What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How long are folks flushing?

blubear

What about when RO is used all the way through the plants life? If you give the plants PH'd water with no nutes, you'd be sitting around 5ppm.

However, if I used plain city tap water it varies between 450-750ppm.

So my question is, what's the difference between RO with some nutrients that read at a low ppm versus plain city tap water that reads at a high ppm?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Dissolved solids don't necessarily mean nutrients.

Hard water doesn't have much in the way of robust plant nutrition but contains plenty of calcium.

My question is why have you only posted once in over a year? :D

Recently went through this....hard water was causing my herb to burn a darker ash...I procrastinated changing my RO filters out and even at 140ppm, everything else the same, it make a drastic difference

Lots of plain water flushing... I thought that’s a big no no in coco?? Heard either super diluted nutes and nute flush, or use a flushing agent? I’m not expert just trying to figure out when I should start flushing, I’m entering week 8 and still clear trichomes. Don’t wanna risk flushing to early?

Pumpkin

Veteran
It's not a big stress if you flush to early. aim for a week, but if you end up flushing for two weeks, healthy plants won't even notice it. Plenty of stored sugars to burn. If you have a large vegetative mass and plants are healthy, an early flush will not present any issues and rarely a loss in yield that is significant to bother about. Plants can feed off thier stored resources for a lot longer than you think.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Yeah that is all I mean, plain water or any of the products out there like flawless finish. Your question did get me reading about it and it seems the idea is not as decided as I believed so I might need to do a side by side to recheck my beliefs.
Please do!!!
This is a side by side I have been wanting to see for a while now!

Good luck.