What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

waxtractor anyone??

angrybear

A buddy of mine on the east coast got his hands on a prototype of something called the waxtractor, has anyone else seen or heard of it??? He says its fully sealed and it takes very little butane.... anyone??

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
just another stupid over priced glass open blasting tube, check out skunk pharm get educated on closed loop extracting. For a fraction of the price a stainless steel or borosilicate tube will be a much better choice for open blasting. open blast outdoors or not at all..

angrybear

According to the facebook page it is fully sealed and made from borosilicate. Maybe you should get educated before you blast things? I was just asking a question, not looking for your personal attitude problems.

Momerath

East coast is behind the times. Ever since I went all stainless, I haven't looked back. Boro is good, until you drop it ;)

toastfighter2

This is exactly what I have been looking for. For the most part it is just blasting butane(none of it gets recovered for reuse on the currently available systems), but the added soak time is awesome. I currently use the thermos method, but I feel that the butane is just too cold to do a really good job stripping everything-even with a long soak(45 minutes plus however long it takes to empty 5 cans). Room temp or even just chilled butane would work so much better, and require a much shorter soak time(no one really wants green bho).

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
According to the facebook page it is fully sealed and made from borosilicate. Maybe you should get educated before you blast things? I was just asking a question, not looking for your personal attitude problems.

well I'm answering your question, sorry I wasn't meaning to offend you, it just seems like every other day people are coming up with slight modifications to open blasting columns and then over charge for it. Such as what you posted.

If you prefer paying more for something with no additional benefit then by all means try it out, just looking out for others, brotha.

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
I currently use the thermos method, but I feel that the butane is just too cold to do a really good job stripping everything-even with a long soak(45 minutes plus however long it takes to empty 5 cans). Room temp or even just chilled butane would work so much better, and require a much shorter soak time(no one really wants green bho).

You strip lots of undesirable non polar plant waxes, lipids and fats with longs soaks without very chilled butane, colder the better! most well known extractors are either using dry ice during the extraction(subzero extractor) and or after to dewax to remove or avoid picking up these undesirable lung irratants. If your non polar extract is green ya fucked up.

angrybear

I just heard back from whom I'm presuming is the owner. He says there is a sealed butane inlet on the cap, and only suggests soaking for 2 minutes. He's going to release a gas recycling system, and hexane and co2 systems too. I'm really curious.

RHH

Dunno why everyone is hating on a wax tractor? I'm not at the level yet where I need a tractor to move my wax around but some people might have outgrown forklifts...