What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Charas Thread

C

Chamba

hand rubbing can be done with dry bud too (so long as it's cheap and plentiful enough as it's not the most economical method..but it's fun and it works!) I did this with Thai bud once whe I had an abundance of ganja one time in Pattaya and didn't want to carry bulk around.... and the results were very strong!

so if you find yourself somewhere where there's heaps of cheap bud, you are sick of smoking it and want something with a bit more zing and you are without your mesh screens then rub your hands lightly together (with your fingers pointing away from you) over the pile of loosely ground up bud with a gram or so inbetween your palms, let the plant material fall back onto the pile of bud. Then every so often when you notice a build up of resin on your palms, lightly clap your hands together over the pile to loosen off the plant matter then spit on your palms, and rub them together with strong pressure over a newspaper or sheet of glass so the resin falls off..then lightly rub some more bud....light, fast rubbing works best!......it takes a long time, but the result is a dark soft hash ...I didn't press it but rubbed in back into 5 ~ 8 grams of the best buds I'd set aside so I super charged the bud........I remember wiping out several people with this super grass on two occasions, ( that'll teach em for laughing at my warnings "trust me, this stuff is very strong it's half hash"..ten minutes later they were laid out - KO-ed...lol

Happy Hashing!

Last edited:

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Charas/Churrus/Chars : "different names for same product. Hand rubbing is mostly know from Nepal and India but it is also used in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Central Asia countries and even up to Tuva Republic !

Rubbing charas from young plant is only made for commercial purpose, the stuff from this is not that great.

In Afghanistan/Pakistan Charas also is the name for cooked&pressed polm, which is called garda. The plant is name "Chars" in Northern Afghanistan.

Was in Kullu valley and Peshawar last spring, got nice charas for sure ! here's a bit of pics !

Irie !

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
Charas lover thread

Charas lover thread

I always hated pollen, becouse i live close to turkey and there is CROWDED with pollen...

but sometimes, very rarely, we can taste some real prime charas far better than the crap you can find in amsterdam (i've been there for 6 months).

Anyone like the creamy, earth-flavoured and spicy tasting charas?

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
yeah.

One hint: Be carefull. How to discern afghani hashish from charas:

- They are very different, afghani hash is way cheaper to make and less good

- At relatively high temps charas can get REALLY hard as rock, to melt again after a bit of playing. The higher temps it stays hard the better

- HIGH quality charas smells of earth and are spicy, afgan smell more sweet. Difficult to explain, easy to understand with two sample

- Old skool charas smoker says: "if there's hair inside, it's better"

- Charas is DARK black also inside (very very fresh charas is whiter, but it's almost impossibile to find out of india), afgan when you break it sometimes is lighter brown, or looks like a shiny black. Charas just a deep black.

C

Chamba

the charas you make yourself is black inside and out too (due to the resin heads being squashed together)

you can make charas from dried buds as well..even with brick weed if you had to

though it's not the best hash making method, but if you find yourself in a place with lots of cheap ganja and no equipment then try this method

....lightly break up the dry buds, remove the stems and quickly and lightly rub the material between your two palms together over and over again....after awhile there will be resin build-up sticking to your palms....every minute or so or rubbing the buds, off to one side, lightly smack your hands together with a light rub to help the plant material fall off then off to one side spit in your palms and rub them vigorously together over a sheet of glass to help the resin roll off your palms and the hash will roll off your skin then do it all again....

keep rubbing handfulls of the crumbled between your palms with a scoop up then rubbing in an upward motion, light enough so most of the scoop falls down after 3 or 4 rubs of your palms together in a prayer position

it won't take long before the material is crumbled fine, but keep rubbing until it takes too long to get sticky palms.

...you can use a blade to scrape up the black putty and hand press it into a ball .....keep rubbing the material as above (a few ounces) like this for an hour ..it's hard work..but before long you will have a nice amount of DIY charas.

Last edited:

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Nice tip Chamba, in fact, I would only use that method with brickweed or incase I had access into large amounts of high quality ganja :wink:

You can find various charas qualitys in Afghanistan, as in Nepal, Pakistan, Egypt etc..

Point be: India isnt the only place in earth with high quality charas and this is coming from personal experience...

Maybe some kind soul can show us some high quality charas, maybe?

rusto

Beast
Nice method but that way you are probably smoking your small skin flakes aswell which is kinda gross but probably unnoticeable

G

yeah i've always been put off by hand rub as it's bound to have skin it it, probably hand that have'nt been washed either.

charas2.jpg

charas4.jpg

C

Chamba

Nice method but that way you are probably smoking your small skin flakes aswell which is kinda gross but probably unnoticeable

there's probably more hairs and skin particles in the average fast food sandwich than charas

anyway, if you are making charas yourself, it's best to scrub your palms with a combination of soap and sand, this will make your palms very clean

Last edited:
A buddy of mine mad some of this with about a pound of trim.He used surgery gloves the ones that are not made of latex.Just thought the glove part would help.

G

I dont understand what Charas is(are).. I mean, i get the picture, but how is this different from hash/oil and such? and yeah, second that on the dead skin in fastfood. Definitely more junk in that from humans than you could ever imagine. I could handle smoking my own skin.. but not some 16yr old kids; who prolly just rubbed one out in the bathroom of burger king 10 mins before making your food. :fsu:

Dkgrower

Veteran
pandapuff08 said:
I dont understand what Charas is(are).. I mean, i get the picture, but how is this different from hash/oil and such? and yeah, second that on the dead skin in fastfood. Definitely more junk in that from humans than you could ever imagine. I could handle smoking my own skin.. but not some 16yr old kids; who prolly just rubbed one out in the bathroom of burger king 10 mins before making your food. :fsu:

It seems like alot doesnt understand how nice charas can be -

the difference is huge, between dry shifted hash like marok and charas

the tichomes are broken in charas, so it is much more soft/ductile than compared to dryshifted.

I think that most charas has much more smell and flavor compared to dryshifted, i guess tha reason is all those etheriske oils that get in the charas when rubbing the plant

the high is diffent - much more uplifting high compared to marok -

When talking high end charas it takes one very skilled woman or man 1 day to make maximum one tolla, around 10g - so this takes alot of time compared to dry shifting

also if one smoke jungel mal - jungel charas from wild plants growing freely in the himalyas - it can´t get any better- beats malana cream and all the manali charas that are dereived from big feilds where fertilizer and ect are used, tho compared to marokko it is still littel, but they use

The jungel mal, it mostly much more though and not so soft like malana cream and when at it best only black on the out side - yellowish inside. I always wonder why the jungel mal is stronger and better tasting but not that soft - some indian say that when the plants are very close like a field the charas tend to get more soft in teksture compared to plants that have space.

some wild plants form natual felids and i have learned to called them dutch
the indian sell the info on where to find these, to hash making turist - who come in big numbers in rubbing season, and go camping in the wild and make there own charas, :rasta:

Halek bom shankar, and 2 mathes get lit -

Nam- es- kar - see you next time

Last edited:

order 66

Dkgrower said:
It seems like alot doesnt understand how nice charas can be -

the difference is huge, between dry shifted hash like marok and charas

the tichomes are broken in charas, so it is much more soft/ductile than compared to dryshifted.

I think that most charas has much more smell and flavor compared to dryshifted, i guess tha reason is all those etheriske oils that get in the charas when rubbing the plant

the high is diffent - much more uplifting high compared to marok -

When talking high end charas it takes one very skilled woman or man 1 day to make maximum one tolla, around 10g - so this takes alot of time compared to dry shifting

also if one smoke jungel mal - jungel charas from wild plants growing freely in the himalyas - it can´t get any better- beats malana cream and all the manali charas that are dereived from big feilds where fertilizer and ect are used, tho compared to marokko it is still littel, but they use

The jungel mal, it mostly much more though and not so soft like malana cream and when at it best only black on the out side - yellowish inside. I always wonder why the jungel mal is stronger and better tasting but not that soft - some indian say that when the plants are very close like a field the charas tend to get more soft in teksture compared to plants that have space.

some wild plants form natual felids and i have learned to called them dutch
the indian sell the info on where to find these, to hash making turist - who come in big numbers in rubbing season, and go camping in the wild and make there own charas, :rasta:

Halek bom shankar, and 2 mathes get lit -

Nam- es- kar - see you next time

cool post, k+

spicecowboy

I would like to reanimate this thread!

I would like to reanimate this thread!

I can´t believe that I totally forgot about this thread.

However, it started out as a good one, until we all lost track of it, as it seems to happen quite often here..

I would like to talk a bit more about Charras, and the art of hashmaking in general, so, let´s stick to this allready started thread instead of starting another one.

spice

Dkgrower

Veteran
I love indian the pepol the nature and its charas

some pepol also call it mal - like the term jungel mal (marl)
fore charas derived from wild growing plants

Charas production is a family thing and every one is joing in it begins around september and continue untill frost arrives there is usual 3 weeks to one month max rubbing season

tho seen poor babas rub in late november

the rubbing starts early morning and begin where the sun have dryed any moist from the surface and is done by gently moving your to hands from the top and down the bud - some pepol remove big leafs to expose the buds more . in the rubbing process you clean you hand from pistils and other contamination .

Collecting the resin is differnt from person to person some just roll it and make small sticks called fingers or flat pices called chapaties - . they wrap it in plasticfoil the really good stuff you need thick plastic

If you rub plants that are to wet and wrap the collected resin in plasticfoil you resin will mold and you will see that there are white lines on the out side that fill out craks - mold.

Charas production is labor hard and one skilled person makes abouth one tolla (10grams) pr day off the best quality some pepol call it cream - like malana cream - malana a town in paravati vally that make charas from cultivated plants and live by there own laws

tradition is that you smoke in chillums- clay pibes and that you lit it with matches also a vocal presentation/announcement is usual applyed just before fireing up the chillum my favorit is Halek bom shankar you yell it out loud -to rember and smoke with the gods - clear your lungs and make anybody around know that there is a chillum on the way

Latest posts

Latest posts