What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

5 best METAL bands of all time.

H

heavy dank nugg

mine are. 1. Iron Maiden. 2. Metallica. 3. Motorhead. 4. Slayer. 5. Savatage ( B4 trans siberan orchestra ). the 5 spot changes to venom sometimes. or Exodus. or Celtic Frost. or overkill .

O

ocean99

At the moment Electric Wizard, Sleep, Graves at Sea, SPAZZ, DRI.

But this changes every once in a while.

H

heavy dank nugg

Dirty Rotten Imbecells were more hard core punk no.? like GBH or COC

H

heavy dank nugg

ac/dc were never really metal just hard rock in my book. but they still kick ass. with Bon or Brian.

O

ocean99

I don't really give a fuck about genres anymore. That's elitism, and I am not an elitist. Metal is whatever anyone thinks it is, in my book rock that's any harder than Led Zeppelin is some kind of metal.

H

heavy dank nugg

a little harsh saying its elitest to put bands into genera. when ever you go any where to buy music. its catorgized by genera.

doodah

motorhead
iron maiden
black sabbath
ac/dc
early metallica

all old-skool stuff. am too much of an old fart to be down with this slipknot shite.

O

ocean99

a little harsh saying its elitest to put bands into genera. when ever you go any where to buy music. its catorgized by genera.

I wasn't specifically calling you an elitist... Being in a "thrash" band for about 9 months, playing shows every other week I had to deal with a lot of elitists telling me my band was this, my band was that. Fuckin pissed me off to a point where I started calling everything fast thrash and everything hard metal.

But yea my bad, you're not an elitist.

H

heavy dank nugg

I wasn't specifically calling you an elitist... Being in a "thrash" band for about 9 months, playing shows every other week I had to deal with a lot of elitists telling me my band was this, my band was that. Fuckin pissed me off to a point where I started calling everything fast thrash and everything hard metal.

But yea my bad, you're not an elitist.

cool man. i hear ya. also played in a few really heavy bands. now im rocking the 12 string aquostic metal.

U

ureapwhatusow

metallica w/cliff burton

Black Sabbath

motorhead

Piledriver

man o war - first 4 albums - joey demao demao, we are the kids that all shout hail <-- name the meta band that wrote this line about man o war and win a prize

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran
Rage is rap/metal. They are by far the best of that genre. Nobody else is close.

thats good anuff for me :joint:..#1 Rage.......not relly into heavy metal but love Rage...i like limp bizkit (suppose there rap/metal aswell) seen them live :yoinks: 1 thing that will stay will me for the rest of my days, sheer madness..

keep it green
highlander

NateDizz

1. Black Sabbath (how can this even be argued?)
2. Iron Maiden
3. Judas Priest
4. Metallica
5. Motorhead

Honourable mentions
- Slayer
- Megadeth
- Venom
- Pantera
- Death

Now those are not my favourites necesarily but just who I feel are the "greatest" and most important of all time.

Being a guitarist (and a fiend for it) myself for so many years (10+) I tend to choose music by guitarists rather than the music itself. I will listen to music that I find is horrible as a whole as long as the guitar work is good. My personal favourites in metal / hard rock are Steve Morse, Steve Vai, Marty Friedman, Buckethead, Ron Thal, Tony MacAlpine, Vinnie Moore, Paul Gilbert, Andy Timmons, Mattias Eklundh, and the list goes on and on and on and on.....

Latest posts

Latest posts