What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anything Outdoor 2018

-TheShortTexan-

My soil mix is 65 percent happy hippie mix. 25 percent black compost. 10 percent native soil.

Basically dug a hole and sunk them .using tiger grow or whatever is called for veg then going organic for flower.

I just planted couple more so we both need these to catch roots asap!

Thanks man

Thanks it looks awesome so far.
I kinda kno how u fe man its gna be 104 and 106 in a couple days here. It sucks. But once they have a root system its all good

Planted 3 more babies today:woohoo:

102 Here today in the Lone Star.. Got a seedling in a tent under a 250w cfl hoping in a couple days she'll be ready to go out. Pretty impressive soil mix you have there to be so simple but work so well!! Simple is key in my opinion... will have to try that out

caliprop215

Veteran
102 Here today in the Lone Star.. Got a seedling in a tent under a 250w cfl hoping in a couple days she'll be ready to go out. Pretty impressive soil mix you have there to be so simple but work so well!! Simple is key in my opinion... will have to try that out

Yea im glad its only gna be 90 today....fuck the heat
Lol.

Seeds are strong i would try to put outside few hours a day and gradually go up in hours harden that plant off....

Yea soil mix is worki g well and is very simple. I think alot has to do with the 10 pecent native soil. Its the best in the US. San Joaquin valley baby. But its only 10 percent hahahha

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran

Yea I've used a mix indoor extremely similar to this over the last 15yrs or so. I'll change/tinker a lil bit with different stuff and change things or try some different things on test plants. But I usually run Ocean Forest indoors with some additives, but I use a soil recipe like this one outdoors if I don't use the Ocean Forest. I'd rather use OF but it's impossible to afford it outdoors with this larger scale outdoor grow I'm starting. Indoors I love 60% Ocean Forest, 40 perlite, 2tbs dolomite, 1/2 to 1 cup castings, few handfuls green sand, plant success, great white, or Mykos whichever you want as directed. That soil mix indoors with the proper nutes and feeding is a indoor beast. This outdoor mix I'm using will slightly change when I transplant again but not enough to disturbed the plant or growth. Just basically adjust a few things. But we all got our different methods/mixes and ways to grow and some things are complicated unless that's the way you do things I guess

-TheShortTexan-

Yea I've used a mix indoor extremely similar to this over the last 15yrs or so. I'll change/tinker a lil bit with different stuff and change things or try some different things on test plants. But I usually run Ocean Forest indoors with some additives, but I use a soil recipe like this one outdoors if I don't use the Ocean Forest. I'd rather use OF but it's impossible to afford it outdoors with this larger scale outdoor grow I'm starting. Indoors I love 60% Ocean Forest, 40 perlite, 2tbs dolomite, 1/2 to 1 cup castings, few handfuls green sand, plant success, great white, or Mykos whichever you want as directed. That soil mix indoors with the proper nutes and feeding is a indoor beast. This outdoor mix I'm using will slightly change when I transplant again but not enough to disturbed the plant or growth. Just basically adjust a few things. But we all got our different methods/mixes and ways to grow and some things are complicated unless that's the way you do things I guess

That sounds sweet too. Ocean forest has caught my eye for awhile but im an hour from the closest place to buy it. I had seen pics of a rare few people having problems with ocean forest burning their plants right around the last week or two of flowering. It didn't make any sense to me... I know OF is loaded with nutes but i would think the burning would show up earlier rather than later. Pretty confident there was something else wrong...

Seedling was doing good when I got home from work today. 93 is what the therm said in the tent. It's like a 3 or 4 day old white rhino so I'm hoping it survives the heat. Supposedly the rhino can take hot temps.. :toohot:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
My bad bro I thought you were talking to me. But if anybody has ever had problems with OF there doing something really bad. I've put seedling of tons of different strains straight into OF with no problem. Hell after my seeds germed I'd put them into Ocean Forest and water 1/4 strength liquid seaweed. And I'd go strong on my nutes after a few weeks. Especially late veg/early-mid flowering and flush the final 3wks. I got albums full of plants grew in OF. Never a problem for me. I give a never long flush 3 gals plain water to each gal of soil. Also adjust the PH of my nutes and loved it. Also I've used every brand of nutes over the yrs as well. It's hard to say. I used to drive about a hr each way and get a pickup load of OF....also used happy frog but like OF for indoor

Badfishy1

I've been wanting to try both happy frog and OF. What's the difference in them??

Happy frog isn’t as ‘hot’. I use hf for seedlings then switch to OF. I personally find OF too hot for seedlings but according to WV myself and many others are doing ‘something wrong’

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Happy frog isn’t as ‘hot’. I use hf for seedlings then switch to OF. I personally find OF too hot for seedlings but according to WV myself and many others are doing ‘something wrong’

I dunno what your doing. I've ran Ocean Forest for yrs and put the seeds into it straight from jump. If you mix other shit into Ocean Forest it might give some problems I dunno. I only mix perlite and dolomite for seedlings. After about 2wks growing seedlings I'd usually transplant and add a few things to the OF but nothing to make it that hot. I've ran many many different strains and NEVER had a problem with plain Ocean Forest being to hot for me. I'm not saying anybody is doing a god damn thing wrong.....if you have problems with it burning your young shit don't use it.....fox farm don't sponsor me or give me shit. I like fox farm stuff some don't I'm not saying anybody's doing anything wrong but I use RO water and everything, others may have more problems than just the soil.

There should be a forum/thread to discuss the subject of OF/HF and fox farm products beening to hot. :tiphat:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Here's a few seedlings a few wk or so old. Luther Dogman x Gorilla Biscuit....gifted from Buckeyebandit !!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 18

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Here's a few Genius Thai. I've got about 50 some of these seedlings I'm easing in to the outdoors!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 18

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I've been wanting to try both happy frog and OF. What's the difference in them??

I'd give them a try friend.....maybe mix it half strength some of these growers I guess have trouble with it beening a lil hot at first.....some guys don't. I myself think it's pretty good shit for indoors. It's to expensive for me outdoors, this yr anyway lol. I've used it 15yrs indoors without any problem....mix 1-2 tbs dolomite per gal, add I went 60-70% Ocean Forest and 30-40% perlite indoors......just how I did. And yes ocean Forest has perlite in it before somebody calls me out for adding perlite. I've not used happy frog a lot so I can't be as sure on it, but most guys talk good about it. There's a lot guys that's never used stuff that like to talk about it. But i won't use anything but Ocean Forest indoors if I can find it, I'm using organic from lowes and Walmart outdoors this yr though. I used the OF indoors .:tiphat:

Badfishy1

I dunno what your doing. I've ran Ocean Forest for yrs and put the seeds into it straight from jump. If you mix other shit into Ocean Forest it might give some problems I dunno. I only mix perlite and dolomite for seedlings. After about 2wks growing seedlings I'd usually transplant and add a few things to the OF but nothing to make it that hot. I've ran many many different strains and NEVER had a problem with plain Ocean Forest being to hot for me. I'm not saying anybody is doing a god damn thing wrong.....if you have problems with it burning your young shit don't use it.....fox farm don't sponsor me or give me shit. I like fox farm stuff some don't I'm not saying anybody's doing anything wrong but I use RO water and everything, others may have more problems than just the soil.

There should be a forum/thread to discuss the subject of OF/HF and fox farm products beening to hot. :tiphat:

Oh I still use OF, just not for seedlings. No big deal. Still a good mix in my eyes

-TheShortTexan-

I'd give them a try friend.....maybe mix it half strength some of these growers I guess have trouble with it beening a lil hot at first.....some guys don't. I myself think it's pretty good shit for indoors. It's to expensive for me outdoors, this yr anyway lol. I've used it 15yrs indoors without any problem....mix 1-2 tbs dolomite per gal, add I went 60-70% Ocean Forest and 30-40% perlite indoors......just how I did. And yes ocean Forest has perlite in it before somebody calls me out for adding perlite. I've not used happy frog a lot so I can't be as sure on it, but most guys talk good about it. There's a lot guys that's never used stuff that like to talk about it. But i won't use anything but Ocean Forest indoors if I can find it, I'm using organic from lowes and Walmart outdoors this yr though. I used the OF indoors .:tiphat:

Will definitely try out OF next season. Popped a week old rhino in the ground yesterday and she seems to be doing well in the heat. Fingers crossed

caliprop215

Veteran
Did some tieing down yesterday.....

Cages are 3.5 ft across.finally reaching the edge

Topping and lst produces alot of tops....

Same black jack as before

Attachments

• 20180611_135912.jpg
    20180611_135912.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 20180611_135923.jpg
    20180611_135923.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 18

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Dang Caliprop your kicking ass on that BlackJack

Yea guys I'm using organic soil from Lowes and Walmart for my outdoor stuff. I can't afford OF,HF for outdoor. One thing about Fox Farm stuff it's expensive. I do have some America Pride and Marine Cuisine to mix in the soil....a poor man Ocean Fog lol. I'd be careful maybe mix half Ocean Forest with seedlings or just use seed starter at first. I do understand problems can happen with any soil outside of a growers hands.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Now I'm gonna make a announcement. Mr. B from Female Seeds has ask if I'm interested in testing a few strains outdoors. I'm humbled and honored to get this chance. Problems with the postal service has put us behind, but were gonna give it 110%. We'll have a seperate thread and start a grow log/diary in a week or so. Thanks to Female Seeds the original fem seeds !!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 26

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I've got some other big things I'm gonna be doing outdoors. Kinda been waiting to get some mail.....and did it come BIG today !!!! I got flooded with stuff today that I'll be doing for some more folks. But one thing at a time....Female Seeds !!!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Will definitely try out OF next season. Popped a week old rhino in the ground yesterday and she seems to be doing well in the heat. Fingers crossed

I ran White Rhino from Nirvana about 10+yrs ago. It was covered in frost and had a crazy strong cheese smell......the cheese smell would make you sick lol it was crazy. But if my memory is correct it was a great smoke that didn't taste like cheese. I only grew it once that cheese smell would make me gag. She was a beautiful plant and great to smoke but the smell omg....I think I got a pic I'll post:tiphat:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Here's a White Rhino from Nirvana....back in my old gallery. Probably grew this around 05-06 somewhere around then. Here she is right before harvest. Sorry my cam wasn't the best. Nice lil main cola. Grew in a small 2-3 gal pot

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 17

Latest posts

Latest posts