What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

VIPARSPECTRA or MarsHydro

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
NYC Diesel flowered 10 weeks under a Mars II 1200 LED (actual 460W)

picture.php

P :smoke:

SirNuggetReborn

viparspectra 300w review.

I am currently about to start week 4 and the results are very impressive to say the least. This light rocks! :dance013:

So I have been growing for awhile, I have used every wattage of HPS from 150 to 1000w - but this is my first LED grow. A few things I have learned from this grow with the 300w. I kept thinking to myself that this thing is almost as powerful as the 600w hps I used to use.

It's because of the PAR value that this light puts out is close to what a 600w puts out. No joke, its that good.

in fact, I just had to repot from a 1.5 to 3 gallon pot, it was root bound and starved. She was drinking all of the water from the 1.5 gallons of dirt in a day. The strain is blue dream x OG = candy kush.

This pic is at the end of week 2 of flower, vegged for 14 days - I used foxfarm ocean forest, and didnt mix it with anything. I watered with low doses of maxi bloom from the start, aprox 1/4 tsp per gallon. I've mostly tap water, which I believe is around 150ppm.

To really max out this light, I would put (4) plants in 2-3 gallon pots and veg for 2 weeks - or veg 1 plant for 1 month in a 5 gallon pot and top it at week 2.

Right now the candy kush is sticky, nicely budding, and looks like could yield an oz or two. This light could easily get a gpw, which is 135 grams, this light only draws actual 135 watts.

It's in a 2x2x4 topolite tent from amazon (~$40.00 shipped).

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
I gave my '3' 300w vipar's to a friend who is using them in his 24hr veg 2ftx6ft closet- at the moment only using 2 of them as he only has about 10/12 clones going- we'll see how they work out

SirNuggetReborn

Result is in, the viparspectra 300w has performance comparable to higher wattage HPS lights.

For my initial test run, I vegged an og kush hybrid for 2 weeks and flowered for 7 weeks. Healthy sized nuggets up the entire plant, similar to what a 600w hps can do.

I was surprised at how chunky and mature the nugs at the bottom of the plant were.

Growing big buds/plants is not an issue with this light. The par is ideal for veg and flower. No brainer, leds rock, hands down.

SirNuggetReborn

Forgot to mention, that one plant yielded about 1.75 ozs... This time there are 2 plants under the viparspectra 300, shooting for 4 ozs in the 2x2 tent. I think that light may be able to deliver a 1/2p

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Forgot to mention, that one plant yielded about 1.75 ozs... This time there are 2 plants under the viparspectra 300, shooting for 4 ozs in the 2x2 tent. I think that light may be able to deliver a 1/2p

WOW.. that's pretty impressive... I loaned our my '3' 300watters, and will get em back soon... I'm going to do another run with him when the weather cools..

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
Unusual exceptional grows with extraordinary good results should be documented with pictures :woohoo:
Thanks in advance :)

P :smoke:

smartgrower1995

VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series 600W LED

Or

MarsHydro Mars 600 LED

Anyone with experience with either. Loudness of fans is going to be an issue as I am on a stealth grow.

Also general performance. Open to other suggestions though.

Thanks in advance Dd

If you guys want to choose VIPARSPECTRA 600W, come and check my VIPARSPECTRA 300W, it's really a good choice?!!!:whee:
picture.php

sorry for your troubles on the light. What is specifically wrong with your fixture? it looks like you have some wire connectivity issues and some bad wire insulation. How did that occur? Are you in contact with the mfg and seller for repairs? If not are you going to repair yourself? It looks fairly easy to fix if it is n ot blown drivers or diodes needing replacing.
good luck

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i have 'zero' experience with led's, but these lights are f...ing useless- 3x300 in a 4ftx3.5ft tent and i thought the growth sucked...

Ruby_Abu

I am looking for a LED grow light that can replace my 400W HPS.
I have researched for a while. Price point leads me to MarsHydro light.
Anyone tried their Pro II series? They told me it is their best light so far.
I like the design and price. Just don't know if it can work well.
And i also noticed they released a white color leds that looks like QB light. Maybe it is better?
Any suggestion? guys. Thanks in advance.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
i have 'zero' experience with led's, but these lights are f...ing useless- 3x300 in a 4ftx3.5ft tent and i thought the growth sucked...

There's such a thing as too much light, bro. 900 watts in a tent that size will fuck your plants sideways.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I'm looking into a Viparspectra 900 for my DR60 tent (2' x 2'). Anyone using one of those in that size space? Seems to me that the 600 would be borderline too small, and the 900 might be borderline too big.

Also, is there any real reason to have the switch that turns on only the white LEDs? Just curious.

jayd

i have a 600 viper, first time using led. in a 75cm x 75cm tent vegging it done really well with just the blue lights on. have moved to a 1m x 1m tent and added a 250 hps with the vipar, going see how the mixed spectrum between the 2 works out. a friend uses a telos and they seem fantastic but more than double the price

hyposomniac

I'm looking into a Viparspectra 900 for my DR60 tent (2' x 2'). Anyone using one of those in that size space? Seems to me that the 600 would be borderline too small, and the 900 might be borderline too big.

Also, is there any real reason to have the switch that turns on only the white LEDs? Just curious.

Based on vipars PAR graph for the 900 (405watts), a 315w cmh would perform better in that space and at less wattage and cost.

Latest posts

Latest posts