What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lighting malfunction advice needed

pashi2004

Hello ' my first post for a very long time on here but the first place I come for advice ' so heres the deal ,
growing - vanilla kush
system - 8 pot Wilma
lighting - 600 watt dual
feed - ionic grow/bloom/boost and a dash of rhizotonic
PH - been steady at 5.7-5.8 from day one
EC - currently at 1828
Here's my question , I switched from 18/6 to 12/12 hours light last Sunday ( 7 days ago ) but discovered on Friday that the timer I was using was faulty and I suspect that the light was on 24/0 from at least thursday possibly since last Sunday. I have since changed timers and now have the lights on 12/12, what affect ( if any ) will this have on the plants going from 18 to 24 and then on to 12/12 , Many thanks for any replies and thoughts .

Last edited:

Jhhnn

Veteran
Dunno for sure, but there shouldn't be any noticeable negative effect. If they received 24/0 since last Sunday, you're just flowering bigger plants. Depending on clearance, that can be a problem all by itself.

pashi2004

Thank you all ' i suspected there wouldnt be an issue but also realised im gonna have some big mutha plants on my hands , cant wait now lol

B buddy

You shouldn't have any problems if the light was not on during your dark period. However if the light was on during the periods that it should've been off, sometimes that creates a reaction in the plant and makes it want to hermaphrodite. If you are worried, watch for small "banana leaves" resembling a banana. You do not want these leaves to open for they contain pollen. Depending where you are you might be able to get Reverse made by DutchMaster or Florel Growth Regulator both of which are sprays to stop the seeding if it begins to start.

pashi2004

Just an update on this , 4 of the ladies hermie'd so rather than just pulling them 4 I pulled the lot and started again , a bit frustrating but i've sorted my lighting issues and im 3 weeks into flower with my new grow , blue cheese, Alls looking good now. Incidently what would the outcome have been if id have flowered them all anyway ?

Jhhnn

Veteran
Just an update on this , 4 of the ladies hermie'd so rather than just pulling them 4 I pulled the lot and started again , a bit frustrating but i've sorted my lighting issues and im 3 weeks into flower with my new grow , blue cheese, Alls looking good now. Incidently what would the outcome have been if id have flowered them all anyway ?

I'm a bit surprised at the outcome. OTOH, I have no similar personal experience, either.

Had you finished the grow, you'd have seeded bud. The extent of that would depend on how badly they hermied & how well you could deal with it.

Fem seeds, of course.