What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

THC 's what am i smoking thread

THC123

Veteran
yesterday was my birthday so i smoked some extra special goodies

img22617437768.jpg

img22637449176.jpg

img22597427275.jpg

some lowryder 2 dry seive from trimmings

img23397367009.jpg

some happy brother i bought in a shop( the black widow in maastricht)

smells and looks great , but sadly this commercial coffeeshop bought weed has been cured or stored in a very bad way.
it doesn't taste like or smoke as it should but delivers a good effect

oh yeah , i payed 12 euros for one gram:fsu:

This is what ypu get if the government doesnt regulate the industry

img23287344542.jpg

some amnesia i got in club 68 in geleen

it is ok especially in the volcano it gives a good effect

img23297356314.jpg

some polm super i bought in the black widow coffeeshop

this is really nice and very tasty soft creamy hash.

So good effect and good taste , lovely smell and structure

i don't regret buying this

THC123

Veteran
are you talking about the greenhouse harvest???

i did this because it was sooo much and managing all those mason, jars was jsut impossible.

Plus i often have troubles with curing in jars so i chose he easy way and froze the buds.

This year i will have a drying tent so the drying will go smoother , last year it took 3 months and still it was moist

I have made bho 4 times now , so still lots to learn EDIT sorry moldy i was stoned i thought u said iso , no i never made bho before

grtz

dread

Veteran

he T.,if u come over some day,i've got some red leb for u
a little fairy told me u wanted some.....
grtz
D.

THC123

Veteran
you bastard you took the last one:dueling::laughing::laughing:

Hehehe ok thx i appreciate it.

But is it really better than the hash you make yourself?? Your hash always is soft with a good effect

The zero zero tatsted nice but the effect was pretty weak and the hash was rock hard , so how is that red libanon??

Ipsissimus

THC123 awesome buds and plants K+. I'm sure you know, your drying method is very unorthodox. Earlier in the thread you said you didn't like the jar method because the buds tasted like grass or hay - I've found this to be mildew from the buds not being completely dry. when properly cured, I find the smoke is much smoother, tastier, and burns better. Plus when I've smoked pot that so fresh it's moist, I find the thc doesn't carbolyze correctly, and I don't get as high.

remember, you have to open the jars every day until they stop "sweating"! try drying the plants in an air conditioned room (low humidity) if you can't get them to dry otherwise. they should be dry in 5-7 days IME. if you don't like jars just get bigger air tight containers.

dread

Veteran

better?think not
it's dry,min 1 year old
good taste &weakens the knees,so......
if u smoke it ,its al love&peace
grtz
Dread

Ipsissimus

Ok another 3 strains are ready to be frozen , cuz it is so dry here now(it is freezing) , humidity is below 10%) they also dry fast once removed from the branches , a few hours in the dry box and they are dry but still smell good , taste of course is a bit dry now but once i pack them and freeze them and after many months reopen them , i put them in jars and after one day they taste wonderful and fresh , like when u harvested them.

for some reason i thought you couldn't get em completely dry -- but they dry in a few hours? whats your drybox like?

THC123

Veteran
@ dread

hmmm ok if you say it is good hash then i believe it

@Ipsissimus

hey yeah u are totally right.

In 2008 i had nothing but trouble

i dried the buds in my attick where it was very cold and there was a very irregular temperature

i had an air dehumidifier but it didn't do much there.

This year i will dry my buds on the first floor , so no more drying in the attick.

Cuz like you say normally in 2 -3 weeks they are nice dry and tasty.

That's why i am also using a drying tent this year.

What i have noticed is that for example , when my buds have dried 2 weeks they are dry and very soft to smoke , but , if it rains one day , the same day the buds feel damper and squishier and have less taste.

So to avoid all this i will dry it in a room with heating(18-20 degrees) and i will use a drying tent.

After that i will cure them in cardboard boxes. And after that they will go in ironing bags and maybe in the freezer again.

I will try a small quantity in jars.

But again with jars i saw the same thing. If you open the jars and it rains or humidity is high and then close it , the weed will become damper instead of dryer(in my conditions)

the best luck i have had with jars is curing the weed first in cardboard boxes for 2 weeks till they are dry and then in the jars and never open the jar again.

this way it stays as dry as it was , but if i open to "burp" it then it becomes damper , this doesn't sound logical but thats the way it goes around here

I have tried so many ways of curing in jars and haven't had much luck.

SO every year i try a small quanity in jars so i can finally get it right.

THC123

Veteran
for some reason i thought you couldn't get em completely dry -- but they dry in a few hours? whats your drybox like?

i will explain thanks for thinkin with me

So they where first hanging in the attick on ropes. But after 3 months in the attick they where still moist.

So i put the in the dry box(after the hung for 3 months and where damp)

BUT because that day it was freezing and the humidity was less than 10%(instead of 40-50) they dried very fast that particular day , too fast even

the drybox is a homebox drybox

THC123

Veteran
lol i am drooling on my keyboard

good job hashmaster:joint: , it tried making that once but only got a big mess hehehe

dread

Veteran

i just need to add a little more drysiftpowder,so it get 's less sticky & better to handle for rolling
grtz
D.

Ipsissimus

But again with jars i saw the same thing. If you open the jars and it rains or humidity is high and then close it , the weed will become damper instead of dryer(in my conditions)

hmm--maybe you're mixing up sweating and absorbtion from the atmosphere? for me it seems really weird when your bud that was bone dry before gets all moist in squishy inbetween burps, but the moister is always from the INNER part of the bud. The outside always gets crispy, but there's a moisture imbalance. And if your bud is dry enough to get pliable from sitting out in the atmosphere, that's ok - it's dry enough to be in a jar. once it stops getting moist between burps, slow it down or stop completely. I always end up opening everything and smelling it anyways :) btw I've had luck with 15-30 minute burps once it's curing. (towards the beginning sometimes I'll leave it open overnight if it seems quite moist).

i'm eager to hear how you fare this upcoming curing season, and kudos for your style, best of luck :)

THC123

Veteran
And if your bud is dry enough to get pliable from sitting out in the atmosphere, that's ok - it's dry enough to be in a jar. once it stops getting moist between burps, slow it down to a monthly burp. I'm talking 15-30 minute burps.

ok good tip. yeah it gets pliable from sitting in the atmosphere. i did burp the jars 15-30 mins

So is it normal that with curing in jars the buds go through a phase that they are disgusting??

THC123

Veteran
Here some dry guerillia gold 2 nug , it has dried for approx 12 days now

I am vaping now , quit smoking , so it tastes good already and gives a very strong stone , perfect before sleeping , the nugs are also very hard ,

So for me it is a very good outdoor strain cuz of its potency , bud structure and earlyness. it is not very mold resistant but it is so early that a bit of mold in the end is no prob. I love it , tastes sweet and for the rest smells sweet and spicy complex and yummy.

I have to say it's the best outdoor variety i know , the canadians wheren't shitting:laughing: it looks almost like indoor and it feels like indoor(compact) it's real fucking great herb!
img26395100940.jpg

Last edited:

Ipsissimus

So is it normal that with curing in jars the buds go through a phase that they are disgusting??

missed this - no! all to often I've seen people put them in jars before they are completely dry, and then don't burp them enough initially and they get mildewy, wet hay smelling.like a wet towel left somewhere dark. many often think it's the particular "funk" on their "funk". weed starts to lose it's initial fresh smell as it cures, but after a few weeks new smells often develop seemingly out of nowhere. the smell that evolves burns more "true" - it tastes comes through in the smoke. kind of like wine as far as aging, but we're talking months instead of years and years. it's actually more like steak. You can age your steak, but it is still damn good before you age it, and if you screw up aging it it will go sour on ya. I certainly don't look down my nose at anyone who doesn't cure their nugs.

that GG does look nice, I've been wanting to get my hands on some for an outdoor run!

Latest posts

Latest posts