What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Manteca Grow bust

dgr

2000+ plants. No arrests

http://www.kcra.com/news/26838738/detail.html

For so much investment, it sure seemed like there was some less than perfect execution. Wing reflectors? Why not just go open bulb? If the grower is reading this, your clones were pretty sad.

And of course, they were stealing power. Oddly, news said, "PG&E wouldn't have noticed a spike..." Not sure what that means but could be concerning.

STFU

I used to go to Manteca every weekend to play at the field of dreams baseball park. Hit one on the net there :) Place is pretty rotten from a living standard.

T

turtle farmer

locals call it "Mantweeka"---from what I've heard
scrawny looking plants on the news,,or was that the next day in Modesto?
busts suck--unless they're bra less!!!!
stoned on todays bubble batch,sorry

MagniKhan

Veteran
I love this part.....

"The power was bypassed so that the equipment could be used without paying for the electricity and so as not to attract attention, resulting in the loss of hundreds of thousands of dollars."

It's like when a bank or a store gets robbed, multiply the actual loss by ten.

I'm surprised that they didn't say " ....hundreds of thousands of dollars maybe millions, this operation could be the reason why we can't make any money!"

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
I think I went there once when I was a kid to ride the waterslide. I wonder if they still have a water park there? Don't hear much about Manteca these days aside from meth busts and now weed busts, lol.

Surprised these guys didn't have the smell factor reduced so they wouldn't get busted. Running a big op like that, you would think that smell control would be paramount.

mosstrooper

Maybe they had grow problems, bugs mould what have you. Stripped out some of the best gear and abandoned the rest, or let one of their corrupt police friends find it in exchange for being left alone for a while.

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
2000+ plants. No arrests

http://www.kcra.com/news/26838738/detail.html

For so much investment, it sure seemed like there was some less than perfect execution. Wing reflectors? Why not just go open bulb? If the grower is reading this, your clones were pretty sad.

And of course, they were stealing power. Oddly, news said, "PG&E wouldn't have noticed a spike..." Not sure what that means but could be concerning.

i thought everything looked healthy to me? maybe they put up different pics.

nothing wrong with winged reflectors..just gotta have a good a/c.

Yeah, I'm gonna second that. That's a big op, FULL of healthy plants... Probably a nice cut too from the looks of it. They were absolutely KILLING it in there....

Latest posts

Latest posts