What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can I just put decarb'd rosin under my tongue?

JRace

And, since I have been increasing the lecithin and myrcene, I have been getting much better results. So, it all points to my own body's bioavailability being poor.

Thanks for the input.

Have you tried Piperine?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piperine
A component of pungency by piperine results from activation of the heat- and acidity-sensing TRPV ion channels, TRPV1 and TRPA1, on nociceptors, the pain-sensing nerve cells.[8] Piperine is under preliminary research for its potential to affect bioavailability of other compounds in food and dietary supplements, such as a possible effect on the bioavailability of curcumin.[9]

https://www.bioperine.com/

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been making rosin in coconut oil suspension for a little over a year now. Some thoughts about consumption;

First, it only takes a little oil to 'dissolve' (more like suspend) the rosin enough to dispense with a dropper. If you press at low temps, the rosin will not be decarboxylated, so you can dose higher without getting ripped. A fair number of folks prefer it this way. One friend reported that his drops got more potent over time. He thought it was because of body heat from carrying the bottle around in his shirt pocket. Others (I didn't try it yet) said that a few drops baked on a cookie kicked the meds up into 'recreational' territory.

In any case, you can just dose the non decarbed rosin/oil higher and you will get recreational level buzz. It is possibly a bit different feeling though. More stimulating, and 'up' is what everyone says. Maybe the THC is a bit downplayed, while the terpenes are not?

Green (chlorophyll) might not taste great when dabbing rosin, but it's very desirable if you plan to eat it. Phytol (and other phytochemicals) are known to promote good flora and fauna in the lower intestines, so don't go crazy trying to make your rosin look like shatter if you plan to take it internally. One of the first things you'll notice when swallowing rosin-oil-suspension is that it calms your tummy, immediately.

After making a few batches of way-too-strong drops, we settled on the amount of 1-2 grams (strain dependent) of rosin in a 15ml bottle of coconut oil. That seems to be the amount that the medical folks can do 2-5 drops and the rec folks can just eat a whole dropper full, and everyone is as happy as they want to be!

Oh, almost forgot about the accidental 'head dose' experiment! One day, I licked off the tool I was using to transfer globs of rosin (who hasn't done this?) and a glob stuck to the back of my upper front teeth. Tasted mighty strong for a few minutes, but after a few sips of water it calmed down and I forgot about it. About twenty minutes later I noticed that my mouth was numb. A few minutes after this my whole head felt the same way. I had just been to the dentist the day before, and the lack of pain was very noticeable. About forty minutes after eating the glob, I started to feel seriously high. Just about at the point where you start wishing you hadn't eaten that last edible, it was that strong. Then, about ten minutes later, it started to ease off. About an hour and a half after eating, the effects had all but worn off. My thoughts are that I bypassed the stomach/intestines route and received what amounted to a topical dose direct to the head. Anyone else have an experience like this? Like I said, I'm sure lots of other folks have licked rosin off a knife or transfer tool.

sounds like a cannabis menagerie you got there RD...and that could be your issue...too much, too often...

i think we discussed previously...but when did you last have a break from the weed?

are you indulging in various strains or just one?

I agree maybe a break is in order. Maybe the cannabis you are using is low in THC Cbd?

Otherwise suck it up and do a booty bump and get back to us. It's life changing

redlaser

Veteran
I agree maybe a break is in order. Maybe the cannabis you are using is low in THC Cbd?

Otherwise suck it up and do a booty bump and get back to us. It's life changing

I already brought up the Brett Kavanaugh method, he wasn’t having any of that.
1)Get the calendar
2)Set a date
3)Write on calendar what the plan is
4)Commence with the boofing
5) keep calendar for future reference

Bobby Boucher

I’m with Ringo on this one.

This butt was made for pooping (and that’s just what it’ll do..).

Hard to live down a reputation of sticking recreational drugs up your butt. Seent it.