What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dakines NEW Fresh Start-Multiple Strains

Dakine

Veteran
I'll post the thread I was reading when I get home in a little bit. It was a defoliation experiment on NYCD plants. They where talking about how a rootbound plant is gonna be pushed to flower?

I already know from experience as you can see that rootbound plants don't do to well in flower lol.Alright so I'll leave the fan leaves that aren't almost completely dead haha.. you think I should cut all that lower growth on both plants that I posted pics of? I could actually use some of the lower shoots for clones..

I was watering the girls every other day when they where in the 2gal pots. I would dig through the first 1-inch to 1 1-2inches of top soil to see if it was dry and lift the pots to see how heavy they where. I think I'll stick to watering every other day for now, just until they start growing more roots and need to be watered every day..

They where drooping because of the intense watering I gave them today when I transplanted them. But I was talking about the fan leafs on just 1 branch specifically on the plants that where drooping from what looked to be heat. You think I should raise the light a little and have the plants directly under the light? Or should I keep them a little off centered and about 1 1/2 feet away from the bulb like they are currently?

Dakine

Veteran
To be honest, no I haven't actually metered the temps lol. I've been just going off of feel. That's why I got the exhaust fan a couple days ago, it's only on when the lights is on. I also have the big ion fan positioned near the air flaps on the bottom of the tent, so at night it's pulling in fresh cool air. I have the fan on 24/7 and it's oscillating..

Yes this is my 1st indoor grow. I've never even had plants grown inside/vegging inside and then taken outside to flower. I've only grown outside and when I did I never used a pot besides germinating. I would dig about A 3gal hole maybe a little bigger and put store bought soil mix in and then put the rootbound baby into it and just let them grow.

Dankwolf

To be honest, no I haven't actually metered the temps lol. I've been just going off of feel. That's why I got the exhaust fan a couple days ago, it's only on when the lights is on. I also have the big ion fan positioned near the air flaps on the bottom of the tent, so at night it's pulling in fresh cool air. I have the fan on 24/7 and it's oscillating..

Yes this is my 1st indoor grow. I've never even had plants grown inside/vegging inside and then taken outside to flower. I've only grown outside and when I did I never used a pot besides germinating. I would dig about A 3gal hole maybe a little bigger and put store bought soil mix in and then put the rootbound baby into it and just let them grow.

If i am giving to much info just let me know just trying to help. I wish i had pics of my first indoor grow it was sad and a joke lol. I love indoor cause ypu can control every aspect of the plant development to suit your idea of perfect . cant wait to see your girls with some room and light .

Triming plants up is a good way to get clones for sure .

As far as heat goes hps have a good amount of radent heat and infa red heat so its hard to tell some times . my 400 w hps runs in a un vented cheapo hood about 8 inches away from canopy at times in between raising for growth. But when plants first go under hid light from floros or cfls i keep the hid light about 2 feet away lowering like an inch a day till i find the sweet spot of coverage / penatraion with out burnning plant. My sweet spot for growth is about 14 to 20 inches away in veg and about and about 10 to 14for flower . for a 400w hps .

Dakine

Veteran
Damn bro why are you always asking me if its ok to post stuff in my thread lol? IVE TOLD YOU ALREADY, ITS FINE!! You and gastrogrower are only trying to help, and for all we know someone mightve been having the same problem as me and then they see your post with the answers and information from your experience!

So maybe I should raise the Light A Couple inches and go down from there, so I can find the sweetspot.

Also some of the clones I took have already grown 3-5 fresh new nodes. Should I top them now? I usually top them earlier but I wanna grow my clones like the ones you did. Every new shoot is the same exact height as all the other tops.

Dakine

Veteran
Heres some pics of the clones. Some where taken at the same time but others where taken 3 weeks later but took half the time to show roots then the 1st batch.. Every single cut was about 2inches, and once they show roots at the bottom of the rockwool cube, I cut the outer plastic off the cube, and then place them into soil. No cut was more then 1inch from the top of soil line lol..

I only realized that my cuts where to small after I had all of them in soil. I will be killing around 1/2 of them to stay within my local laws ;). Unless my cousins who also have cards and can grow want them.

All of the cuts from the SSSDH girls rooted! The 3 cuts from A Skywalker where the slowest to root and only 2 of them even made it into soil. They dont look like theyre gonna make it.

Cuts from SSSDH Girl #1-Bushy Girl

Cuts from SSSDH Girl #2- Taller/Sturdy Girl

Skywalker

Do I still have to trim some of the fan leaves that arent healing from the droop, and I still gotta clean the bottom of both plants up. I just gotta decide which new/low growth to cut/keep. Any suggestions?

Right now I have the Hps set on 200watts and not 400watts. I wanted to see if it made a difference in the leaves drooping. The Girls Are NOT directly under the Bulb, I also raised the light a little bit, so now the girls are about 13inches away from the bulb. I can raise the light Only up to 20inches higher, then it would basically be touching the top of tent.

#1 Bushy Girl is on the Left now, and #2 Tall Sturdy Girl is on the Right.
[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_0930.jpg]View Image[/URL]

#1 Bushy Girl-2 Main Branches from the Topping
[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_0932.jpg]View Image[/URL]

#2 Tall&Sturdy Girl-3 Main Branches from an attempted Fim Method
[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_0931.jpg]View Image[/URL]

Man I hope my plants get to that height. Good job bro.

Dankwolf

Wiat till ypu have 5 to 6 new nodes that were not on the clones when you rooted then top plants .after that get each 5 or 6 branches to about 2 to 3 inches and start training to be same hight . what hepls me is i slowly make the domentit tops lower then the smaller bottoms till they catch up on hight and maturity of main tops . the sooner you get the tops even the sooner you can flower.

One thing i should have said is some strains dont like to be trained . you will know if they dont like it cause they will stop growing for like 3 days to a week.

Dakine

Veteran
Thanks Harry, but its not like you havent grown plants this big lol. You just dont have plants this big right now.

Alrgight DankWolf, im going to top them right now and then see how all the branches/shoots start growing. Then ill see how I need to train these girls!

So I dont want to post these next pics up cause its not a good example of what ive done in my previous grows lol. But I feel like I need to post these up since its my first indoor buds, even though I didnt take care of these girls at all.. Hopefully my 2nd indoor harvest with an hps and real genetics makes a big difference.

These will be thrown in with my trim from previous grows for a hash run, OR ill use these as incense. Hopefully they smell good burning.

1st girl-

2nd Girl-

Dakine

Veteran
I had to harvest these early because my SSSDH girls are about to be on there 2nd day of flowering and these Skywalker girls started to grow some nanners. Pistils should be showing up on the SSSDH girls in a couple days and I DID NOT want them to get pollinated with hermie dust,

GastroGrower

That harvest doesn't look too bad really. You could have maybe added some bulk with extra care, but I'd say that's a pretty decent looking cola.

My first indoor grow was pretty terrible as well, haha. I started by just buying a clone one day at a medical shop. Before I knew it I had expanded from a little space bucket setup to 3 tents. Anyway I totes fucked most of them up, but even with that they all produced pretty well. The cannabis plant is an amazingly tough plant when you consider what it can deal with.

Dakine

Veteran
Thanks Gastro lol, but they look ALOT better in those pics then a close up! Very Loose/Airy buds. Not that frosty. They smelled good growing but once i trimmed they smell like grass chopped grass haha!

Day 2 of Flower, Started flowering on 11/13/16

New Tnt Lab Testers. In under 24 Hours all where floating and cracked, half of them had roots popping out. But then I blew on them to try and see if other seeds had roots showing and some of them sank.

Last edited:

Dakine

Veteran
Hey guys, so I seriously might have to throw some of the SSSDH girls into the tent to flower or outside to flower. Because im starting some new Tnt Lab Genetics im running out of room in my veg area.

The drooping leaves on the one branch on the SSSDH Tall&Sturdy girl #2 isnt getting any better but isnt getting any worse. Also just so we know the 2 girls are 28inches on there highest point!

Im going to be starting 2 new threads for the TnT Strains. Please stop by if you have the time. As I might need some advice in there as well haha

GastroGrower

No idea what was up with that branch but I'm glad it's not spreading to the rest of the plant. I imagine those SSSDH girls will stretch a good deal once they really start to flower if they're already over 2'.

It's amazing how quickly your veg space fills up, haha. It's so tempting to start new stuff while you're waiting for space to clear up in a flower area or whatever.

Not really familiar with anything from TNT, I'll keep an eye out for your thread though.

Dankwolf

Hey guys, so I seriously might have to throw some of the SSSDH girls into the tent to flower or outside to flower. Because im starting some new Tnt Lab Genetics im running out of room in my veg area.

The drooping leaves on the one branch on the SSSDH Tall&Sturdy girl #2 isnt getting any better but isnt getting any worse. Also just so we know the 2 girls are 28inches on there highest point!

Im going to be starting 2 new threads for the TnT Strains. Please stop by if you have the time. As I might need some advice in there as well haha

I would not ditch any genetics for new genetics unless proven to me in person by vary trusted source. I also would not judge your previous run you might just be surprised at the out come now that you have ran it once and are getting it dialed in with a new light . i give most strains 2 shots before i ditch them (i learned the hard way and lost some killer genetics in the past).at least keep one of each sssdh clines for now . also i would expect alot more stretch then ypur used to with the sssdh girls hps have alot of red witch makes plants stretch . your last run with them looked ok minus light intensity. If ypur last run smelled green/lawn clipings you probably harvested too early is all or if they are leaning to heavy to the haze side you might want to run your flower room at 11 on 13 off at worst ypu will harvest sooner . 11 on 13 off should help fill out the ssshd better i am guessing .

When i get new/untested seeds i get them just big enough to take 2 clone off each seed plant for back up. Then through seed plants into flower so you can see witch plants have potential. No reason to get them huge or big when you have limited space especially when there is no 100% chance of every one being a keeper witch there never is. I would flower seed plants out at like a 1 ft max in half gallon at the largest container size . red solo cups should work for veg room to keep space utilization and max capacity. Just my two cents

Dakine

Veteran
Yeah man, My veg space was semi filled but then I started taking more clones since I was cleaning up the lower part of the SSSDH girls for flower. I didnt think some of the cuts would root because of there health but everything rooted lol... I even tried to do branches that where topped.

They werent proven to me in person but from other people who tested the genetics on this forum. Right now I have about 12 clones total. 5 SSSDH#1 and 5SSDH#2 and 2Skywalker clones plus the new seeds im germinating right now of the Genetics from TnT Labs.

But I have so much space in the flower tent so I was thinking about putting the 4-6inch high clones in there. Instead of just killing them ya know? Also When my tent is closed with the fan on but exhaust fan off my temps are 88Degrees Fahrenheit wheen the Exhaust fan is on with the tent closed its about 86Degrees.

EDIT- DankWolf The pictures I posted of the most recent harvest where from the Skywalkers. I havent harvested any SSSDH girls yet. The only SSSDH girl thats close to harvest is the small girl that I have flowering outside

Last edited:

Dankwolf

Your temps sound high . was that 86 at the canopy ? 72 to 82 with lights on is ideal and 65 to 75 lights off is ideal of corse strain dependent .

Last edited:

Dakine

Veteran
I had the Gauge on the outside of the plants around the middle of the tent so its basically at the canopy. When my lights are off it gets much cooler. At 80 degrees or under since its night time and right near a window that gets alot of air flow.

So most likely thats why Im getting those Droopy leaves yah?

Dankwolf

I had the Gauge on the outside of the plants around the middle of the tent so its basically at the canopy. When my lights are off it gets much cooler. At 80 degrees or under since its night time and right near a window that gets alot of air flow.

Could vary well be . i would see if you can get the temps down a bit . you will get better stacking and density that way . if its to hot you will get lots of strech (stem growth). Most peoples best grows come at lower temps/winter time when they can keep there temps down . i like to shoot for 78 lights on and 72 lights off.

Last run tgus was my averge day and night .

Thanks for the url help much appreciated.

Dankwolf

Just noticed you said your lights are off at night . just a heads up you might benefit from running lights on from like 430 pm to 430am. Or when ever you coldest time is and take advantage of night time temps to help cool grow room (i have been doing it this way for years ).also power companies normally charge less at night then during the day so you could probably save a few bucks too .

Dakine

Veteran
I'll get some pics up, but I think I might be getting the claw on the leaves of plant #2 tall&sturdy. I looked a little closer at her and I can see a couple spots with nute burn and more leaves drooping. The #1 bushy girl is doing perfectly fine but I moved spots with them. So now #2 tall&sturdy is in front of the fan..

I'm just thinking its that since I had the same problem with the sky walker plants I just harvested. I need to get these SSSDH girls in shape. But if it was cause of the heat then she should do better in front of the fan.

The reason I have the girls off at night is cause I have friends in law enforcement and they told me that when they do helicopter runs over residential areas they look for massive amounts of heat coming from houses at night. I'm no where near massive amounts but it was just an extra safety precaution..

Maybe I could turn the fan on number 2 setting to make it stronger? It's just that if I didn't have the girls tied up the number 1 setting would probably blow them over lol. It's a pretty strong fan.

Latest posts

Latest posts