What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My lungs and BHO

chos3n

thanx for clarification Truthman......

hey Mr chos3en:
could you just even read ?
I've just stated that cancer and such lung disease IS NOT from nicotine, but from TAR.
again, nicotine for tobaco is like the THC for pot:it's the psycho-active principle. nothing to do with giving cancer...
That's what I wrote, and I maintain it...re read please before making false statments on what people wrote...

I also wrote that combustion of every single vegetable produce tar, and the combustion of pot stash DOES produce tar as well, and that tar isn't less harmful than the one of the tobbaco smoke, no matter how organic is your stash....and I maitain...

for the bong bowls equivaling many cigarettes, I didn't enter into any chemical details: I'm simply talking about the harshness of a bong hit compared to a hit from a filter cigarettes, (no matter how organic is your stash again)...the harshness of the the smoke it self, no matter it comes from a free pesticdes-salty ferts or a natural piece of wood in the cheminee or what ever...

Now maybe you have iron made lungs, but I testify for me and a majority of "normal human" around me, one serious bong hit fuck up our lungs like smoking 3 or 4 cigarettes one after the other in a very short lap of time. bong hits are very brutal to the lung compared to cigarette's hits...very common fact.

And that's only for just ONE serious bong hit...if you hit your bong 4 or 5 time a day do your maths....now again, may be you and your mates are some iron-super-men or somthing...we're not and still happy with it....

Enough libraries, internet sites, experienced man & women could give you all the proofs you need...

also, some Politeness and less aggressive attitude won't hurt you at all...less than a bong hit to your lungs....peace anyway...

I didn't make any false statements, I quoted you and responded to each part of your post. I just find your comparison mute.

I never said that combustion of plant matter will not create tar, but asked where you found that naturally occurring terpens and phenols will produces the same toxins found in the tar of cigarette smoke.

You believing that a bong hit is the equivalent harshness of chain smoking three-four cigarettes is an opinion, and in my experiences I do not share the same opinion. It's not a common fact, it's your opinion. Can you read, get a dictionary, and look up the word fact because I don't believe you understand it.

I wasn't being impolite, I just don't agree with what you're saying. Also like water and oil, politeness and ignorance do not mix.

And considering this thread was made to discuss one person's personal experience, I'm done. Have a good one.

ayatayo

too much misinformation and assumptions...

The only time I have seen this comparison besides from you is from grade school health books

these are quite impolite and aggressive sentences for me...but not as the general spirit in which you wrote your hole post.

and by the way:
You believing that a bong hit is the equivalent harshness of chain smoking three-four cigarettes is an opinion, and in my experiences I do not share the same opinion. It's not a common fact, it's your opinion

nope a bong hits are obviously harsher to all the internal organs (lungs, throat, mouth...) taking part in smoking compared to filter cigarettes hits...X10 harsher not an opinion...exept for superman...

midwestHIGHS, my apologies for the ways it has turned between me & chos3n in this interesting thread...didn't mean to troll or something....

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
Thanks for the replies everybody, hmk, gw, kiefsweat and truthman especially.
I got some new material(mk ultra) to run and the new batch of bho is much easier on my lungs I still get a light resin coated feeling, but that goes away rather quickly and leaves my lungs feeling fine. Compared to the 3 different batches of oils I made over the past two weeks, which seemed to leave me short of breath all day. I'm thinking the buds were sprayed with an insecticide/pesticide of some sorts and when made into an oil concentrated these nasties. Because even when I cleaned the plant waxes with ethanol and vac purged the absolute it still made me short of breath. So something bad had to be on those buds.

Just wanted to see if any full time oil heads had first hand experiences with these types of lung problems, as I know quite a few bho makers run material they have not grown themselves.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im A big oil head. The older I get it seems the less my lungs like the Oil.. It hurts a lot so Im taking a break from the oil in hopes that my lungs will recuperate

hammalamma

Veteran
If i take the "right sized hit" no coughing, no hurting my lungs, no film. Now when I get a little over zealous and take hits bigger than .2 of gram, that shit hurts and leaves a film. I think some people take to big of rips. I know people that cough every time they rip oil, I try to tell them they don't need to waste it but it must be an ego thing, or they think they won't get as much as others. Not saying any one here is doing this, just an observation.:biggrin:

paper thorn

Veteran
yeah but if you smoke all day non stop it is normal that your lung capacity decreases duh

even if you vape from morning till evening for months your lung capacity will decrease

I don't know man, i blow the doctor's minds when i do any breathing tests during a checkup, tells me he's never seen anyone inhale or exhale as deeply and says it sounds very clear.
i smoke a lot too.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I suggest switching to canna-caps.

Quick, portable (when you use oatmeal flour), long-lasting and stealthy. :D

Make 'em so you can just barely feel the effects and take one three times a day. You'll want to smoke/vape less and you'll feel MUCH better overall... starting at about the 3-week point. :D

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
I make caps all the time decarboxylated bho/absolute or ethanol oil mixed with coconut oil and soy lecithin. They do keep me from dabbing alot, but the high keeps me from doing much besides sitting on the couch, doesn't really compare to a uplifting dab.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I make caps all the time decarboxylated bho/absolute or ethanol oil mixed with coconut oil and soy lecithin. They do keep me from dabbing alot, but the high keeps me from doing much besides sitting on the couch, doesn't really compare to a uplifting dab.

Umm... too strong? Like I said, make them so you can 'barely' feel them and take them 3 times a day. Just like any other regular poison Rx pill the doc would give you.

The best results are obtained after about 3-4 weeks of constant ingestion.

Could I also recommend some more sativa-dominant strains? Really get you off your ass and moving. LOL

SourPurp

Ok just gonna state this again since pretty much everyone overlooked my first post on it...if your coughing after taking puffs, coughing up black stuff, or generally experiencing any sort of discomfort from your buds then THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR BUDS. I don't care if you just bought the latest "top-shelf" "organic" whatever for $50/gram from the collective, if you experience the negative symptoms outlined above then there IS a problem with your weed. Not weed in general, YOUR weed you just bought (or grew). This may come as a complete shock to most tokers but your pot smoke should NOT be hurting your lungs. Your body and lungs should be accepting and incorporating the smoke not rejecting it in a violent coughing fit. A cough is your bodies way of rejecting stuff (and quickly). If your coughing, your lungs DO NOT WANT what you just put in them. Listen folks, I seriously take 15-20 waterpipe hits every day, NO COUGHING, NO BLACK PHLEHM. Hash hits pressed or unpressed, no problems. So tell the fucking world, there is marijuana out there that actually doesn't hurt going in and doesn't force itself back out again. I know it seems shocking...:)

Sour Deez

I have asthma, i have two different inhalers, one i use once daily and the other is for shortness of breath or an attack. When i was smoking bud i would need to take a couple puffs after every single session. After switching to bho i have totally stopped using the emergency inhaler. No need for it now.

When i go over my buddys places, i smoke bud with them, and i can feel it for days after in my lungs, i have to use the emergency inhaler every so often.

I can definitely tell the difference on my lungs, and they are thanking me.

Bi0hazard

Veteran
^ I think its the difference between using a flame vs vaporizing (since most BHO is essentially vaporized by nails, wands, or other forms of glass.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Start running, your lungs will clean themselves.

have you tried smoking even more weed? haha

no but seriously, you need to be drinking twice the water as you normally would and I think you'll notice a significant improvement in your lungs ability to handle that shit.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is a bunch of difference between smoking oil and vaporizing it.

When it is vaporized, it is just small particles of grey mist. Light some and watch the black phenolic smelling smoke that comes off. It smells like burning plastic, because it is a burning phenolic.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Ok just gonna state this again since pretty much everyone overlooked my first post on it...if your coughing after taking puffs, coughing up black stuff, or generally experiencing any sort of discomfort from your buds then THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR BUDS. I don't care if you just bought the latest "top-shelf" "organic" whatever for $50/gram from the collective, if you experience the negative symptoms outlined above then there IS a problem with your weed. Not weed in general, YOUR weed you just bought (or grew). This may come as a complete shock to most tokers but your pot smoke should NOT be hurting your lungs. Your body and lungs should be accepting and incorporating the smoke not rejecting it in a violent coughing fit. A cough is your bodies way of rejecting stuff (and quickly).

If your coughing, your lungs DO NOT WANT what you just put in them. Listen folks, I seriously take 15-20 waterpipe hits every day, NO COUGHING, NO BLACK PHLEHM. Hash hits pressed or unpressed, no problems.

So tell the fucking world, there is marijuana out there that actually doesn't hurt going in and doesn't force itself back out again. I know it seems shocking...:)
:yeahthats

Definitely has a lot to do with it. I'm appalled at the lack of quality I used to think was 'ok' or 'decent'.

Having sampled cannabis in a number of states (medical and non-medical)... I have to say that really 'clean' meds are almost impossible to find. I can't imagine too many people really experience it regularly.

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
Ya the herb I was exrtacting from had something bad sprayed on it, Don't got anymore of that ish thank lawd. Made me feel short of breath all fucking day. The latest batch of mkultra oil has been very nice on the lungs! gf agrees mucho cleaner. I can't wait to get my organic/veganic garden up an going the amount of unclean herb is very high these days.

ewww burnt oil smells not so good. I try and wait to the point where it vaporizes slowly and not a quick 1 second inhale.

what vapor pen is the best bang for your buck and doesn't taste like burnt plastic. In the other vap pen threads alot of people said the eGo T was a great pen for the price and is much better than alot of the more expensive ones. The plastic tanks kinda wierd me out though, hows the flavor on these things?

BHO594

Google Butane inhalation'

BHO can be very dangerous to smoke,alota people pumping out runs These days and there not even half way purged.The whole idea is to be able to cancel out the butane..my advice Spray less tane over your runs,slow purge @ 140 for an hour,and invest in a Vaccum setup espically if your on the Mass Production Hype.

KiefSweat

Veteran
bho left over in your oil will ignite. If it sizzles or doesn't catch fire its not solvent.
I was working with some shit last week that was sprayed heavily with eagle20. It was just kinda fucked up all around and I knew something was up when making it and glad I threw it away, but come to find out it was sprayed up to 10days before harvest.

Bi0hazard

Veteran
Ya, that's some Bull Shit - Eagle 20 should never be used During flowering...

If anyone is looking for a completely organic (odorless/tasteless) flowering stage Powdery Mildew killer (also kills spider mites) I Highly recommend JMS Stylet Oil you can use it up to a day before you harvest no problem, it's completely organic - again NO SMELL / NO TASTE and will absolutely kill PM (for 10-14 days at a time). For people who are screwed with PM late into flowering it's a god send.