What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
She’s total fire ... When people get tired of everything else there is always her to come back to once again

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
The fans love it.
Surprising there aren't any good crosses with it.
I'll bet there are but secrecy and the name game come into play.

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I Crossed her with the 2016 C 99 it actually came out really really good...I have pics...Still have the seed

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The fans love it.
Surprising there aren't any good crosses with it.
I'll bet there are but secrecy and the name game come into play.

What you talking bout willis :D..
Firestorm..

I just made some Flashbang x Firestorm

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I didn't know, but I've seen your pics.
Just found a few today, crossing it with PUTS Wedding Cake x 4 DD. I'll grow them next year.

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I Took her further crossed Hammers Firestorm #7 to a Dinafem Amnesia x C99(2016 Brothers Grimm) Male and got the FSx >>> Still have the seeds

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
heres a couple plants i put outside a few weeks back, my poly thai, lime gorilla bubble#1, GG4 X Blue dream#9
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Afternoon gents, I have a pinched nerve under my left shoulder blade. It feels like there is a filet blade wedged in there. The humidity has been silly here like 80%+ the last few days. The dehus can only bring it down to 60-65%. Nothing is drying properly, and with the tent so crammed I loose sleep over pm or mold. Now it's pouring. That's it, I'm building a Biodome around my house, nature is too unreliable here. Zeez, assemble the team!

How was the early ride, Unc? I hope you didn't hurl. Now the fun part, replenishing all of those burned calories. Looks like the renovation might be in the budget after all at Krispy Kreme!

Doc, what was that $100/gal magic juice again for pm and stuff? Can you get it online, and does it have a decent shelf life? Can you only get it in gallon size? I know you said it works great, and weeks like it would be a good thing to have around here.
I'll answer for doc lol.
Lost coast plant therapy, and yes you can get it online. Only takes 1 oz per gallon of water so the small bottle will go a long ways.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That looks the same as the Growsafe Bio Pesticide I use. Has pretty much the same ingredients. It cost 2x more than Growsafe. I couldn't find a Shelf life for plant therapy. Growsafe is 6 months

Last edited:

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Lost Coast must be more concentrated as they recommended 1 oz / gallon and Growsafe recommends 2 oz / gal for preventive to 5 oz / gallon for aphids.

One has to look at marketing tactics.....just like how grocery items are packaged differently.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Growsafe is to expensive to use for Aphids. I would try liquid dish soap diluted in a pint of water or Insecticidal Soap. Root Aphids are much harder to kill. Grow safe wont help with those.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Growsafe is to expensive to use for Aphids. I would try liquid dish soap diluted in a pint of water or Insecticidal Soap. Root Aphids are much harder to kill. Grow safe wont help with those.

You mind sharing some of your experiences dealing with root aphids?

There was a root aphid infestation at the tier 3 indoor farm I started working at about a month ago. I tried explaining to the head grower that medium living pests need overwatered/rotting conditions to live and reproduce in and thats why they keep coming back. We are using predatory mite satchets and applying Stratiolaelaps soil dwelling predatory mites to the plant bases as main IPM, then alternating spraying every few days Botanaguard Maxx or an oil based treatment.

Im also wondering about pests getting to the coco before plants are being planted because they store the Coco fibre we use on the loading dock like 20 feet from the waste coco bin...lol.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You mind sharing some of your experiences dealing with root aphids?

There was a root aphid infestation at the tier 3 indoor farm I started working at about a month ago. I tried explaining to the head grower that medium living pests need overwatered/rotting conditions to live and reproduce in and thats why they keep coming back. We are using predatory mite satchets and applying Stratiolaelaps soil dwelling predatory mites to the plant bases as main IPM, then alternating spraying every few days Botanaguard Maxx or an oil based treatment.

I wish I could but thankfully I've not had root aphids in like forever :D. Maybe someone else could help you. Ive not even had a Gnat is 10 years. IMO your on the right path. I keep the top few inches dry in my medium Pests don't like dry soil.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...

harvest tonight,the 4x8 tent is getting chopped,so a bunch of work to get cuttings taken and the plants pruned,and of course cleaning the tent and getting it reset...

cooler this week..only low 90's...hopefully i don't have to water the yard as much...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...

harvest tonight,the 4x8 tent is getting chopped,so a bunch of work to get cuttings taken and the plants pruned,and of course cleaning the tent and getting it reset...

cooler this week..only low 90's...hopefully i don't have to water the yard as much...

Yeah cooler here as well. It is 91 here right now and just over 50% humidity.

Well got to get back out there and continue tearing this roof off.