What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

D9 THC isolate

Beaker984

picture.php

View image in gallery

This is a shot of D9 THC isolate being peeled off the bottom of my cryogenic sublimation apparatus. Pressure used in this final step was reported as ¾ of one micron nominal. Temperature of oil at this stage was 127° C. This very low final temperature "distillation" as carried out in a cryogenic sublimator. The sublimator is pressed into service not for sublimation at all but rather as an extremely short path device. Utilized thusly the unit represents a true theoretical single plate molecular simole distillation device and purities approaching absolute are possible.

mack 10

Veteran
looks crazy. super clear.

so that is as pure as it gets?
no terps? just delta9 THC?

Beaker984

This is as pure as it gets really but once exposed to oxygen as it is in the photo the D9 begins to oxidize immediately into CBN. So very fresh out of the sublimation apparatus it is very pure but taking it in and out of vacuum storage to dab and the inevitable degredation into the red occurs. There are no terpenes present. Just D9 at the moment of the shot.

Generally I re-run the compound after a few weeks to leave the CBN behind and restore it to high purity. The sublimation apparatus when used as a short path device has extremely low hold up and is well suited to micro amounts of compound. A little bit goes a long way with me but as it degrades it definately loses the cognitive impact that pure D9 packs.

Latest posts

Latest posts