What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wow, that is alot of energy consumption!!

sarek

So the war on drugs is affecting our environment as well as all the other harm it causes? I believe that indoor growing is a giant waste of electricity for sure. Bu the solution is to end the war on drugs which is also the war on South America, Americans, Colored people, and now the environment. Congratulations US government and the people who vote for status quo.....

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
my buddy, who is also a UC professor, sent an angry email to the guy who did this study,

i will post the response soon, but it was something like "the article added/distorted a lot of facts"

yah.

M

MacGyver420

MAYBE IF THESE FUCKING RETARDS LET US GROW OUTDOORS WE WOULDNT USE SO MUCH ENERGY?

AND TO SAY SMOKING JOINTS CAUSES CO2 EMISSIONS

FUCK THAT

WHOLE ARTICLE IS BOGUS

budlover123

...If anyone had bothered to actually READ the study you'd notice that he is using a crazy high output sealed room/co2/etc setup as his "typical model"...

I didn't read that study, I hate reading. But that is bullshit, he must've done his calculations looking at that grow bible, they recommend everything, CO2? sealed room? I feel sorry for anyone that has to consider these options. I've seen people in tight spaces do well without messing with that shit, I don't see the point.

When I lived out there my neighbor grew in his closet much more efficiently than that, and I worked outside on a big hill once trimming outdoor buds, but this guy probably would say it was actually all under 8000 watts of lights in a sealed room with co2 and 6 Air conditioners running full blast

gnaut

When someone cites their references as "open literature and horticulture equipment suppliers", you know their facts are solid.

Sarcasm off.

Considering a personal grow box, which is the majority of indoor grows I would think nowadays uses maybe 1000w max, being 1kwh, and in my neck of the woods adds 50 dollars per month to my power bill, there is no way that the people run that inefficiently.

Our goverments loves to spend or waste money,legalization of weed would only save them money and that in their greety little eyes is a no! no! Also a lot of other countries depend on the U.S. to kept it illegal ,and thats is where the All people should be up in arms over. THATS OUR MONEY their spending or wasting aganist all of us.Groverments should be working for the people instead of repressing us.

Waynes

Wow, even more reason to have it legalized and let us use the free energy the sun gives off to grow it. I wonder...if every indoor cannabis grower were to take their plants outdoors, not only would it decrease the amount of CO2 produced through electricity consumption/delivery, but the plants would likely increase in size and thus utilize more of the CO2 available in the atmosphere? Just a thought.