What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dakines NEW Fresh Start-Multiple Strains

Medfinder

Chemon 91
Im so sad now lol.. This whole time I thought both plants where both making what ever smelled ohh so damn good... I took the #2 Tall&Sturdy Girl into A Disinfectant area where I put tape on each branch that I checked for ball sacks, just to make sure I checked every branch...
I go back to grab the #1Bushy Girl and I didnt smell that Dank Coffee Bean smell anymore.. I rubbed the Bushy Girls Leaves and only smelled A Skunkish Light smell.. So I thought it was just me getting used to the smell..I leave #1 in tent to go back and smell #2Tall&Sturdy...FUCK this whole time she was the one making the house smell sooo Dank, ALL by herself...

I seriously think im just going to try and check every single branch every single day... I was going to statr flowering the other SSSDYH clones in a couple days, but I think I should wait 1-2 weeks. Just to make sure #2Tall&Sturdy Tranny doesnt spread her legs anymore...

OR I could throw either #1 or #2 Outside, OR both of them!! To make some S2s LOL. Then the tent would be able to house the Clones I want to flower...

Let me know what you guys think.. Im frustrated again..

a... sorry to see the herm, these were gifted to you ?

seeds from this site are usually stable though

Dakine

Veteran
Update

Update

Hey everyone, Decided to take A few pics. Of whats been going on.. I still have some Nute/Ph issues and light issues. But its being handled right now.. Im making A bigger veg area so the plants arent so close together.. Even with that, theyll get more light, and have more space.. But im still thinking about getting another 400-600watt Hps/Mh interchangeable set up, since I dont have the funds to finish getting parts for the CMH...

Heres A pic of the LArf/Small buds I just took off of the SSSDH-#1 Bushy Girl that still has A month- Month and 1/2 left.. You guys think I should do that to right? They wont magically become even nug size imo..

I was able to stop off at my friends house who is growing out my SSSDH #2 Tall&Sturdy Girl.. She looks to be getting A healthier, and is packing on bud size to make some colas.

SSSDH-#2 Tall&Sturdy. I only had time to get 1 pic tho..

SSSDH s1-#1 Bushy Girl

Dakine

Veteran
To trim/Lollipop??

To trim/Lollipop??

So I want to know if you guys think I should even take the fan leaves off of the lowest part of this plant. I took off the buds, but not the fan leaves.. EVERYONE else I see do this, has taken off EVERYTHING.

Dakine

Veteran
Oh and hey med man! Nice to see you drop by..

No the SSSDH s1 seeds are from Reservoir Seeds. The Skywalker seeds where gifted to me by the same friend who gave me the current tent im using.. The TNT seeds are testers from TnT Labs..

I would like to be able to pick up A few more genetics in seed form. I've been wanting to run certain strains for awhile but haven't had the funds. Space isn't really an issue to be honest, but being able to give a lot more plants the attention and care they need compared to A few plants is the issue..

I could easily pop more seeds right now, but I want to grow out every plant to its maximum potential. A lot of people blame shitty bud on the genetics, but I've seen friends grow out seeds from the shittiest bag of weed we've ever seen.,

TnTLabs

So I want to know if you guys think I should even take the fan leaves off of the lowest part of this plant. I took off the buds, but not the fan leaves.. EVERYONE else I see do this, has taken off EVERYTHING.

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_1347.jpg]View Image[/URL]

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_1351.jpg]View Image[/URL]
lollipop is only good if you are growing hundreds of clones and all should be just single cola...
you want to have bushes...
so forget lollipop.. you want to trim all the undergrowth... the bottom 1/4 of the plant can all go, or be cloned if poss
:tiphat:

Dakine

Veteran
Lol ok.. Thats kinda what I meant.. I didnt want to fully lollipop them nig,

What do you think about the bottom 2 bud pics in post 282#. The pics in the post couple post up? I really want A strain that has Trichomes even on the Fan Leaves.. Maybe she'll get resin later? The buds/flowers look ok in my opinion.. Could use more frostyness, but what do you guys think?

Dakine

Veteran
SSSDH S1s

SSSDH S1s

Was able to take A couple close up shots. They arent the greatest, im using an iphone 5s. I have A Loop that attatches to my phone so ill try to use it later to look at trichomes..

SSSDH s1, About 1 month left of Flower..

^ I hope it fills in this last month to make 1 big cola with no spacing in the middle

Dakine

Veteran
Ill reserve this post to save for some pics of the clones of the SSSDH im flowering. For some reason the clones look ALOT better in flower right now.. They are way frostier for A few weeks into flower compared to the moms around this same time in flower.

TnTLabs

Ill reserve this post to save for some pics of the clones of the SSSDH im flowering. For some reason the clones look ALOT better in flower right now.. They are way frostier for A few weeks into flower compared to the moms around this same time in flower.

that is normal bro, clones always flower faster and sometimes better than the seed moms

rockymountainJ

Im gonna go to the clean bottom half up... a third still leaves too much larf!! Imo... I hate trimming larf... sick of making hash..
So to the trash with the lil bits!!

TnTLabs

rmj is absolutely right and in commercial crops thats how its done...
i do only bottom quarter cause i still get seeds down there on bigger plants, and why not have that extra penny...
when i was doing flowers ye id chop of a good third of the bottom as it is really just a pain trimming tiny clusters of nothing... time consuming to say the least,
or hang a bulb vertically and you got buds all way up
as you are still getting to grips with it id say to chop of the bottom third is a good place to start...

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dakine,

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=174163

Check out this thread. Since you have light issues, I would removed all the fans. and bend everything over so as to maximize light to most of the bud sites that are being blocked by those fan leaves.

If you remove those leaves in the afternoon, the sap levels are in the roots. When the sap returns, guess where it goes?

Yes, there are things in those old leaves, but realize that the fan leaves also pull energy and are sinks for nutrients.

Read this thread, it was highly controversial.

We do the same things in grapes..... It is amazing...

Since I have a balcony, I am forced to do bending, etc... just got rid of all the fan leaves on a couple of plants and bent everything perpendicular to the ground.

Send in a soil sample already....

TnTLabs

slow expressed what i was actually also thinking today, but wanted to wait to not bombard you with info, but yes defoliation is a tech that will give you results in a short space of time... they will send out new shoots and leaves and go into overdrive..
need to start slowly though, week by week more...

Dakine

Veteran
Lol thanks guys, I'll read that article ASAP!! So I always thought there has to be a certain time to defoliate which would be better then other times.. I guess this verifies my thoughts...

Does it make a difference if a plant is in veg or flower when you do this? It seems like it's just a simple defoliation and some low stress training.. I think I'll start doing it tomorrow or the day after when I transplant/up plant some of them? Or do you guys think it would put them into more shock or cause more stress?

EDIT- Oh and alright Rmj and TnT, I'm going to take even the fan leaves off the bottom .. I thought it would've been good to leave on just in case I run into some problems.. Won't A deficiency start to show on the bottom leaves before spreading to the top? Lol it might give me more time to handle the problems!! Lol �� great thinking yah!?

TnTLabs

yo, you are back... was starting to wonder hehe
bro, strip everything down.. bottom third... EVERYTHING
yes you can see some deficiencys that way, but you will still have fan leaves but higher up..
TBH once you are dialed in you wont care for deficiencys cause you wont have any haha..
ONLY DEFOLIATE IN VEG and if you are good then a maximum up until stretch is finished

rockymountainJ

I dont think the deficiencies that show from bottom up are the ones to worry about!! Those are usually easily addresses...
Its the deficiencies that affect new growth you should be looking for!! IMO!!
Cheers

Dakine

Veteran
SSSDH Clones Outside

SSSDH Clones Outside

Ahh fucking pest problems again.. I only see A couple at the most on each plant.. But I know that those could turn into huhndreds in A couple days lol... When they are in there usual spot they are always in, they have rosemary and basil plants in between them. I really hope that does something to prevent something out there haha..

So you would think cuts I took from #1 Bushy Mom Would be bushy, and cuts from #2 Tall& Sturdy Mom would be Tall&Sturdy lol.. I wanted to grow the clones out kinda the opposite of what the moms where.. I have 1 clone from #1 Bushy Mom and 2 different cuts/clones from the #2 Tall&Sturdy Mom..

SSSDH Clone #1

SSSDH Clone #2/1

SSSDH Clone #2/2

Group Shot

EDIT- LOL alright, well I guess i'll stop worrying about them once I actually am Dialed in! Ok ill strip everything starting from the bottom 1/3. Fan Leaves and small bud sites.

Rocky you sure haha? I'll take your word for it bro. But if something goes down , or starts going up. You better be here to help ah homie out!

OH AND MAKE SURE to stop in my other 2 grow threads later everyone. I'll be putting up some pics after I water them, wait for them to perk back up, and do A light trim/defoliation sesh.. I was pretty tired of everyone saying I overwatered lol. Even though I water basically every other day, apparently it was still to much. So I waited till the afternoon after the day I was supposed to water, and it was to late haha. ALL of the plants inside are drooping MEAN KINE.

Last edited:

Dakine

Veteran
Why am I growing Such SMALL Plants?!?!

Why am I growing Such SMALL Plants?!?!

Lol, I noticed in one of the pictures I took how small these plants really are. I usually have all of them raised up on something so there not so far away like in the pic im gonna show you guys..

The Big SSSDH #1 Bushy Girl doesnt seem to be greening back up/stabilizing... I Upped her feed but shes still yellowing up. I checked the trichomes to see if I'd be able to time her fading with harvest.. Im not to sure about that haha! The Trichomes have only started to show A couple milky heads..

Heres A close up of A branch on each clone..

#1 Bushy Girl Clone- She has Major Nitrogen Toxicity..

#2 Tall&Sturdy Clone

#1 Bushy Girl-SSSDH s1, Supposedly has 2 weeks left

I didnt check the tent and tie her up in time. Now she has gaps since the flowers where growing towards the wrong direction lol

Look at how small the clones really look when I dont have them raised up closer to the light!! WDF am I doing.. Im just waisting space and electricity and money...