What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Burglars Break Into Pot Shop, Can't Break Out

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As reported by Ana Cabrerra, Channel 7 News-

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- Three Fort Carson soldiers were arrested after allegedly breaking into a medical marijuana dispensary, Colorado Springs police said.

Store surveillance video showed three men wearing masks jimmying their way through the back door of Rocky Road Remedies, a dispensary on South Academy Boulevard, at about 2 a.m. Saturday. Once inside, the men tried to leave through the front door, but it was locked and surrounded by bars. They soon found out the back door was locked too.

"The burglars had jimmied the door to the point where they disabled it, so they couldn't get out and we couldn't get in," said Colorado Springs Police Sgt. Mark DeVorss
The would-be burglars were literally trapped.

DeVorss said a police officer responding to a different incident nearby noticed movement inside the dispensary and went to investigate. Police had to use extrication tools to get in and make the arrests.

"It felt good. It's a relief knowing that the suspects are in custody," said dispensary owner Wenze Waddington.

Waddington said he arrived about 15 minutes after his security alarm went off. He said the suspects were already in handcuffs.

7NEWS asked Waddington if he knew the men.

"They had never been patients or had never been in here," Waddington said.

Police identified the suspects as 23-year-old Darius Thomas, 22-year-old Cory Young and 22-year-old Ramone Hollins. All three are active-duty Fort Carson soldiers.

"Fortunately for us, they made it easy for us to capture them and, to their credit, they were compliant with us," said DeVorss.

The three men now face second-degree burglary charges. They remained in jail Sunday, each being held on $10,000 bond.

When 7NEWS contacted Fort Carson, officials wouldn't comment on potential military consequences. <!--stopindex-->

Last edited by a moderator:

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
3 soldiers caught robbing CO dispensery

3 soldiers caught robbing CO dispensery

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2010/11/15/2010-11-15_three_soldiers_in_colorado_busted_during_attempt_to_rob_medical_marijuana_shop_v.htmlThree soldiers in Colorado busted during attempt to rob medical marijuana shop (VIDEO)

BY PHILIP CAULFIELD
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Monday, November 15th 2010, 10:14 AM

Sullivan/Getty
Three soldiers from Fort Carson were busted early Saturday when they became locked in a medical marijuana dispensary during an attempted robbery.
RELATED NEWS
Feds to issue new medical marijuana policy
Three U.S. military soldiers were busted early Saturday during an attempt to rob a medical marijuana dispensary in Colorado, local police said.

The bumbling trio, who are active duty soldiers from Fort Carson in Colorado Springs, managed to break into the Rocky Road Remedies facility, but became trapped after the pot shop’s doors locked from the inside, police said.

Security footage of the break-in showed three people dressed in black suits and masks scampering around the shop in a panic, running between rooms, climbing through windows and trying to smash their way out.

Unfortunately for the soldiers, police officers next door on another call were tipped off by the store’s alarm and found the men trapped inside.

Darius Thomas, 23, Cory Young, 22, and Ramone Holling, 22, were arrested on suspicion of second-degree burglary, ABC reported. They are being held on $10,000 bail.

Renze Waddington, the shop’s owner, said the three didn’t snatch anything because he locked all the cash and pot in a safe overnight, Colorado's KDVR-TV reported.

Fort Carson has a population of more than 10,500 people and is home to several Army units, including combat teams of the Army’s 4th Infantry Division, as well as a Special Forces group, an engineer battalion and units of the Army and Navy reserves and National Guard.

Waddington said despite the break-in, he won’t hold a grudge against the military.

"I respect people in the military, and I don't really want to shine a bad light on the military,” Waddington told KDVR. “I think it's isolated characters."

ddrew

Veteran
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
They had their special outfits and everything.
Thought they were all black ops special forces, lmao!!!!
What a bumbling, amateur caper

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

very cool, locked in the joint & surrounded by the fuzz, what luck!

a friend up here in MN has a auto junkyard that locals like to try to pick for free from time to time, he now has a friendly rottweiler that'll let you on the property but NOT back off, this dog gets between you and any exit out & there you'll stand waiting for JR to come let you out.

Iraganji

I noticed a couple spins on the clip.

One--- twice mentioned "it isn't unusual these days" (insinuating that there are issues with medical marijuana).
Fact not disclosed--- It is really an issue with prohibition.

Two--- the mention that it doesn't reflect on the nations military, but rather stupidity.
Fact not disclosed---it is an issue with prohibition!

I'm glad the store owner knew enough to protect his business.

supermanlives

Veteran

very cool, locked in the joint & surrounded by the fuzz, what luck!

a friend up here in MN has a auto junkyard that locals like to try to pick for free from time to time, he now has a friendly rottweiler that'll let you on the property but NOT back off, this dog gets between you and any exit out & there you'll stand waiting for JR to come let you out.

i always liked the sign with a dogs picture that says i can make it to the fence in 2.8 seconds ,how fast are you,

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Imagining those images of soldiers trying to get out of a med club is hilarious. I know they were tripping out....Hahaha...That's what those pot thieves get...

OP

Last edited:

qwerty

"I respect people in the military, and I don't really want to shine a bad light on the military,” Waddington told KDVR. “I think it's isolated characters."

Waddington.....Respect.

He coulda acted all bent out of shape, but his humility demands honor.

black_mole

Those soldiers are better off in Iraq abusing Iraqi's in that abu gray prison lmfao, it really takes a genius to build a human pyramid bunch of retards lol

Good they got gripped lmfao

Eugenics

Some people just don't pay attention during the Covert Ops class. I bet they'll all be promoted for sticking it to those "Liberal Potheads", anyway. They might get bitched at for being caught, and making US Military look bad.

Oh wait, Afghanistan & Iraq....

Oh wait, Supporting puppet-string Governments....

Oh wait, Installing Dictators, only to forcefully remove them decades later....

Oh wait, Putting a price tag on Acceptable Casualties, and Collateral Damage....

Keep Going????

I love my Country, I hate my Government. Sorry World, not all Americans are dicks, some of us have college educations, and are not as scumbags like 98% of the corrupt fuckers who won "open free elections" and currently occupy public office.

Haha what a couple of dummies what the hell did they learn. I remember a couple idiots while active but never heard anything this dum. There young and bold they probaly thought they would get away with it. Hopefully the justice system will take a easy on these young men.

E

Encore

Police identified the suspects as 23-year-old Darius Thomas, 22-year-old Cory Young and 22-year-old Ramone Hollins. All three are active-duty Fort Carson soldiers. <!--stopindex-->

Now they can face UCMJ!! and i hope there 1st SGT nail there balls to his wall of shame!!

Fucking SHITBAGS!!!