What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What strain for a guerilla grow in a cornfield?

dontstepongrass

M.U.R.D.A. / FMB crew
Veteran
that is ridiculous. spottin plants that weren't even in groups... maybe they pulled too many corn plants, it looked like they cleared a nice patch for maximum sunlight...

Vol Funk

How many policemen does it take to figure out the plant's specie?

22331cornrows.JPG

I wonder if you can grow weed in between the corn rows(in red line) or you still have to pull 2 out for 1 plant?

Last edited:

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
mexilandrace said:
I don't have the balls for cornfield grows, I want to every year and every year I puss out.
well its actually just TO DO IT
i can highlu recommend the guerrilla videos by BrownDirtWarrior
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=brwndirtwarrior&search_type=&aq=f
and the HQ dvd here www.browndirtwarrior.com
those videos where a great inspiration for me and made the last push from thoughts to action
from a few plants in my own garden to both my own garden and 7 guerrilla spots in corn and one in a forest

i prefer corn over forest as the corn soil is much better.
more airy and pre fertilized by the farmers
forest soil is more compact and in poor quality compared to soil in corn fields
a lot more work in forest soil and bigger change of detection

actually its quite exiting to go on nightly missions in the corn to do the planting out, maintaining and harvesting and its damn nice rewarding at harvest time.

i can only say one thing:

GO FOR IT!

Vol Funk said:
22331cornrows.JPG

I wonder if you can grow weed in between the corn rows(in red line) or you still have to pull 2 out for 1 plant?

i believe so and hope so

this year i pulled 2-4 corn for each mary jane and they didnt get that big, but it was due to me planting them out late and i also had some over fert problems cause i used pellet ferts and it was heavy rain for days just after, washing to much fert ´down to fast.

not having had the over fert problem and planting them out earlier i would no doubt have had giant bushes.

next year im pre growing them from mid May at home, as soon as its frost free here at 56 nl, and putting out in the corn mid June when the weedkiller has lost most its effect.

im planting between rows next year

reason is that i lost one field to a farmer harvesting earlier than the others.
that farmer must have seen the mj plants when harvesting, so his probably on alert and irritated cause he found the plants and also the empty space where he had his corn.

also too many empty spots from where the mj has been alerts the farmers.
as the area im in has many corn fields each year all close to me but owned by a few farmers, means i dont wanna loose the opportunity to grow so easy so nearby by risking it all with to many "empty spots" left.

i think between rows is ok as long as you keep a good distance between each plant length wise and makes up for it in numbers.
dont expect much yield from lower branches as i think it will more perform like a Sea Of Green

i have many good hardy guerrilla strains suited for that purpose so i barely cant wait until next season even though im still drowning in harvest work and the place here is stuffed with dry or drying weed and seeds

Last edited:

Vol Funk

I think growing between corn rows would be the best idea for someone who have problems with flyover. If you look the pictures that I posted, you can clearly see the "empty space" from the air.

In your case, it's the farmer on his tractor.

I don't see how it's possible to find weed between rows from the air.

Gunnarguchi said:
i think between rows is ok as long as you keep a good distance between each plant length wise and makes up for it in numbers.
dont expect much yield from lower branches as i think it will more perform like a Sea Of Green

What's the good distance?

and for what reason?

I'm guessing the yield will be 1-3 ounces per plant if it's grown in between rows?

Last edited:
B

Bubble Puppy

Ive seen videos\stories in the past about this .Supposedly it sticks out like a sore thumb from the air

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Barefoot said:
Here is also an interesting video about growing in cornfields....in german...

hehe
i thought that growing in corn wasnt that wide spread in the northern parts of Europe but the German cop said they normally found 15-20 spots in a 25 km radius.
seems like the Germans also have a thing for MJ in corn.

also it was obvious that most of the catches was cause ppl removed corn and the empty spots was stood out like glowing spots from the air.

planting between rows some like a much better way to hide them from flyovers as they dont stand out so much

from the 7 small spots i had for MJ seed grows this year, i only lost one due to an unexpected early harvest in that field only

so its 6:1 in Gunnar versus the farmers
but its
7:0 Gunnar versus the cops :)

dkmonk

Okay I live in Indiana which basically is corn heaven, and I've already got a nice woods spot that I dug up and tilled a couple weeks ago, and it was going to be my only spot, but I need to diversify and it seems corn is the best place.

So... My questions are when should I plant my seeds?
What is the best way? presoak in water plant next day or plant

I can't grow them inside or none of that this year due to the move I just made, so it has to be seed.

Thanks ahead of time,

dkmonk

M

mrred

hope you got a bunch of seeds

im guessing a little hole with perlit and maybe a little screen over them,

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dkmonk i actually thought you where a Dane also cause of the name
the info i give here is for Denmark but i think it goes many other countries also

for more detailed info and pix look earlier in this thread but heres a fast little "guide"

germ your seeds inside any time and put the plants outside when the frost has left, mid May here.
from mid may until mid june you grow them at home in pots
mid june is where you take them out into to corn¨not earlier cause they use weedkiller in corn fields at the early stage.

when you plant them out in mid june be sure to scrape the topsoil of around the plants to avoid getting the last remains of the weedkiller in contact with the MJ.

you can bring your own soil but in most cases its not nercesary cause the soil in the cornfields are loose, airy and somewhat already fertilized

when the plants are in the ground water them a little with a low dosis fertilized water and spray some pellet fertilizer around the spots
the pellet fertilizer will slowly free some fertilizer and smaller dosis for a long time so you wont have to go and feed them all the time
be sure not to use the pellet fertilizer if theres going to be heavy rain the next days or the nute will be released too fast

once the plants are growing you only have to check and give them some car from time to time and remove males once they start showing sex

its advised not too pull up corn and replace them with mj plants if you risk flyovers, of if you want the grow in the same area next season cause it might alert the farmers that theres a grow in their fields and its also more visible from the air.

plant between rows and make if for it in numbers instead

here in Denmark they normally harvest the corn in the first or second week of October so be sure to use early strains

look i previous pages in this thread for more info and feel free to ask if questions arises.

i had 7 small spots in corn this year and one spot in a forest for a later finishing afghan strain
i prefer the corn for guerrilla cause its easier, safer and much less work compared to growing in a forest.

del...

i never had much luck planting seeds in open ground without some sort of barrier to keep cutworms and the like away from seedlings until they've grown enough toughness to not be bothered by them. an aluminum beverage can with the ends cut off work well for that...take a serated knife and saw off the can ends then center over the seed or seedling and press into the ground enough to keep it in place with no entry holes under the can...and you can paint the cans any color that's needed for camoflage.

but i grew up on a corn, wheat, soy beans, pig & chicken farm in NE indiana and once the farmers' corn is too high for tractors to tend the plants they usually walk it and pull weeds as needed. my g'father would pay me by the furrow (it wasn't much...i was like 6 to 14 years old at the time) to do it and it would take a week to cover the entire fields but eventually it was all walked thru...the amish are especially into this and spend a lot of time in their fields so i urge you to know the field first and be very careful about trespassing on farmer's land...they take it very personally.

good luck

dkmonk

mrred- Yes I do have a whole bunch of seeds thousands actually, and you say put a screen, like one with about 1inch holes over the seeds?

Gunnar- Not in Denmark unfortunately, but I think most of what you said will apply to me anyways, great advice thank you

del...- So just to clarify I will just have a cylinder middle part of the can around my seeds that are in the ground, and press it down about 2 inches or so?

So has anyone successfully sowed their seeds straight into the ground, I plant on planting 2-3 seeds per 1 plant I want to grow assuming some will die and some will be male and if im lucky all 3 will grow.

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This Australian guerrilla growing guide isnt directly related to growing in corn but i just found it on Youtube and along with the Browndirtwarrior videos it can serve as a great source of inspiration and knowledge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-4pq853YwM
Its one hour duration but the watch is worth every minute.

del...

yes, just press enough so it stays in place and nothing can crawl under it. i've never had mice or other rodent probs with this method so maybe it scares them away as it's definitely not tall enough to keep them out but is a good barrier for those damn leaf cutters and other seedling munchers that'll take your seedling and leave a little tiny stump about a 1/16" tall...the leaf cutters i'm talking about are those inch or so long skinny dark brown crawlers with the short ,twin pincher-like tail, sorta like a centipede but without all the legs and not nearly as big...also not poisonous.

are there hedgerows separating the fields? i just think you're not going to get past the farmer if growing in the middle of his field and you might do better by going to the trees surrounding the fields...but you would know better about your area than me...good luck!

it's probably already been mentioned but if not...you might also consider starting them indoors around late april so they're plenty big by planting time...

Last edited:

del...

and yes again...i always plant directly into the ground or soil they'll be growing in and have never used the paper towel or any other "artificial" germinating method. i take a #1 pot (some call them 1 gallons but they're those appx 8"' x 5"' smaller black or sometimes green nursery pots that are a good size for our plants to grow in until sexing then needing a larger pot becaue they will be root-bound by then) and fill with soil to about an inch below the top. then pour hot tap water thru it until thoroughly soaked then allow it to cool down to body temp. a finger poke into the middle of the surface about as deep as the 1st knuckle below the finger nail or half to 3/4 of an inch deep and drop the seed alone and by itself into the hole then cover loosely with fine soil (it's never a good idea to plant them close together as roots are very hard to untangle when it's time for thinning and seedlings don't care much for their roots getting disturbed). the hot water only heats up the soil to summer-like conditions because the dirt is usally pretty cold from sitting outside...and the warmer soil helps them germinate faster. they usually break the surface in 3 or 4 days but can take longer...

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
for nest year i plan a massive outdoor commercial grow in corn

im thinking it over now but i think i might drop planting outdoors in my own garden as theres too many who knows about it in the neighborhood and its a security risk that could jeopardize the corn guerrilla grow

i have many potent early outdoor seeds for this year season i can use in the corn next season

ythe scale depends on my current partner as of if he can be trusted enough to be working from early spring until winther when harvest is harvested and processed into pot and hash

this season i lost much to mold cause i got screwed over by 3 different ppl who all promised to secure and process the harvest but redraw in last moment

as for now the plans are 6 different fields in corn with 200 plants in each
plans is for turning the dried harvest into first grade hash as its less work than trimming them all and its easier to find buyer for that amount when its hash compared to pot

no final plans made for what strain in each field but my own cross Royal Dane x Erocket/danish passin would be very high on list

thyphoon also
eventhough its a bitch to trim its suitable cause for hash making as its early and high yielding

running classic danish early potens strains as Royal dane and danish passion is also high on the list

i bought a 20 liter Top Zeef pollinator which is capable of running like 500 gram in each run
for next year i would need bigger pollinators and probably atleast 2
ill make them myself as ive figured out the design and the sizes i want costs a fortune when its bought from a company but its possible to make them yourself a lot cheaper.

final size of them will be determined by the maximum indoor measure of the extra freezers im going to get for nest season as pollinators wotk best if left to run inside a freezer rather than just freezing the trim and run it outside where its not freezing.

ive evaluated my 2 latest grow seasons and my biggest error is not taking so many pix just in the harvest season as its been where i was most busy, but its also the period with the best shots available

next year i will be taking and posting both video and pix from early stage all the way onto harvest and processing

my hopes is at the end it will result in a grower guide type video on how to grow commercial marijuana in corn

Barefoot

ICMag Donor
When you grow 200 plants you'll need much space at home. How tall are they when you put them outside?