What's new

.9 vs 1.9cu

GOML13

So I understand that the 1.9 is double in size of the .9cu but about how many grams can you purge in a loaded .9? I can't decide if I should just spend the little extra to get the 1.9 now.

Appreciate any input.

APK47

I'd get the largest oven you can afford. Oven space is usually the bottleneck for most extractors. You'll always want larger and or more ovens.
I do believe cascade probably makes the best ovens, and they're domestic which is huge in my book. That said, they are at least double the price of other competitive oven manufacturers. They are just too small IMO. Even the 1.9 is too small for large scale extractors. You can realistically only use 3 shelves on a 1.9 for your initial purge, as the muffin will far surpass shelf height.
For example, I poured a 395g run last night onto 5 sheets. Completely filled a 3.2 & 1.9
How many 1.7's or even 1.9's would it take to hold that? Particularly considering the initial purge muffin size. I'd love to get a Cascade. I'm just not sure if it would be worth it when dealing with larger scale production.

snake11

I'd get the largest oven you can afford. Oven space is usually the bottleneck for most extractors. You'll always want larger and or more ovens.
I do believe cascade probably makes the best ovens, and they're domestic which is huge in my book. That said, they are at least double the price of other competitive oven manufacturers. They are just too small IMO. Even the 1.9 is too small for large scale extractors. You can realistically only use 3 shelves on a 1.9 for your initial purge, as the muffin will far surpass shelf height.
For example, I poured a 395g run last night onto 5 sheets. Completely filled a 3.2 & 1.9
How many 1.7's or even 1.9's would it take to hold that? Particularly considering the initial purge muffin size. I'd love to get a Cascade. I'm just not sure if it would be worth it when dealing with larger scale production.

I would go for multiple small ovens over one large. More practical production wise.

I've had the tvo-5 and wasn't impressed for the price. Maybe in the last year or so they've made improvements, but for the cost and all the dialing in that I had to do, I'd stick with a 5 sided AI. I've never tried an elite to say it is worth it, but it seemed a bit flimsy.

Best oven as of a year ago is the yamato. Not cheap but you know where your money went.

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
If it was a cascade tek tvo5 thats different than the new cascade botanical tvo5. Literally zero calibration only setting you have to set is the your maximum temp you want your oven to reach.

Dab Strudel

With all the knowledge you (should have) taken the time to gain to use your extractor properly, it shouldn't be that hard for you to read directions to calibrate your oven. The new Elite 2.3 didnt appear to take the cake over the New AI 1.9. The 'worth it' factor isnt there for the 2.3 because in the end, your product should come out the same with either oven. You should be busy enough to not be mad about waiting for the pattty to come to temp before you vac it down. IF you have the funds grab up 2 1.9's. Its less than a E2.3 and you will find yourself happy to be able to leave one oven to be your 'initial pull' 3 shelf oven and the other to be able to hold 5 shelves of pattys afterwards. BUUUUUUT if you spread your pattys real thin-like you can throw 8 shelves in them and use the shelf below the deleted shelf for your new pattys to muffin.

it was the cascade tek version. Well glad to know they finally pulled their heads out of their asses on that. They thought I was crazy when I complained about the massive overshoot because nobody else had complained, but then I started to learn the crazy steps people went to keep temps from overshooting