What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hush did a gardening

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I'm back. It's been a while. Not sure who's still around or what not. Anyway, I'm a dad now. Had to put my life on hold for a little bit while welcoming and nurturing a new one into the world. But things have finally settled down enough to garden again.

I just started 4 seeds of Golden Tiger, and 4 seeds of Panama. These seeds were purchased around 3 years ago, so kind of old, but I had them in the fridge. Only 1 of the Panamas popped, and all 4 GTs.

I'll be most likely doing the strains in separate tents. The GTs under 600w HPS, and the Panama under 165w LED. I'll be using coco, in fabric pots, flood and drain. Ideally, if I can get back into gardening full time again, I'm going to switch over exclusively to Ace's feminized offerings, and grow out single seeds at a time. I don't want to mess with keeping mothers anymore. No more cuttings. No more perpetual anything. I would like to go back to basics, while continuing to use flood and drain because that's my favorite method of all time, and just do one seedling at a time, using SCROG method, and filling up the entire canopy. After everything I've done over the years, I've learned that nothing is as productive as SCROG (at least, for the small grows I do).

So that's the plan. I will only ever use Ace genetics, exclusively, from here on out, too. Dubi, you are the awesome, and if I were the type of person who is inclined to put people on pedestals, you would be pedestal numero uno. Here's a quick shot of the Golden Tiger seedlings to get this thread started right. :biggrin:

06bN7H1.jpg

Klompen

Congrats on fatherhood. Its not easy work! The grow is off to a good start! How do you like the purple LEDs?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Thank you. :tiphat:

These LEDs are great. I've done some micro grows with this fixture in the past. It's a California Lightworks Solar Flare 220. 165 actual watts. All 5w emitters. Full spectrum. In the DR60 tent (2' x 2') this fixture can spit out a QP easily. Especially in a SCROG scenario.

I love LEDs for micro grows, but I still find them too expensive to use for anything bigger than a 2x2. I just prefer HPS still.

Azure

Were you able to finish your last grow of PCK?
I was following your grow log and then you took some time off.

I actually ended up with some Malawi x PCK for this outdoor season.
OK peace!

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Were you able to finish your last grow of PCK?
I was following your grow log and then you took some time off.

I actually ended up with some Malawi x PCK for this outdoor season.
OK peace!

No, I didn't get to finish it. And then when I thought I could start again, I planted up 4 different Ace strains, and then shit happened again that made me lose the gardens. So I've pretty much got to start over with Ace. Which is fine by me. I mean, there were some that I got to try successfully, but the rest were mostly a bust. I still have a few more GT and Panama seeds though.

So next time I'll be ordering the feminized versions of the strains I didn't get to try out, except for where there is no fem equivalent. In those cases I'll just find substitutions or hybrids or something. The one exception is Peyote Purple, which is only listed as standard, but dubi says there are barely ever any males in that line. Oh, and I also want to try out a high CBD strain. Preferably Lebanese, but I'd take either of the other two. Whatever's in stock at the time.

I'm also up for recommendations, from anyone, regarding feminized Ace strains. I prefer varieties that aren't super monster sativa trees, but even those I can work with if I'm expecting it. I'm also not interested in anything over 18-20 weeks flowering.

It feels good to be back in the game again.

Azure

My friends loved Malawi. It is super potent and high yielding.

There are so many great Ace strains to choose from. haha
Golden Tiger and Panama are beloved strains too!

Are your current plants feminized or regulars?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Malawi is definitely on the list. I'd like to delve into the African strains.

YukonKronic

I'd say try Zam, Kali China, Banghi haze or a cross, maybe Bubba Hash or Bubba Kush x PCK. I also might try orient express or perhaps NepJam... if your going w/Scrog you could try Tikal (she stretchs a bit) or MalPan. Maybe Guwai or Thai Chi if we're doing the stretchy thing.. Thai Chi looks sexy as hell to me personally.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm back. It's been a while. Not sure who's still around or what not. Anyway, I'm a dad now. Had to put my life on hold for a little bit while welcoming and nurturing a new one into the world. But things have finally settled down enough to garden again.

I just started 4 seeds of Golden Tiger, and 4 seeds of Panama. These seeds were purchased around 3 years ago, so kind of old, but I had them in the fridge. Only 1 of the Panamas popped, and all 4 GTs.

I'll be most likely doing the strains in separate tents. The GTs under 600w HPS, and the Panama under 165w LED. I'll be using coco, in fabric pots, flood and drain. Ideally, if I can get back into gardening full time again, I'm going to switch over exclusively to Ace's feminized offerings, and grow out single seeds at a time. I don't want to mess with keeping mothers anymore. No more cuttings. No more perpetual anything. I would like to go back to basics, while continuing to use flood and drain because that's my favorite method of all time, and just do one seedling at a time, using SCROG method, and filling up the entire canopy. After everything I've done over the years, I've learned that nothing is as productive as SCROG (at least, for the small grows I do).

So that's the plan. I will only ever use Ace genetics, exclusively, from here on out, too. Dubi, you are the awesome, and if I were the type of person who is inclined to put people on pedestals, you would be pedestal numero uno.

Here's a quick shot of the Golden Tiger seedlings to get this thread started right. :biggrin:

View Image

Nice to see you back hush and congratulations :tiphat:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Going through some old threads and I found the journal from the last time I did a SCROG in this tent. I can't wait to see a canopy like this again!

TflmnCe.jpg

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I'd say try Zam, Kali China, Banghi haze or a cross, maybe Bubba Hash or Bubba Kush x PCK. I also might try orient express or perhaps NepJam... if your going w/Scrog you could try Tikal (she stretchs a bit) or MalPan. Maybe Guwai or Thai Chi if we're doing the stretchy thing.. Thai Chi looks sexy as hell to me personally.

I'm super interested in Tikal. I think I'll be ordering that one for sure. I do need to try Banghi Haze again since it didn't get finished last time, so that's also on the list. And I'm very interested in several of the crosses, but there are so many good options that it's overwhelming, so I'll be relying on word of mouth suggestions, basically. In the mean time, I'll be redoing the strains that didn't get a chance last time. But I want one of everything!

hansNfrans

View Image

I feel ya man. I was out of the game for 4 years and had a baby too. Getting back into staying on the up and up of the community. Still not in a position to start growing again yet. Maybe one day soon! Good luck!

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
The lone Panama was off to a shaky start, due to what I assume was overwatering. The first set of true leaves were curled downward. Apparently it prefers drier feet than the GTs do. But it seems to have finally adjusted, with the second set of leaves.

TMdxpgA.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts