What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Air and water in recovery tank

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
Ok Well I think I may have gotten air and water in the 50# recovery tank and I was hoping someone could tell me if I followed the correct steps to remove them. For the water I placed my tank upside down waited an hour or so for the butane to settle then opened the vapor port until I saw only butane flowing out. And to remove the air I just opened my vapor valve with my tank in the upright position for roughly20 seconds with the belief the butanes pressure would push It out.

did I follow the correct steps to solve these problems???

I really appreciate any input

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok Well I think I may have gotten air and water in the 50# recovery tank and I was hoping someone could tell me if I followed the correct steps to remove them. For the water I placed my tank upside down waited an hour or so for the butane to settle then opened the vapor port until I saw only butane flowing out. And to remove the air I just opened my vapor valve with my tank in the upright position for roughly20 seconds with the belief the butanes pressure would push It out.

did I follow the correct steps to solve these problems???

I really appreciate any input

What GO said.

You did good. Chilling the tank first will make it even gooder.