What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Potassium deficient

DrDee

Aimeone,
The thing with the water selection is that your nutrients need to be matched to it. So select a water source that you can live with and stick with it. CreeperPark's suggestion is fine if it rains enough there. And his advice to just use water till finished...is fair advice. Better then anything I had to offer. Good luck...
JD

maimunji

I just can't understand dude flush and flush and flush and everything goes to shit and peoples advice to flush more because everything is burned over feeding blah blah . Next time when you feel they need more K give em instead make thread and asking for help. Thats best advice i can give you. Good luck.

Absolem

I just can't understand dude flush and flush and flush and everything goes to shit and peoples advice to flush more because everything is burned over feeding blah blah . Next time when you feel they need more K give em instead make thread and asking for help. Thats best advice i can give you. Good luck.

Agreed.

The medium has been leached excessively. Not a drop of plant feed left and people still claiming the plants are overfed.

Slownickel is a master grower. Dude knows his plants.

DrDee

Hey Aimone,
I don't recall you commenting on repeated flushes. But anywhoo...how are the plants? What have you tried and did it work?
JD

aimeone

Hey Aimone,
I don't recall you commenting on repeated flushes. But anywhoo...how are the plants? What have you tried and did it work?
JD

Hi Dee and all the other peeps here. First of all thanks for your help again. At the end I decided to just put ph regulated, bottled water with a moderate amount of calcium, mg and hydrogencarbonat.
I need to say they didn’t recover but also they didn’t turn into something worse and now I’m round about 1-2 weeks before harvest. Seems like it will not end up with the biggest harvest but at the end maybe 0,3g/w. I’ll keep you updated about the result.
I guess I’ll stay next time with this water because I don’t totally trust in the tab water here. But like I said. Maybe ill try a little experiment.
Also I’ll probably start non organic, so with mineral plant food and soil. Seems somehow easier to me not to worry about the microorganisms and just set up the right ph and ec

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
thanks

thanks

Hey bro, the most important thing is learn from all of our mistakes! Almost everyone I know has ran into problems with growing at one time or another! Because its not easy at first! When I relate to someones thread, then mostly I remembering how I fucked up on my own past grows. With every set-back there is growth in growing skills. I bet if you asked any of the people working with your thread if they ever had a grow like this one, they would say yes. Since you are opened minded I bet the next will be killer! So remember you didn't fail, you succeeded by learning new strategies! With every setback theirs a step forward. Good Luck!

aimeone

Hi guys. Guess who’s back :D
After my last grow I decided to change some things. First thing was trying another soil. A non organic soil. I thought maybe is a little easier to not take of the microbacteria but put all the effort in the plants. Second thing is I ordered a ph and ec Meter to have under control what water I give to my plants.
So here I am. I started from new and it seems like I’m running into the same type of problems. After repotting the plants in the final pots and soil they exploded in several days. They got soo bushy and huge. Everything seemed fine. At the same time I changed my 180w Hans Panel to flowering mode and it feels like since then it goes into the wrong direction. Started again on some tips turning brown and getting wilted. Now it seems like starting that the colour is fading away between the wains. It looks like a starting mag or potassium deficiency. But I’m not sure.
I started to research a little more on that and found some interesting threads about people having deficiencies under led lights especially mag. Funny thing is that years ago I was growing under hps never having this problems. I will post some pictures tomorrow. But my questions to you guys. Ever heard something similar? I already sprayed some epson salt diluted in water.

Cvh

Supermod
What's the pH of your soil and runoff?
Also how much cal/mag did you apply?

I ran into something similar a while ago when I was trying to figure out the dosage of a selfmade dry organic cal/mag using straight (Algea) calcium and kieserite. It was ridiculously strong.
A short while after applying it looked like I had a P, Mg and Cal defficiency.
I messed up the pH of my soil because of to much calcium and that the excessive Mg wasn't doing good either.

Another idea might be you're experiencing light burn. Sometimes it looks a bit like cal/mag or P deff.
Is the issue in the top of the plant?

DrDee

Hi Aimone,
I'm running a mixed spectrum with Lumigrow led and cmh. Burned the first run. These damn leds can be powerful and will damage a plant. Can you dim it or raise it?

I don't have a clear understanding of the calmag issue as it relates to led. But it isn't necessary to understand the science all the time...just that they can use and need more CA mostly and Mg to a lesser degree (is my understanding).
JD

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Aimone,
I'm running a mixed spectrum with Lumigrow led and cmh. Burned the first run. These damn leds can be powerful and will damage a plant. Can you dim it or raise it?

I don't have a clear understanding of the calmag issue as it relates to led. But it isn't necessary to understand the science all the time...just that they can use and need more CA mostly and Mg to a lesser degree (is my understanding).
JD

The LED won't take heavy fertilization, metabolism under LED is much slower.

Sunshineinabag

Id be interested in reading more about thus slownickel if u wouldn't mind helping with a link or something please.
Fun fact. I just had to explain to a local "hydro shop" owner that dirt is dead......soil has life. :tiphat:

aimeone

What's the pH of your soil and runoff?
Also how much cal/mag did you apply?

Right now i cannot tell you the ph of the soil or runoff, but i`ll measure it next time. The solution had around 6,5 lowered down from 7,5. Havent add any CalMag yet, just put a foilure spray of some water and epson salt (once)

Another idea might be you're experiencing light burn. Sometimes it looks a bit like cal/mag or P deff.
Is the issue in the top of the plant?

Could be as well. I already highered the lamp 35 cm (around 15 inches) distance. But i wouldnt bet on that since the symptoms dont appear on top. They appear on middle and mature leaves.

aimeone

Hi Aimone,

JD

Hi Dee,

hope its not against the board rules but here are some threads i was reading.

https://www.autoflower.net/forums/threads/unstoppable-mag-deficiency-under-led.33220/

https://www.rollitup.org/t/need-information-on-cal-mag-deficiencies-when-using-led-lights.936000/

https://www.rollitup.org/t/led-lighting-and-deficiencies.937754/

aimeone

Hi slownickel,

that is interesting. It doesnt match with the experiences described in the threads i was reading (see my quotes under dee`s post)

I`ll not say something is right or wrong but as always there so many different opinions and in my situation i jump forth and back. Always when i think i figured out the problem there is an opposite opinion.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The sensitivity to stress conditions usually says to me that you don't have enough Ca in your cell walls. We see this on grapes, avos, mango and even citrus. Fruit on the SW side always burns in lousy farms In soils managed with high Ca, they don't burn anymore.

Once you get a plant with enough Ca, you may be surprised that you don't know your strain anymore. Then folks start to see a bunch of other deficiencies as the first bottle neck has been alleviated.

@sunshine... not sure where to find that written for you. This is from personal experience. Side by side. Same cut, etc... Maybe I should publish that... nah.
Weed is a Ca bio-accumulator. She loves Ca, B and Mn in quantities that are scary.

aimeone

The sensitivity to stress conditions usually says to me that you don't have enough Ca in your cell walls. We see this on grapes, avos, mango and even citrus. Once you get a plant with enough Ca, you may be surprised that you don't know your strain anymore. Then folks start to see a bunch of other deficiencies as the first bottle neck has been alleviated.

Hmm, the water i put has around 65mg/l of calcium so it is on the border to be hard.

Latest posts

Latest posts