What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

reserva privada skywalker kush doesnt look like the description?

drgr33nuk

A friend has some reserva privada
skywalker Kush and cali connection 818 headband. The head and looks good with lots of vigorous growth and plenty of flower sites. Smells gorgeous too !!

the skywalker Kush on the other hand seems to be completely different to the description ? These plants are short and stocky and have seemed to not liked being topped as the growth is very close and slow with fan leaves the size of my head :).

was wondering if anyone else has had experience with the skywalker Kush and if this sounds right. Just that he is now deciding what to keep and drop and the Skywalker Kush is not looking like a keeper.

both are in the same grow room and are in top condition. The room is a sealed 3 x 1 environment controlled by ecotechnics evolution complete setup with co2 sensor. Temp is around 27oC with a diff of around 5 and humidity @ 60% atm. Grown in gold label 60/40 coco mix using material pots (dirt pot) and canna coco base nutes with house & garden roots exc and amino treatment also adding a calcium / magnesium additive because he's using RO water.

cheers

Cameltom

the ones my friend grew where FUCKIN HUGE:plant grow:
it seemed most of the phenos where killer. maybe one or 2 wasnt up to par with flavor, but all good meds... he said they where the best meds he ever had...
I didnt think they where that good, however they where verry nice bud. i have grow Reserva prevadas Headband, Kosher Kush and stacked kush... kosher and headband made my top ten flavors ever tried, however skywalker did not

whiteberrieS

brains1ck
Veteran
picture.php

^
One of the short ones I had...taste/smell/potency was top notch. The other 5, not so much. He's running from seed? If they all look the same from seed they've worked on it further, or the differences will appear in flower. I got em when they first came out got 2 sat phenos, 2 indica phenos (the one pictured above being the keeper) one "pot plant" pheno and one weird 4-5 month flowering pheno that would've had crazy buds by the time she finished but I don't have the patience for that shit.

This is the weird one, heirloom sativa type nugs, started out indica dominant what with the fat leaves and everything but blossomed into this:
picture.php

Week 7 if I remember correctly. My thread on em. I didn't give it a search friendly title. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=244538

Justis

out of the 5 I grew 1 was far heavier than the other 4 plus tasted better an it tastes aamazing just coats your mouth real hard tight nugs that stink the hole house up or any room your in with it in your pocket

greenops

I just finished a multi strain scrog with 1 Skywalker OG (from seed) in it. It was the 2nd highest yielding (out of 8), after the Headband... smells like fuel and some lemon.. can't complain

somerandom

I just finished a multi strain scrog with 1 Skywalker OG (from seed) in it. It was the 2nd highest yielding (out of 8), after the Headband... smells like fuel and some lemon.. can't complain

Damn i hope to find a high yielder out of the rest of my pack . Mine was is tall , lanky , not many branches, little yield . and is picky as fuck . The one I have flowering now is the first one of many that hasn't grown past the light ( i thought this was why she was called skywalker )

I actually have a few about to finish up and one more that's going in flower then I'm done with it for now and hope to come back to her someday .
Mine looks like whiteberries second pic , Especially the leaves, minus the nice long colas :)

It is very potent to me and others , So much so, a lot of people don't care for it :biggrin: To me it smells great, taste great, Hits hard but drops off hard too , Linear and not very complex !

BuzzdLightyear

ive ran this strain, popd 3 beans, 1 didnt gem...other 2 was aggressive, not too picky and LOVED their N.

unfortunately, i have no smoke report or info on finished flowers, they both hermed pretty bad shortly after this pic

one pheno was talk lanky and reached for the stars, the other was a short, squatty bushy lil lady.

Attachments

• 1375725020706.jpg
    1375725020706.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 17

drgr33nuk

Cheers for the feedback guys. The skywalker kush finished poor. The smoke was good but the yield was poor. The 818 headband is fucking amazing. Looks the part, Smells the part, very nice flavor and heavy tight buds :D Will defo buy these beans again.

browntrout

Veteran
Probably the Mazar coming out if the skywalker was legit.

RSC mazar....

Attachments

• real-seed-company-mazar-i-sharif.jpg
    real-seed-company-mazar-i-sharif.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 20

TrinZilla

We have grown out the DP version of Skywalker , several clone-only versions of Skywalker OG and a Skywalker Kush that is dank as fuck and closely resembles Master when flowered. All of the Skywalker OGs that we have ran have been lanky and dank, the DP Skywalker was dissed after one run (someone's idea of a joke?).

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
Probably the Mazar coming out if the skywalker was legit.

RSC mazar....

Reservas skywalker is supposed to be a seed version of skywalker og, no bb x mazar there. I've been trying to get a good cut of the skywalker for awhile, the cut I got is almost certainly not legit, and looks more like a bb x mazar, with dark huge fans a thick main stem and Christmas tree growth. If rp used the real g cut, then the phenos to watch for are gonna be the tall stretchy ones, the real skywalker og is also called sativa og because of the structure

EmeraldPeakFarm

Reserva Privada Skywalker is absolute garbage. Actually pretty much all of reservas gear is trash. in 2013 I ran their sour diesel (nice looking buds but absolutely no nose) and sour kush (actually very good, a true og x sour d, huge nugs classic og Nose). in 2014 I ran sour kush again (same as in 2013 very good, hardly any varation in phenos, great strain), skywalker og (fucking garbage, grows like a sativa smells like a shitty version of green crack), and holy grail og (terrible strain, smelled like peppery nacho cheese, not a good nose, ugly buds that turned purple). This year I had enough of their shitty genetics and went back to what I knew worked well, sour kush. Guess what, they sent me seeds that were exactly like the green crack. These guys are worthless, and super inconsistant dont waste your time on their c+ grade genetics.

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
Wow- never had so much as an average plant mush less a bad one from rp. Few years ago, did the og 18, last year I grew as our tangie freebie, and this year I just harvested the skywalkerog. The plants have averaged about 3 z of manicured bud and the buds get me pretty high(b+). See my album for pics.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
DP Skywalker is excellent. Out of two packs 4 females we the same keep. Top notch nuggetry.

So RP SWK does not use any Skywalker? So basically just a name grab?

HoggIsland

Reserva Privada Skywalker is absolute garbage. Actually pretty much all of reservas gear is trash. in 2013 I ran their sour diesel (nice looking buds but absolutely no nose) and sour kush (actually very good, a true og x sour d, huge nugs classic og Nose). in 2014 I ran sour kush again (same as in 2013 very good, hardly any varation in phenos, great strain), skywalker og (fucking garbage, grows like a sativa smells like a shitty version of green crack), and holy grail og (terrible strain, smelled like peppery nacho cheese, not a good nose, ugly buds that turned purple). This year I had enough of their shitty genetics and went back to what I knew worked well, sour kush. Guess what, they sent me seeds that were exactly like the green crack. These guys are worthless, and super inconsistant dont waste your time on their c+ grade genetics.

Great post!

Mr. Lovebuzzed

its very well known fact in cannaworld that these seedbanks are hit and miss.. its because of their way of "breeding" :biggrin: they pay somebody else for it..

so you can get outstanding plants, but depends on the strain :biggrin: or what people done the work on it..

with love :tiphat:

BadRabbit

There's a seedy truth and it applies to all of them. My RP OG#18 was one of the worst packs of worthless shite I've ever run. But you see plenty of people posting great results from RP every week.

It's a crap shoot no matter the breeder or amount spent - I suppose those folks who buy 5 or 10 packs of a single strain (or more?) and hunt for that magic pheno have it right, but with that much cost and effort, it better be your holy fucking grail plant to make it worthwhile.

GuyManDude

wow, that's a very ignorant of you to say. Just because a strain or strains don't do well in your environment, they absolutely must be crap. How effen silly is that??

I'm currently growing Reserva Pravda's Skywalker Kush and she's doing exceptionally well in my garden. Smells like lemon fuel mixed with astringent. She responded well to topping too. Actually I on;y topped her once and she turned into a multi top beast. She's due to come down mid august and I truly cannot wait to smoke her.

the plant in the front is the Skywalker. Immediately behind her is BlueMystic.

2nd pic is a group shot of the flower room and set up.. Skywalker is in the middle (right), next to the Double Strawberry Diesel (short plant, multiple tops in front center slightly left)

Attachments

• Skywalker Kush 721-private.jpg
    Skywalker Kush 721-private.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 22
  • group 721-private.jpg
    group 721-private.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 24