What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pakistan Yarkhun @ Mriko

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Super double Pakistani action Roms, you've been busy with them WLD indicas! :yummy:

I wouldn't call those "sativa influenced" but Pakistan is a bit closer to the tropics than Central Asia so one would think they have more in common with Nepalese and Indian strains than a Mazari for example. I'd rather say that the Baglung Nepalese is WLD influenced if anything. ;) As I recall Cannabiogens PCK also has thin pistils if that means anything.

The wild jungli strains in Pakistan, North West India and Nepal are not very NLD, in fact most have a sativa structure but start out with wide leaves. I'm pretty sure what we think of as "indica" is actually many different varieties with different origins, Xinjian being one of the most important sources, and they're giant indicas.

Yarkhun area is linked to Afganistan via the ancient Khyber pass, while the eastern parts of Pakistan are connexted to Xinjian in China. That's how it seems on the map anyway, reality might be a bit more complex.

Last edited:

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
(...)

Yarkhun area is linked to Afganistan via the ancient Karakoram pass, while the eastern parts of Pakistan are connexted to Xinjian in China. That's how it seems on the map anyway, reality might be a bit more complex.

Thanks for your thoughts and knowledges brother Thule!

When i grab Y seeds with Mriko, that was the KaraK thing that made me choose his Yarkhun compared to others more Chitrali ones. Not about the relation with Afghanistan "giant" stuff but about the relation with Nuristani vibes. I thought to find mode WLD with Yarkhuns but in facts not :D That also why i chose the Tom Hill's X18 for doublecrossing, Kafiristanican backcross in mind for the Yarkhun.

Quite complex and paradoxal things to understand yes with North Indian indica (Pakistan,Pradesh, Nepal) located amidst of two "giant indica", the one Chinese and the other Afghanica Mazar, Uzbek etc. And amidzs of all a little Nuristani land and valleys fertiles and protohistoric people up to unfertile +3000m.

My opinion is that when the last major climate upheaval (-12000years) many people naturally took refuge on the mountains, in many parts of the world. So i think Nuristani animist people is trace of a very old civilisation. Had they the cannabis in their culture? If yes the greenz has maybe been acclimatised there by their hands, they probably breeded and created the true old hashplant in fact. And after the cannabis coma back to tropics and spread by the East to India and by the Ouest to Afghanistan. (?) Vibes

Last edited:

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Take the opportunity to salute the work of my french camarade Kerala and his Tiki Seeds Yarkoum gear. F1 with Yarkhun x unknown secret resin producer. Here is traces...

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=14716
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=14251
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=19141

High devilock,

thank you very much for growing these out and
for that excellent smoke report.
Looks like Yarkoum starts to please a lot of growers
smile.gif

Yarkoum can really give excellent yields if you put mature cuts
directly in bloom, I've seen really exciting results with this technique,
you should give that technique a try if your setup permits it....

K.
Maybe you can find Tiki's strains restock in the future here but Artisan Du Bonheur haven't restock the Yarkoum line? I know that Kerala knows big problems with Switzerland and justice. That's why another Tiki's friend breeder have restocked part of Tikiz stuff.
Peace Kerala, by hoping life is enough good with you now!

http://thebadseed.eu/index.php?id_category=45&controller=category&id_lang=5
:smoke:

GoatCheese

Veteran
.. I'd rather say that the Baglung Nepalese is WLD influenced if anything...

The wild jungli strains in Pakistan, North West India and Nepal are not very NLD, in fact most have a sativa structure but start out with wide leaves. I'm pretty sure what we think of as "indica" is actually many different varieties with different origins, Xinjian being one of the most important sources, and they're giant indicas...

Yea, the Banglungs were/are hybrids, more indica than many of the N. Indian charas plants RSC has been offering. But there are viney sativas in the line too ..and lot of purple colors in the line.
:)

GoatCheese

Veteran
Take the opportunity to salute the work of my french camarade Kerala and his Tiki Seeds Yarkoum gear. F1 with Yarkhun x unknown secret resin producer. Here is traces...

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=14716

Breeder Description:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

YARKOUM

Cross established from Pakistani genetics, originating from the Citral valley.
Crossed to improve cristallisation, it produces impressive colas.
Its Pakistani ancestor gave it its resistance and its robustness.
That part of her heritage makes it very tolerant and easy to grow.
With its powerful blackcurrent flavour, this strain is very pleasant and a true novelty.

Mostly indica.

The really purple Nepali pictured on the first page had a black currant-ish smell, but not a sweet one. Kinda like black currant tea + dried cranberries, moldy and earthy
:)

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
As we can see with Kerala's Yarkoum, WLD start then refined with thin pistils and nice sativ final yield!

With X18 and its large pistils the yield is ridiculous in comparison! :biggrin:
But terpz and aromaz of X18 are, in general, also ridiculous superior to Chitrali cultivars like Yarkhun or Laspur!

conlarazon

Veteran
Wwoooww Roms , this small bud to X18 is amazing .

Muy buenas fotos y todo muy sano ....

Salud por alla

Gracias por tu amistad :)

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
That paki have so much similarity to my azad landrace from kashmir!

I really enjoy the mellow high of these HP, but there lacking of taste turn me off aswell.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I wouldn't call those "sativa influenced" but Pakistan is a bit closer to the tropics than Central Asia so one would think they have more in common with Nepalese and Indian strains than a Mazari for example.

Just to re-phrase this, I don't think Yarkhun strains are more similar to Nepalese strains than to Mazar. But Mazar i Shariff is situated north of the Hindu Kush (lowland) while Yarkhun is on the way to Nepal geographically. I'm sure lots of hashplant genetics were imported to northern India as peculiarities but they have a much more likely origin in Pakistan than Afghanistan, thus the similarities.

There are lots of different climatic zones in the Hindu Kush area, some are low lying deserts, some are dry and mountainous and some like Chitral are affected by the monsoon and have a local steppe climate. Take the same genetics and grow them in a different locale, eventually the genetics will change. :)

Because I love maps I'll just leave this here

karte-topographie-zentralasien-010.png

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Just to re-phrase this, I don't think Yarkhun strains are more similar to Nepalese strains than to Mazar. But Mazar i Shariff is situated north of the Hindu Kush (lowland) while Yarkhun is on the way to Nepal geographically. I'm sure lots of hashplant genetics were imported to northern India as peculiarities but they have a much more likely origin in Pakistan than Afghanistan, thus the similarities.

Absolutely yes mann!

There are lots of different climatic zones in the Hindu Kush area, some are low lying deserts, some are dry and mountainous and some like Chitral are affected by the monsoon and have a local steppe climate. Take the same genetics and grow them in a different locale, eventually the genetics will change.
smile.gif

Yah micro climats vibes, btw the Nuristan seems to be magical green despite the altitude around 3500m? :biggrin:

Because I love maps I'll just leave this here

We love your maps Mr North :)

The little black stain here is the Nuristan, ex-Kafiristan!
N.A.S.A. captured!
picture.php

Nouristani wibes peace
picture.php

conlarazon

Veteran
Hello Roms ,

they are very homogeneous plants, and very productive males.

The leaves are very large and wide, I like a lot

Regards from Chile

Salud por alla Roms,
gracias por el seguimiento

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Si l'ami quite homogeneous in general terms, just two girls that are a bit late but there are also some small differences in the details WBLD/NLD, bluish, terpz, trunk shape and vigor or not of down branches... ;)

Hasta luego amigo

Part of the harem...
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited: