What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CYCO NUTRIENTS

Snow Crash

Veteran
I just picked up the entire Cyco Platinum line... And the Nutrifield line... And the Botanicare Kind Line... And the Emerald Triangle line... And the West Coast Organics line... And... Well, you get the picture... I have freaking too many free bottles of nutes sitting on the shelf and don't know what to use next.

Any suggestions?

glow

was thinking about going cyco but this whole thread has weirded me out.

I get this picture in my head of Chopper Read mixing nutes bottles.

lol - I don't think the clown shoes actually knows how to mix nutrients.

nuggluvv

Cyco is a top end nutrient

Cyco is a top end nutrient

Hey there friends,

This is an interesting thread. I find it odd that so few here have used Cyco. In my area it has a great name and is making a real run at being one of the most popular nutrients in the area (a rec area with lots of pro growers around).

I have been using Cyco for a couple of years now and love it. I have been growing for 18 years and have used most products on the market; GH, Botanicare, Advanced, H&G, Canna, etc. I work at a place that allows me access to a wide variety of nutrients at a good price and this is my nute of choice. It is very clean, super pH stable, and for two years has been one of the most consistent products I have seen. There are several bottles but all serve a purpose, and not as many bottles as a lot of companies out there. They only use pharmaceutical grade inputs and will not cheap out like some others have (ie Advanced).

Above all else though, the company and the owner and what set the line apart for me. Shaun (owner) is a great guy who I have had the pleasure of hanging out with after a Max Yield Show. He sure seems to be the real deal. Very down to earth and definitely committed to the cause. Everyone I've talked to at different shops around the area have similar things to say about him; a real stand-up guy and very approachable.

If anyone has specific questions, let me know. My advice is give it a try. There is a lot of snake oil out there and these guys keep it relatively simple. In Australia they offer a PGR version of the line (Flower A/B as opposed to Bloom A/B) but as I understand it there is no intention of including PGR's in the products bound for USA.

I certainly would put this product up vs the crooks at Advanced or Emerald Triangle, and GH is now owned by Scott's Fertilizer so we cannot trust them. Botanicare does not even mix their own nutes (although I do like them); they are basically just a marketing company.

To each his own, but in my 18 years of experience this is a solid company with a good product. Just wanted to throw it out there. A lot of misinformation on the forums these days as many shady companies employ folks just to troll these sites and spread bad words about their competition. I'm just trying to keep the truth in the conversation.

NuggLuvv,

From the Land of the Free :tiphat:

glow

Hey there friends,

This is an interesting thread. I find it odd that so few here have used Cyco. In my area it has a great name and is making a real run at being one of the most popular nutrients in the area (a rec area with lots of pro growers around).

I have been using Cyco for a couple of years now and love it. I have been growing for 18 years and have used most products on the market; GH, Botanicare, Advanced, H&G, Canna, etc. I work at a place that allows me access to a wide variety of nutrients at a good price and this is my nute of choice. It is very clean, super pH stable, and for two years has been one of the most consistent products I have seen. There are several bottles but all serve a purpose, and not as many bottles as a lot of companies out there. They only use pharmaceutical grade inputs and will not cheap out like some others have (ie Advanced).

Above all else though, the company and the owner and what set the line apart for me. Shaun (owner) is a great guy who I have had the pleasure of hanging out with after a Max Yield Show. He sure seems to be the real deal. Very down to earth and definitely committed to the cause. Everyone I've talked to at different shops around the area have similar things to say about him; a real stand-up guy and very approachable.

If anyone has specific questions, let me know. My advice is give it a try. There is a lot of snake oil out there and these guys keep it relatively simple. In Australia they offer a PGR version of the line (Flower A/B as opposed to Bloom A/B) but as I understand it there is no intention of including PGR's in the products bound for USA.

I certainly would put this product up vs the crooks at Advanced or Emerald Triangle, and GH is now owned by Scott's Fertilizer so we cannot trust them. Botanicare does not even mix their own nutes (although I do like them); they are basically just a marketing company.

To each his own, but in my 18 years of experience this is a solid company with a good product. Just wanted to throw it out there. A lot of misinformation on the forums these days as many shady companies employ folks just to troll these sites and spread bad words about their competition. I'm just trying to keep the truth in the conversation.

NuggLuvv,

Ouch man that hurt - trolling threads - hired by shady companies (haha man or should I say Shaun that's a nice spin) . Would you like me to post an email from the guy who was making the Cyco nutrients (BTW ANs formulas from 2007) and who got stood over by bikies for the formulas. His name is Darrin Collins - great guy and a person who was well respected in the Australian hydroponics industry. Also would you like me to post the emails from your wonderful pal Shaun where he wanks on to me about how he stood over Darrin Collins and boasts about making him cry. I have the Cyco formulas BTW (cost me 10K because that nice guy Shaun bankrupted a very nice guy called Darrin Collins who owed me 10K - long story short I ended up with the formulas and will be making them publicly available soon) and yeah what can I say??? Hey BTW next time you see that C shaun tell him he owes the shady company troll Glow some cash for the reformulation he did on his shit formulas. Actually fark it Shaun, what I'll do is write a story on this one with email transcripts from yourself) and post it on manicbotanix - it def is a worthy story to tell.

glow

please do that. i love hydroponic drama stories, if it involves bikers even better.

on a side note, do you still sell through manic botanix? i mailed a while back haven't heard a reply yet.

Yep got really busy on a project and shelved things - been very slack at logging on to the sites email system. Stay tuned on that one though. I'll update things - totally changed things and instead we are just going to provide growers with formulas and knowledge about formulation and supply ferts and biochems etc. I'm looking for some suppliers who can drop ship things for us in the US so it may take a while to get the US online. Been busy so my apologies. We'll be hitting the UK and Oz fairly soon but either way US growers will be able to get formulas and start mixing some things up at home. And yeah everyone likes a bit of drama especially when it involves bikies:) . Either way seeing as I'm being called an evil company troll (fark me I think every company in the hydro industry hates my guts:) time to put this one out there and let the people decide. Least I can also do for an old friend - one of the few people I have met in the hydro sector that I have any respect for (Darrin Collins) - even if I did drop 10K to him.

stoney419

The shit

The shit

Hey there friends,

NuggLuvv,

I'm running there full line and am happier than I've ever been :laughing::laughing::laughing:

stoney419

Well I finished a run useing just Cyco and I've ran tons of other nutes and haven't found anything better I just pulled 16 lbs of 6 lights 3 4x8 tables 8 plants on each table 30 day veg 63 days flower turned out fabulous

guruverde

I started with a cyco box and noticed very quickly there were cheaper alternatives for things like zyme, uptake, their sugars, and silica. That being said, our plants came out happy and as we've dialed in have seen rather impressive results. That being said there are a lot of factors as we're also growing under LEDs and our first run had a hiccup or two. I don't blame the nutes for that. In my absurdly limited experience it seems like a quality line that is definitely pH stable but that should probably be tweaked and substituted with better return/cost or overall delivery. It is my go-to line when starting off a patient with their homegrow though because it is so stable and relatively easy to use.

There may be something to that notion of needing a lot of food with this line however. Our first run we rolled up to 80% strength without any of the girls really looking like they had been over done.

Our second round, we basically started at 100% and haven't seen much of an issue except on a couple of the runt-ier girls.

I'm actually looking forward to experimenting soon (dedicating a 4x4 to side-by-sides and tests) to see how far I can push it with some of our preferred cultivars.

zombywoof

Well I finished a run useing just Cyco and I've ran tons of other nutes and haven't found anything better I just pulled 16 lbs of 6 lights 3 4x8 tables 8 plants on each table 30 day veg 63 days flower turned out fabulous

Hey Stoney, Great work, I have a question on the Cyco nutes. Can you give me some info on feed schedule in flower ? Currently 2nd week flower. I heard conflicting reports on mixing A + B.

BillFarthing

Veteran
Cyco is a good nutrient line. Their salesman and customer service is awesome. The end product weighs and looks excellent.

That said, you have to use a shit load per gallon. Just like Advanced, every bottle does one thing, which means a bunch of separate bottle purchases and more time spent measuring/mixing.

If I can get 2 lb. of good product per light using Maxi Gro, MKP, chitosan and potassium sulfate, how much more of my profit margin and time do I want to invest in a line like Cyco? :chin:

insomniac_AU

Just some personal experience here. Used Cyco for a couple of years and it was expensive and I had constant problems. Switched to Nefarious (Australian company) and never looked back. That multi bottle nonsense is marketing BS IMO.

So this is the product the Asian/bikie gang(s) use to grow the trichrome-free “Pgr” that dominates the Australian market? Cyco Flower a&b?