What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mayan Prophecy Epic Fail Excuse Thread

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
It just occurred to me that when the Mayan Armageddon fails epically folks will be runnin to the interweb to share their sundry and confused thoughts on the subject. Top of that list will be excuses as to why nothing happened out of the ordinary.
This goes down every time some prophetical mumbo jumbo gets the circular file. I seem to recall various waco-esque religious kooks winding everyone up for the end of the world not too long ago...and when the clock struck midnight apparently their calculations were off, or God decided to give everyone a pass....or whatever.

So I thought this would be a great place to list the myriad excuses that will inevitably fall off the tongues of looneys galor...this way if you said it first...they can't use it to explain away their conspiracy insanity easily (at least without an I told you so chorus).

My preciction (and I don't have to be Nostradamus here to figure this out) on the lamest and most prolific excuse that will surface is:

There is going to be an "end of the world", but apparently someone misread the Mayan writings and it's actually some other time that we misconstrued as December 21, 2012. It'll be some bullshit like December 21, 2112....yada, yada...yada.

So post up your excuses like "The dog ate my apocalypse" or "I left my ragnarok in my other pants". I'm dying to hear it all. :woohoo:

BTW: All you conspiracy nuts....I'm waiting for the NEXT big thing to worry about...so please inform me...

auto-history-mayans-apocalypse-197367.jpeg

T

texsativa

The end will come like a thief in the night, when you don't expect it. No one knows the exact date.

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
Not sure if you are a nut or a nut-cracker? I didn't expect the FIRST reply to be empty bible quotes. Oh well, I rest my case.

The-Nutcracker.jpg

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
mayan calendar was a mathematical contrivance of linear measurement...the Gregorian calendar (which is what we follow today) was based on lunar cycles not mathematics, and cannot account for an extra day every four years.
following the Gregorian calendar, and adding an extra day every four years, we have already passed the Aztec calendars date of Dec. 21, 2012.

sorry.

S

Space Ghost

if no one knew(knows) the exact date... then why was the 21st pinned down?
people are just going to point to ANY major world event and say ''see?"

don't worry folks, there will be many years of fund raising left...

U

unthing

big asteroid might hit us 2036, 1 in a 250 000 chance. then there's peak oil. surely there was something else too..just don't remember atm.

oceangrownkush

Veteran
Trichrider beat me to it, this supposed date has already occurred if we are following the Mayan calendar... Its sad to me that in a day and age where communication is so simple the masses would rather feed each other rumor and banter than fact... Why don't the masses know this shit already?

I have to admit though, when my area was hit with sonic booms several times from passing jets this morning I did get paranoid and was kind of hoping UFO's had caused the ruckus lol....

T

TribalSeeds

Anyone notice the asteroid that passed between us and the moon a couple of days ago that NASA didnt notice until it was about to happen?

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
the world ended in the 90's. This is an alternate reality/dream state you are experiencing. Were all already dead. Welcome to the afterlife!

S

Space Ghost

the can noises are coming from INSIDE the cat!!!! we're doomed....

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
People cashed in on this Mayan Baktun.
When the missionaries "converted" the Mayans they destroyed their culture, a large part of which was calenders.

The had all kinds of calenders that followed many aspects of nature. There were more calenders, they were simply destroyed.

The end that was being manipulated into apocolypse, was the end of an era. This being an era of chaos and disorder. Now we are entering the a new era. An era of unity and togetherness.

Another way of looking at it is we are leaving the night and entering dawn. Night being darkness, and Dawn being the threshold of illumination.
From what I have gathered, we should start seeing alot more beneficial advancements in society through, technology, agriculture, arts and music etc.
Which would also be an expansion of our species consciousness.

They way I look at it is roughly like this....

12 21 2012 the end of their world.
12 22 2012 the start of ours.

Things are looking good with two states legalizing cannabis.

Happy Solstice

PS heres a link
http://www.sacred-texts.com/time/cal/mayacal.htm

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
The Maya never said the world was ending, it just happens to be the end of the long count calender, that just so happens to start over.

Besides 11:11-12am gmt is supposed to be the time it we go in to the "new age"

M

moodster

i wonder what happens to all these authors who was writing about the apocalpze will they still have a job?:

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
now everyone can go back to believing in the rapture and think as if that too is going to happen in our lifetime...