What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

In Search Of: Monkey Paw

Status
Not open for further replies.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The "Rushman" monkey paw seed run is underway. Three seeds were started. So far there is one powerful grower (mp#1) she/he has purple in those fat jaged shinny leaves. The second has much thinner light green leaves and has auto topped itself. This one is a stinker in veg. The third is light green with thinner leaves just like monkey paw #2. The plan is to make pure monkey paw beans and do a monkey paw (drawoh) chocolate Thai f3 cross. From what rushman told me the mp is a landrace strain that is also known as nam weed.

Hmmm....never heard of it being called "nam weed" I would love to see some pictures of this grow! And I will definitely be VERY interested in what the outcome is. It is a good plan to be making some straight F2's with these seeds...Although, if it is a landrace, it is going to breed fairly true, and the BEST possible results would be to run an open pollination to preserve any recessive traits...

Also, how long have you had these seeds? Thanks for letting me know!!!

:woohoo:

dank.Frank

Dank sorry for the late reply. I had them since 2007. I picked up three packs. I did a monkey paw / killa kush cross in 2007 but did not pop them yet. The monkey paw has a very common pheno in the genes that grows real fast. It is holding it's own with the Kali mist, nevilles haze and chocolate Thai.

The male that I had in 2007 had a rotted fruit smell combined with dank fuel. These plants also have the rotted fruit smell. I'm just waiting for the dank to start comming through.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just loving the fact that someone still has it...!!!

Throw up some pics if you find the chance...

T

theratings

LOL i read 'monkey paw' on the main forum index and had to click this. i'm from michigan, and i have one friend who always talks about monkey paw and how crazy it is suppose to be. i thought he was just kiddin.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It is some of the FINEST dank I have ever come into contact with. Just an incredible smell and appearance. VERY unique!

Someone out there has her!.....somewhere....

dank.Frank

scaramanga

I remember a friend going to ADAM in 1991 and bringing back several different varieties of seeds, one of them being Monkey's Paw. It was supposed to be an Indica/Sativa cross, and was so named because of the hooked leaf ends resembling a Monkey's Paw. Personally they reminded me of an Afghani/Sat(possibly(Hawaiian[Thai]) cross. Not sure if this is at all related to the strain that you are talking about Frank, but just thought I'd toss it out there for the sake of posterity.

Good luck with your search.:monkeyeat

Owl Mirror

Veteran
I just found this thread, is there any update on the breeding of monkey paw (drawoh) chocolate Thai f3 cross ? If so, I certainly would like to discuss them.

C

csedge

I have two monkey paw females right now i just scrapped the males too bad i didnt see this sooner

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
did your paws come from seed? If so, mind sharing more details?

I am still hunting this strain, but really focusing my efforts on the most recent known location....the hunt continues!

Although, I will say, that I have located several people that still hold the ORIGINAL monkey paw....

dank.Frank

montehierba

Mano do mono -BRAZIL

Mano do mono -BRAZIL

PART I.

Hey Dank.Frank,seen your post and caught my eye to see the name of my special secret ingredient but translated to English,might not even be but i figured i 'd share the story with you bros, now this particular breed i have to my knowledge a great story,in one my uncle Timoteo last trips to brazil came across this field of macona as is called there,the pad stunk like if someone had stired a bucket of spicy peppers for days,almost unsmokeable,but if you tried it it would make you see in all colors and have you do push ups for days,all time sativa HIGH.roumur has it Che made this breed.

Owl Mirror

Veteran
I have two monkey paw females right now i just scrapped the males too bad i didn't see this sooner

When oh when will this silly notion of seedless buds come to an end? It tears a piece of my heart out, each time I hear people killing male plants, especially rare genetics like this one. In fact, I would love to see an entire thread dedicated to growers & breeders prized Male plants. Perhaps if Males were held in more esteem, younger growers wouldn't think sensimilla is the shitnizzle Valhalla ?

lordbudly

Veteran
i love seeded bud, i love hand breakin up bud, seedless bud just = barely more bud, plus more room for females

Ickis

Veteran
There is a strain in the big book of buds called Monkey Balls. Some say it is Deep Chunk. In fact Monkey Balls is listed as Deep Chunk but the author didn't think they were the same. Close but not the same.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^

Yeah, it is pretty common to hear people say "Purple Monkey Balls" must be the same...but you are correct in saying that this is nothing more (not to knock it) than good 'old DC.

Monkey Paw, is, without question, VERY different from DC all the way across the board. The fact that it is a VERY regional strain, is another key indication that Balls and Paw are not one in the same.

Monkey Paw....see the picture on pg.1 of this thread, looks nothing at all like DC or a DC cross. The Paw is some unique long lost old school herb....in time, in time, someone will come forward. I KNOW FOR A FACT, it is still kept, in its original form...

dank.Frank

Pure chocolate Thai seeds are being made. The monkey paw is still waiting to show his or her sex. One of the monkey paws auto toped itself and one is very stout. The stout mp is in the same pot as the branchy male & female ct's. The stout mp smells like bowling alley floor wax. Very different.

Status
Not open for further replies.