What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MKOB Kush aka kush mkob

Aota1

Okay so I'm about 3 weeks into flower with the 3 mkob#7's. They're budding up nicely and starting to produce some frost. Two look almost identical with one being a little different. The two look like they'll be bigger producers but the third is beating them on frost. This is so much fun for me! I always, except once back east with 10 purple kush x og kush, have run clones inside and with knowledge of what i was getting. Males and the thought of pollen stayed far away from my ops. Back east was out of necessity and I got 3 different moms that were cloned and flowered once, then i was gone. I look forward to working with the clones of these.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Okay so I'm about 3 weeks into flower with the 3 mkob#7's. They're budding up nicely and starting to produce some frost. Two look almost identical with one being a little different. The two look like they'll be bigger producers but the third is beating them on frost. This is so much fun for me! I always, except once back east with 10 purple kush x og kush, have run clones inside and with knowledge of what i was getting. Males and the thought of pollen stayed far away from my ops. Back east was out of necessity and I got 3 different moms that were cloned and flowered once, then i was gone. I look forward to working with the clones of these.

I'm glad your digging them. With any luck they will be just like their momma...a pleasure to puff. Can't wait to see some mature bud shots! Do any of the mkob #7's have reddish colored stocks? I have around 6 mkob #7 f2's going myself and they mostly look similar except for one super squatty indica pheno. They mostly have the red stalk trait too. If they all are early September finishers outdoors then my seed stock will be ready for next season. I'm growing mostly from clones of last years keepers but I'd prefer to grow all from seed.

You thinking about finding a male to hit the mkob sevens with?

Aota1

They do have red stalks! Two definitely look more kushy than the third and are putting on weight. It's a mini jungle. No males at the moment but i have a lot of different seeds to play with. Still have a clone of all 3 plus the one jagar x mkob that hermed too. I have one of my trashplant x (royal kush x og) vegging too. My side fence came down in a windstorm and was replaced with a higher fence so i may throw a couple outside again for fun

Aota1

Premature mkob7 nug around day 53. We are getting close

Attachments

• 20170511_184701-1.jpg
    20170511_184701-1.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 20170511_184805.jpg
    20170511_184805.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Premature mkob7 nug around day 53. We are getting close

That's looking like some dank mkob! I've seen it turn out very different based on the inputs and environment its in. When its grown proper it gets super stank with a berry narcotic smell. I've seen it grown with a more of a sweeter smell a few times. It usually frosts up real nice and gets some purple hues. That's a fine example :D

I can't wait to see how those jager mkobs turn out for you outdoors. How's the outdoor grow coming for you? Put any in the ground yet? I'm close to plugging in a few days. Hardening off now.

d3fx

These are quite the awesome looking phenos. Would you know where to get some beans of these? Thanks.

Aota1

Everything is down and drying! I will get some pics up soon. The solo pheno was done first and crushed the other pheno that i had two plants of in frost and a few other areas. It looks and smells incredible with purple hues. The other pheno leans more obama i think and has even more grape aroma than the solo. I have moms of them all but want to focus on the stand out. Will update again soon. Thanks again Bradley!

Attachments

• IMG_20170527_142105_767.jpg
    IMG_20170527_142105_767.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 20170527_114549.jpg
    20170527_114549.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Everything is down and drying! I will get some pics up soon. The solo pheno was done first and crushed the other pheno that i had two plants of in frost and a few other areas. It looks and smells incredible with purple hues. The other pheno leans more obama i think and has even more grape aroma than the solo. I have moms of them all but want to focus on the stand out. Will update again soon. Thanks again Bradley!

It looks like you found a keeper! That looks like some tasty mkob :D

Early dank phenos are my favorite ones. They have all been pretty nice but some of the more sativa phenos with dense nuggets were really dank.

It looks real frosty. Great work! You think it reached its Full potential or close to it? Is it dank enough to be on the shelf in your dispensery?

Aota1

The buds are rock hard - reminds me of some other top shelf we've had in stock and that's not to brag. You're cross and this pheno are insane. I can do a much better job. It's ok, above average definitely, but I can dial it better.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
The buds are rock hard - reminds me of some other top shelf we've had in stock and that's not to brag. You're cross and this pheno are insane. I can do a much better job. It's ok, above average definitely, but I can dial it better.

Well that's good to hear. The mkob makes for a good male candidate too. Imagine the same lookin buds but with tangie, dawgwalker, gorilla glue and other dank terp profiles. I haven't grown the tangie cross yet but ga damn that tangie is the stinkiest strain I got. It overpowers everything and stains everything its in. You encounter any of that tangie in your shop?

I'm currently working on a super cross of mkob x gg4 x mkob x pineapple express crossed to my pheno of jager mkob.

PDX Dopesmoker

About 3 weeks ago my 4 Mkob survivors got moved up to more spacious circumstances from the pint sized containers they started in at the beginning of May and they've been growing explosively in the past two weeks, as vigorous as anything else I've ever seen if not more so. Nothing special in the dirt or water. When I started initially I soaked 6 seeds & they all sprouted, 1 succumbed to an insect attack and another lost its head in high wind as a sprout, the remaining 4 are all healthy asf with only slight variations in morphology with respect to leaf shape, node spacing, branch growth, etc.
Still don't know what I'll do about making seeds if/when that time comes. I have all sorts of potential partners for a pollen chuck fuck, but replenishing my supply of Mkob seeds is looking like an attractive option right now.
BD, What Mkob crosses have you made other than the Jager?

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
About 3 weeks ago my 4 Mkob survivors got moved up to more spacious circumstances from the pint sized containers they started in at the beginning of May and they've been growing explosively in the past two weeks, as vigorous as anything else I've ever seen if not more so. Nothing special in the dirt or water. When I started initially I soaked 6 seeds & they all sprouted, 1 succumbed to an insect attack and another lost its head in high wind as a sprout, the remaining 4 are all healthy asf with only slight variations in morphology with respect to leaf shape, node spacing, branch growth, etc.
Still don't know what I'll do about making seeds if/when that time comes. I have all sorts of potential partners for a pollen chuck fuck, but replenishing my supply of Mkob seeds is looking like an attractive option right now.
BD, What Mkob crosses have you made other than the Jager?

That's some great feedback! I've been having some good luck with my crosses so far. I've crossed mkob to gg4, bruce banner #3, dawgwalker og, tangie, pineapple express, Scooby snacks, g13, early skunk, guerilla gold, blubonic guerilla, guerilla kush, white rhino and of course jager. I'm testing some of the gg4 and pineapple this year. Last year I tested the g13, skunk and guerilla kush crosses. Guerilla kush is sfv og x guerilla gold.

About half the proginy were early flowering phenos from parents that weren't early. I was glad to see the early flowering traits. All the phenos had unique combinations of squatty Obama kush phenos and lanky sativa mickey kush phenos. There were some real nice proginy. If you can make some crosses I'd recommend it. If you can get the right pheno with the fast/early flowering trait, mickey kush structure and vigor, and the Obama kush frost levels and terps..... Those are the golden ticket phenos my friend :D

What are you thinking about crossing it with? Attached are some photos of my jager mkob g13 cut.

Attachments

• Jager mkob leaf 062917.jpg
    Jager mkob leaf 062917.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Jager mkob leaf 1.0 062917.jpg
    Jager mkob leaf 1.0 062917.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 17

PDX Dopesmoker

The following options are likely to be available:
Blue Dream
Mkob #7
Purple Trainwreck x (Headband x JtR)
(Trainwreck x Blueberry Skunk) x (Headband x JtR)
GG4 x (Purple Trainwreck x Jesus OG)
(Cuvee x ???) x (CBD mystery genes x ???)
Skunk Holcaust

I was thinking about using the GG4 cross, but it seems like you already covered that base. If Skunk Holocaust ends up being male I'll use that because it was the only seed of it's type and it out reeks the other 18 plants combined even though it is the smallest of the group. The Blue Dream S1s could be a good pick if Blue Dream really is a heavy producer like everyone says, I didn't see BB or Haze on your list of crosses. I guess I still have a while to decide.

edit - after thinking about it a while I realized that the smelly plant it the smallest because it lacks the vigorous growth characteristics the Mkobs seem to have in spades so that match probably makes the most sense.

Last edited:

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
The following options are likely to be available:
Blue Dream
Mkob #7
Purple Trainwreck x (Headband x JtR)
(Trainwreck x Blueberry Skunk) x (Headband x JtR)
GG4 x (Purple Trainwreck x Jesus OG)
(Cuvee x ???) x (CBD mystery genes x ???)
Skunk Holcaust

I was thinking about using the GG4 cross, but it seems like you already covered that base. If Skunk Holocaust ends up being male I'll use that because it was the only seed of it's type and it out reeks the other 18 plants combined even though it is the smallest of the group. The Blue Dream S1s could be a good pick if Blue Dream really is a heavy producer like everyone says, I didn't see BB or Haze on your list of crosses. I guess I still have a while to decide.

edit - after thinking about it a while I realized that the smelly plant it the smallest because it lacks the vigorous growth characteristics the Mkobs seem to have in spades so that match probably makes the most sense.

Yeah, keep thinking about it. Sometimes the best option will unveil itself naturally. You thinking about using a mkob male and/or female to breed with?

I recently culled off the mkob male I had been using for the last couple years to make all my crosses and f2's with. I figured I came to the point I was ready to start making back crosses from keeper females and I can just pop the next generations seeds to find a male when I need it. Also, I want to start inbreeding my crosses to stabilize mkob traits but also adding to the gene pool with the dank new genes.

I'm just finishing up a breeding project now using a mkob x gg4 male I found. One of the crosses is back crossed to the original gg4 I started with so that will be interesting. Another cross is gg4-mkob x sunset sherbert :biggrin:

Gg4 is dank herb so make the gg4 crosses if you like. That's also a good idea putting the vigor and structure into that squaty smelly plant.

I don't think I've crossed mkob to any hazes. I did cross it to a blueberry, the blubonic guerilla, but no blue dream.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Here are a couple photos of the mkob #7 f2 phenos I'm growing outdoor this year.

Mkob #70 f2:
picture.php

Mkob #74 f2:
picture.php

They are nice and hardy sativa phenos. I'm hoping they are early flowering dank varieties. If one is better than its mom, mkob #7, I'll grow it again next year.

PDX Dopesmoker

I got my first identifiable pre flower on one of the four Mkob #7 seeds & moved this one up to a larger container
v9vAkfq.jpg

One of the other three Mkobs decided to grow a single trifoliate node. Should I top it there for good luck?
E5pBQLr.jpg

PDX Dopesmoker

Took these pictures this morning, this Mkob #7 female is now drying out in my garage. She did everything right for me this season, the other folks in the garden club are going to be jealous & I might be able to make them fight over my last two seeds. A lot of rotten/ripe fruit funkiness in the odor, smells kinda like truckload of sweet delicious ripe cantaloupe melons with maybe a hint of black licorice. Look at that perfect fade, she took her fans leaves off for me slowly over the last few weeks, it was a seductive display of cooperative behavior on her part which got more colorful and visually stimulating every day until she was almost bare and wearing little more than a few small, brightly colored leaves around her reproductive organs. Thats when I knew it was time to take her inside.
Growing pot really takes more patience that I have, I don't want to wait another 6 weeks to dry and cure this one before checking it out. Maybe I'll get enough trim to make a few grams of fresh frozen or squish some of the buds when they're dry.
mBiwdng.jpg

QJm1pcn.jpg