What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Question about two older strains ..

Bud Jones

I’m a big fan of Soma’s Lavender and DJ Short’s Flo .. I was wondering if the current stock is worth getting or not .. It seems like all the older great strains get watered down .. Rendundant topic I know .. Curious before I pull the trigger on some beans .. Thx in advance .

kro-magnon

Veteran
Forget Soma seeds but you can try an hybrid made with Lavender from Bodhi seeds called Wookie, you have much better chance to find some nice plants with this hybrid than actual Soma seeds, they are crap now.
About DJ Short I have no idea what his seeds worth today but you have many different options to find some F13 pure or hybrids.

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
perhaps look for the 'Colorado' flo cutting or some seeds made with it. There also some people that have seeds made with pre2000 blueberry too.

ambertrichome

Veteran
The Nature Farm Genetics has the old Blueberry Sativa crossed with his Sk18. $60 a pack.
Blue MOJO.

Blueberry Sativa x Skunk#18

Clone Only she is late 90s era. Of all the Blue I have ran this cut carries the True Blueberry Funk translates to taste quite lovely, its tart musky and sour with just the slightest floral. Liberating electric sativa stone. Low end Yield but the effect is amazingly Clear headed pure energy with a touch of trip effect we find quite intoxicating. Quality and bag appeal is high. carries the extreme fat middle blade reaches out almost double the size of the Fan leaf, that is a very prominent visual trait. Flower onset is Average with a 10wk flower max.
Hit to the two rank Skunk#18 studs I expect all flower times to be reigned in except in the fastest pairings, all long flowering sativas will be brought down by a week or two off finish, Tighter Flower formations, Enhanced yield, Quality undiminished and of course That rank ‘Skunkbud’ funk. The Skunk will take the front seat in most all pairings and especially in this pollination as i really selected hard for only true Skunkbud individuals. I say in most all pairings that they take over 2/3 pretty easy, but they do let the mom come through pretty damn clean when she shines, even beautiful recessed looks and sometimes all new unexpected flavors are the result

this is a link to dj shorts forum here on icmag

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=92

there are alot of people growing out his original mothers of flo and original bb

i have also seen pictures of people on instagram holding clones they got from him at trade shows

maybe you could try finding one of his original mothers if you don't want to go through his seeds.

As for soma, i had the same questions as you. Is he using the original parental plants to make his lavender seeds in 2018?

I also asked if they reccomended Femenized vs Regular seeds to find the best quality.

I am still waiting on a response but i will post here as soon as they do. I hope this helps friend.

Latest posts

Latest posts