What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is Death Star Available in Seed Form?

jawnroot

I don't often read High Times, but I glanced at the latest issue in the book store this evening, and noticed an article about a new strain, Death Star. I was intrigued by the name, so grabbed a copy to see what the deal was.

In a nutshell, the breeders were gifted a "true" version of Sour Diesel, by a Vermont grower (this, I'm assuming, is in contrast to the Res release). They crossed their SD with a number of varieties, until arriving at a holy grail cross with Sensi Star.

I have to admit, the name hooked me, and the cross sealed the deal. Although the article was typical High Times sensationalism, I can't deny the appeal of a Sour Diesel x Sensi Star cross. It sounds downright awesome.

So all that being said, is this strain available in seed form? If not, is it headed in that direction? I poked around the forums, and all I could find was a few threads talking about acquired clones, which, of course, does me little good, as I have no idea where to get a clone of this greatness.

jawnroot

I checked it out...are you thinking of DP Skywalker? I didn't see Death Star listed on the DP web site, nor at the popular retailers.

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ahhhh! Deathstar....not in seed form, she's a passed cutting. Smokes/Looks like ECSD except tighter, thiner, longer nugs that hug the stem and she's STRONG. She is around the Boston area. I thought she was Sour when smoking her, but looking at her she's like a Super Sour lmao. Anyone who smokes her is lucky, anyone who grows her is REALLY lucky!
I believe she reigns from Ohio originally? Do a search, she''l come up.....I haven't smoked her in over a year, but she is GOD WEED. She may be new to HighTimes, but I believe her to be pretty well traveled and aged....Peace!

hilljack

she is very very tasty

im more into ecsd but death star is a very nice change up with a little more body and a little less head

bigdiesel

hey jawnroot are you in colorado i was on craigslist and read someone asking for this cut. Im in the fort collins area and i have a cut of the darkstar from a friend in ohio... dont know if it came from Vermont or not but its my prized possession!!!! Very very potent smoke and a finicky strain for sure!!! kinda like the sour diesel. I plann on crossing it with some blueberry or sweet island skunk soon to increase the yield! peace.

superjoint

Death Star lol just remember its Diesel in the cross ..pure hype somebody got a hold of a strain that turns colors on the east coast and now were supposed to get all excited about it, soon as it said Sour d i knew it was a joke

C

crownedsparrow

was wrong:
TH Seeds Darkstar is the latest variety to join our fleet is the devastatingly strong Darkstar™. It is mostly Indica * Purple Kush x Mazar I-Sharif. This mega Indica not only grows ridiculously dense buds, but the potency is out of this world. Darkstar™ is a great plant for those seeking pain relief, appetite enhancement and other worldly activities. Darkstar™ is a dream to grow with its high calyx to leave ratio, making it a breeze to manicure. Darkstar cannabis seeds grow to a height of 120 - 140cm and produces a good yield. Flowering time takes 70 days. So grab some Darkstar™ today and begin your countdown to the launch.

Helis

SD x SS? That sounds delightful. Actually sounds a lot like what I am looking for. Shame something like this hasn't been self'd yet, for seeds. And then you say
She is around the Boston area
And I realize the only shame is that I don't know more local growers...

Well this is on my wish-list, to find someday. Sounds like a wonderful cross and must be a lovely lady to have around :smokeit:

stanky1

Recently got a cut of this, still in veg at this point, looking a lot like the SD imo, i saw my friends in flower and you could see the diesel influence but was less stretchy. He said he was a bit disappointed with the yield but it was his first run with her. He has higher hopes for his next run, but the taste smell and high and all top notch. Big Diesel do you have Toe Jam and Flo by chance, my friend from Columbus just went out the CO this fall to trade some cuts and i know he picked up the TJ (CheesexFlo) from a friend out there. I know its prob not but could be a small world. Anyway be safe and enjoy the DS, just got some SDxFt Collins Cough beans from a friend excited to see what they hold.

Stanky

PS by buddy is into tDB

Duckmang

Deathstar seeds are few and far between. Very luckily I got my hands on a seed last summer. Crossed it with a Southern Lights male and am currently growing out a batch to find my "keeper".

CrazyJAE

hey jawnroot are you in colorado i was on craigslist and read someone asking for this cut. Im in the fort collins area and i have a cut of the darkstar from a friend in ohio... dont know if it came from Vermont or not but its my prized possession!!!! Very very potent smoke and a finicky strain for sure!!! kinda like the sour diesel. I plann on crossing it with some blueberry or sweet island skunk soon to increase the yield! peace.

Big I am also in FOCO. I am a MMD owner, caregiver and medical patient. I might have some stuff you would be interested in if you wanna trade. I wouldnt be surprised if we dont know each other already. We are working with 36 different strains and are in search of the holy grail of meds. send me a message if you wanna get down.

Duckmang

Update on the DS X SLT cross...... The F1 seeds are 2-3ft tall now. They appear pretty uniform but there was one noted oddity. One plant bled a deep purple when topped when the others all bled clearish. Unsure if it means anything or not but I thought it was really cool. The purple blood plant is an aggressive grower so I have my suspicians it is male plant. Regardless of male or female it will be used for the backcross. Unfortunately these plants have very little bush to them and I'm waiting for enough side growth to start taking clones.

Latest posts

Latest posts