Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Fungus gnats or WINGED ROOT APHIDS???

Thread Title Search
Fungus gnats or WINGED ROOT APHIDS??? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-21-2017, 01:09 AM #3681
blazingbudz

blazingbudz has a spectacular aura aboutblazingbudz has a spectacular aura aboutblazingbudz has a spectacular aura about
Ok thank you for the help
blazingbudz is offline Quote

Old 11-04-2017, 05:08 PM #3682
davidyhan

davidyhan is on a distinguished road
Hi guys I have a quick question.. I caught couple fungus gnats on my sticky traps so out of precaution I check the top of my rock wools and I find some crawlers near the stem. I use floraflex caps so most of my rock wools are covered Exept the middle around the stems. To my understanding fungus gnats don’t have crawlers that look like mites. So does this mean I have root aphids? I can’t provide any pictures at the moment but they are like little tiny white mite looking things on top of the Rockwool especially where the green algae is. And I also see some larvae with black tip at the end.
davidyhan is offline Quote

Old 11-04-2017, 05:17 PM #3683
davidyhan

I’ve had ra in the past so I know for sure the flyers that were caught on my traps are def fungus gnAts. And also I’ve been using og biowar so I didn’t think I would have any problems. I’ve been giving about a cup of full strength tea once a week to each Rockwools. (Hugo’s) so this time I dunked the entired Rockwool in the full strength og biowar and now I don’t see any more crawlers or larvaes. Does anyone know if og biowar tea full strength kills eggs too? And also do ra ever get immune to og biowar teas? I am planning another full Hugo dunk in about three days followed by Bayer tree and shrub 10ml/g dunk in another 3 days.

Old 11-04-2017, 06:37 PM #3684
Jhhnn
Banned

Jhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraculous Meds View Post
its a fungus gnat. I like gnatrol, but mosquito dunks work too. once or twice a month as a preventative, or twice a week to treat an infestation.
Gnatrol is pro-grade fungus gnat control. In soil, a single application at 1 tbsp/gal of water beats them down, hard. I just thoroughly wet the soil with the solution. I like to mix it with ewc tea. Per the instructions & my personal experience 3 applications a week apart will deal with even a very heavy infestation.

I'll never eliminate them from my organic soil grow because they ride in with worm casting & compost. I let them get out of hand once a couple of years ago & won't let that happen again with gnatrol on hand.
Jhhnn is offline Quote

Old 11-04-2017, 11:10 PM #3685
Granger2

Granger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to behold
Your Bayer Tree & Shrub dunk is serious overkill. You'll be smoking imid. Gnatrol, per Jhhnn, will do the job. Good luck. -granger

Old 11-05-2017, 12:33 AM #3686
davidyhan

I forgot to mention I’m still in veg. About 2 weeks from flip. I’ve used it in the past but after reading about gnatrol I am thinking gnatrol is way to go. Just read few hours of this thread and I think I just might have soil mites. I wish I took some pictures before my initial og biowar dunk..

Old 11-05-2017, 03:06 AM #3687
davidyhan

https://https://www.icmag.com/ic/att...1&d=1509843788

Old 11-05-2017, 03:08 AM #3688
davidyhan

Hmm I’m trying to post pictures and it’s not working. I’ve been using icmag for info for years and I never posted anything before.

Old 11-05-2017, 03:15 AM #3689
davidyhan

https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=43 4448&stc=1&d=1509844224[/url]

Old 11-05-2017, 03:17 AM #3690
davidyhan

Those pictures are not even mine. I need to learn how to use this thing first before I start asking questions. Lol