What's new

Canna Boost Replacement

KUSH&OJ

Hey guys, I plan on using the Canna line of nutrients but don't want to spend all that money on the Boost, anyone have experience in a good replacement for Canna Boost that is affordable?

Thanks

dizzlekush

it seems to be the consensus that what you're really purchasing when you buy Canna's boost is trace amounts of Triacontanol. when it comes to triacontanol the only other plant specific product that has it is Yellow Bottles Bloom Ooze, but that product is about $130 retail so its not much cheaper. Alfalfa has Triacontanol in it and people often make Alfalfa teas to try to supplement with triacontanol. any product with Alfalfa in it such as Advanced Nutrients Nirvana should have some amount of Triacontanol. hope this helps.

MikeChapman22

Although there are many substitutes, your choice will always vary depending upon your expectations from the yield. If you want to get high yields at the cost of high quality or vice versa, you can continue with Bloombastic or even continue with canna wood.

But if you want to get quality and quantity in absolute balance, Golden Tree is an all-in-one nutrient stabilizer. Where the price allows you to give it a try without thinking much, the results will simply make you repeat it!

RetroGrow

Veteran
Hey guys, I plan on using the Canna line of nutrients but don't want to spend all that money on the Boost, anyone have experience in a good replacement for Canna Boost that is affordable?

Thanks

Active ingredient for "Boost", is triacontanol. You can buy it very cheaply @ MBFerts, along with many other generic mixes of various hydro company snake oils.

Active ingredient for "Boost", is triacontanol. You can buy it very cheaply @ MBFerts, along with many other generic mixes of various hydro company snake oils.

Don't quote me on this but I believe the tircontanol from bees waste is the only water soluble one? I know that form of tircontanol is pretty expensive because of the way its extracted.

Whats the cost of CannaBoost? Canadian wholesale is $334 for a 5L bottle. I say most stores would be selling that for $400-424 + tax/

Zen Medz

I've been thinking about adding some triac to my nute line up also, it's in a few products that are stated above and sold by itself from MB ferts like Dan said. I've also heard that Snow Storm Ultra from Humboldt County Nutrients is mainly triac. Good luck.

Joaltman88

Screen-Shot-2014-06-10-at-12.55.11-PM.png

They guarantee it too...

carson

So many Golden Tree shills on here. Any of you guys recommending Golden Tree please post pictures of your results with it.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sorry but boost is only $380/g on Amazon w free shipping....
you gotta fix your action there homie its a little bit off.

and this is coming from a guy who doest mind spending 380 for a G of Boost...

if you want to save me money, great. don't be a fucking slime ball though

Joaltman88

Greyskull, if you do the math, if Canna Boost was made to be more concentrated that at 5ml per gallon it worked as well as it did at 16ml/gallon, it would cost: (Here is the math)

There are 3.65 Liters in a gallon.

(5 Liters)/(3.65 Liters) = 1.37 gallons in a 5 Liter Bottle.

$380/1.37 gallons = $277 for a gallon of Canna Boost at a dosage rate of 16ml/gallon

16ml/5ml= 3.2.

Multiply 3.2 by $277 and you have a gallon of Canna Boost costs $886 if you were to talk about getting it from Amazon.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sativabreather - i have been using Boost for 6/7/maybe 8 years... and I don't have to mix nothing to make it. maybe I'm lazy. maybe i appreciate the measure pour and mix simplicity. but goddamn i look way better in pair of Kaenons than a $5 gas station pair of shades that "do the same thing" hahaha.

$380/1.37 gallons = $277 for a gallon of Canna Boost at a dosage rate of 16ml/gallon

thanks for the breakdown
but your image clearly says "if Canna Boost use was 5ml per G"...
which is how i use it BTW.... so the image as it is is/was actually "speaking" to me
its all good so don't mind me
and as a bonus.... its all semantics too lol

edit: BTW can't see the pics... maybe your album is set to private or something?

i have been doing a lot of thinking about Golden Tree, and its application rates, and how it works, and it has me thinking about some stuff the homie toohighmf and I were discussing a few years ago.

picture.php

^^^^I do this all day long all year round with boost. i have no problems "paying the price" for it.

I don't care about "saving a little money" as much as I care about having the best flowers. More better flowers equals more better money; less better flowers equals less better money. simple
Results are first and foremost the sole factor involved with my rationale...

I have a couple Ls of Golden Tree hanging in the shopping cart ATM waiting for me to pull the trigger.

the safety is "off" so we are "live!"...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts