What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TOP 5 CHEAPEST BUD you smoked in A'dam

Sativied

Veteran
I was being polite really mate, what I was actually saying is all the shops seem to mislabel Amnesia...
smile.gif
Oh yes, "Amnesia" is the new "White Widow", which was the new (super)skunk. Especially in smaller towns, smaller shops with short menus if it's not haze but strong "white" strain it's sold as white widow. Same thing with Amnesia, if it's hazy.... The shop I buy my favorite Amnesia actually calls it Super Haze. Reminds me of when skunk was sold as super skunk because, well, you know, it's super (and one guilder more) :)

24 years eh?
smile.gif

a lot has changed hasn't it? I used to like it when the dealer didn't actually work for the shop and just sat in the corner with his bumbag/fanny pack
smile.gif
I sold quite a few zips from "hip bags" myself on the Wadden islands decades ago (no shops). Later (rave times) it made a come back to sell other stuff. Good times. As if cops didn't exist. Ended up working for the coffeeshop where I bought it. The idea to use the hip bag dealer came from the first shops in Amsterdam, if the cops came it wasn't the coffeeshop/theahouse owner that broke the law but the dealer sitting at the bar.

Later some of the better shops had a "book". "Can I see the book?" was the common question to start with. Books normally used to store projector slides, but had instead zips with 'weed' and hash, so you could browse the books and pick from a few bags.

Nowadays they have a "bud tender", I had one who asked me for a tip... at greenhouse shop... for rubbing his sweaty thumbs over my nuggets to crumble of that last 0.01gram or whatever it was.

The main negative change imo is from recent years though, they closed so many shops in Amsterdam and it just gets busier, too busy in many shops. I liked to end the evening at Barney's - overpriced but great Macchiatos and the tangerine dream (from a good harvest...) tastes great in the free to use volcanos - but it's way too busy there. Baba is always full, don't even bother checking the original dampkring, can never sit at Jolly Joker and many others... I do tend to go on either Thursday night or Saturday, and new year's eve.

Years ago I used to end my coffeeshop tours in the Grasshopper despite their overpriced drinks, before they closed, became a steakhouse (that green lit building one the left when you walk from CS to the dam square).At least they had plenty of space.

And above all, I miss white Deutscher Meisters... every self-respecting shop had one, and still should imo. Great way to connect with new people and break language barriers.

I envy people who go to Amsterdam for the first time or just haven't seen it all yet. Boerenjongens is then 20min by tram, while after a few times it's a short walk from CS (take Zeedijk instead of Damrak, cross the Nieuwmarkt, take the Kloveniersburgwal street, cross the bridge, cross the Rembrandsquare diagonally, enter the Utrechtse straat and the new Hunters will be at the right and Boerenjongens across the bridge on the left.)

lardossen

Yo-yo Coffee Shop

Yo-yo Coffee Shop

I went to Yo-yo coffee shop on the corner of Hemonystraat and Tweede Jan van der Heijdenstraat.

They do 5e deals (0.9g to 0.6g) and 10e deals (1.8g to 1.2g), most of there weed is outdoor grown, most of the strains seemed to be old school Dutch Passion stuff. They do a few popular strains grown under lamps like Amnesia Haze & Bubble Gum.

I bought one each of their Frisian Dew and Haze. Neither had great bag appeal, look as if it had been dried too quickly and smell was quite subtle. Though enjoyed smoking both, and were a lot stronger than I expected outdoor grown to be.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
hehe thats nearly always the case eh Mack, but for once it isn't... or at least, I dont think it is..

this one has a sweeter taste, a bit like top deck lager and lime..... hopefully they'll have some in November if youre about, I'll be sure to grab some if I'm down there anyway :)

genetics wise, I couldnt tell you, CD ... as far as I can tell its mislabeled as I can't find any Jungle Haze by any breeders...

edit: apparently it's Affie x SSH ... Although I'm not sure I trust a menu that tells me the Mexican Haze is a Hawaiian Land Race :D

as per this old menu...
picture.php

Last edited:

SAMSEED

The borejon. Wasn't bad , the bow ties had me crying ..lol.

Yeah never went to out of town one , Rembrandtplein ..

Some really nice hazes for 10-11 a g .....

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
fkn bow ties? lmao I ain seen that yet... sounds like my kinda place though ;)

Last edited:

74G

ok so PLEASE tell me there r still GOOD places
to grab GOOD Buds or H at a GOOD prices
in the 'Dam in 2016 or all was sold in 2015 ;-) !!!!!!!!!!!!!

NotYourSaviour

Read the whole thread and I'm mostly with Sativied here as I'm going since a similar long time.

Not so much after cheap stuff as everything tends to has it's price in life, definitely in Amsterdam! To me everything is horribly overpriced in this town anyway and I'm only looking for inspirations on the hash side of things due to not so constant contacts at home, not so often buy grass personally where it's the opposite luckywise.

Howsoever, Kadinsky was mentioned before and if you're after some sort of discount when it comes to five grams(never buy that much personally as I like choice)as they give you 20% which is the only real discount in my eyes, everything else is laughable but each to their own. Only downside is they charge stiff prices(up to 17€/g for grass) as in the centre but it's handy.
They often have wonderful moroccan hashish on offer, sure shot is their King Hassan but it's 13€/g. Just take a look around the menu, maybe you find something at the lower priced ones! I'm sure!

Another option is as mentioned before of course Tweede Kamer / Dampkring II with their mororccan King Hassan for 6€. Nice polm for that price but of course different to the one from Kadinsky.

Otherwise as others reported already you should take a look at the Boerejongens chain(Boerejongens, Bij and Boerejongens on Utrechtstraat where Stix once was located)outside of the centre.
Even though Original Dampkring and Tweede Kamer / Dampkring II offer similar wares for similar prices. Or places like De Graal, Katsu and Club Media in the Pijp.
If you're going to other more local places you indeed will find nice grass for okish prices but mostly oldschool strains like White Widow, Northern Lights and so on as others pointed out, too.

I assume you have seen this thread, maybe useful, too. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314291

Enjoy your stay:biggrin:!

Last edited:

74G

please i wanna learn from new places not from the one i knew since decades.... PLEASE HELP ME DUTCH... .. . to find decent H and W at DECENT prices for a place like yours... i have better deals at home for morrocans PLEASE... i know tjere is good place or everybody earn 2000 euros/month???
All the best to all the one that visit amsterdam it is a place i love and always will but ... you know what i mean... .. .

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
Nice Place & Warda got amazing quality for the prices ( 8-10€ weed ) . The hash is also killer from quality & price. Both in the ceintuurban region, take tram 4 :)

Gizmo

does anybody still go to the 420 de kuil cafe and dutchflower ? i used to buy some very good nevilles haze at de kuil and some other nice sativa at dutchflower. i used to buy a strain name heaven's delight at one of the rokerij, it has a nice turpentine aroma. an other strain i like was hawaiian haze i cant remember if i bought it at dutchflower or greenhouse, it has a strong floral aroma and a very nice high, do you remember these strains ? it was good times in amsterdam close to 15 years ago, going to every coffeeshop after eating a box of philosopher stone :biggrin: it just remind me the odor of a manali hash i bought too :) souvenir souvenir...

mack 10

Veteran
love that old manali...

got some nice hash from Katsu the other day.
someone brought the moroc special or something,
its a 4gram for 20euro deal,
so i didn't even look at it (when i had the menu)
my bro brought some, i jokingly snapped a piece off
and said "i'd better test this"...lol thinking it would be crap...
would you believe it, it bubbled up a treat!
real melty bubbly maroc for 20euro for 4 gram!
deal of the week.
if you like Maroc, buy some.

Amsterdab16

Some off the grid reports from Amsterdam (i.e. non-coffeeshop sourced pricing):

Super Silver Haze: 7 per gram

Silver Fields (SSH x Killing Fields): 8 per gram

Casey Jones: 8 per gram

Cheese: 7 per gram

Cali Orange v.1: 8 per gram

Cali Orange v. 2: 7 per gram

Silver Kush: 8 per gram

Haze (citra pheno, maybe a SLH cross): 7 per gram

Amsterdab16

Edit to add: above rights are for 5-gram bags (increments). Prices drop very moderately for larger orders.

Also from another source:

S5 Haze - 10g fr 60 euros

24K & Kandy Kush Block Hashes - 10 a g (singles) or 10g for 90 euros. (Same as one's on 1e Hulps menu for 14 p.g.)

Gizmo

Edit to add: above rights are for 5-gram bags (increments). Prices drop very moderately for larger orders.

Also from another source:

S5 Haze - 10g fr 60 euros

24K & Kandy Kush Block Hashes - 10 a g (singles) or 10g for 90 euros. (Same as one's on 1e Hulps menu for 14 p.g.)

they can sell officially more than 5 gram now ?

Amsterdab16

These are extra-Coffeeshop prices and sources as stated above. Just wanted to offer another perspective of what's around, for people who may not cultivate themselves but don't want to be bothered paying the inflated coffeeshop rates...after living here a while in really strains one's wallet ha