What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mass Grass 2018

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Been outside two weeks now with 18 plants. Not sure about regular rec grow, but for med card only mature plants count. I'm thinking there could be losses before they start flowering so a few spares won't hurt. Biggest ones are about 4 feet now and I'm thinking 10 gallon pots might not be enough.

GG4
OGKB 2.0
Scout Breath
Forum Cookies
ECSD
White Widow
Strawberry Kush

Nice mix of goodness :yummy:

NENugger

Tell us more

Tell us more

More recently I have been hearing about micro grow permits. Basically you apply for a permit to supply legal rec shops/businesses. Been hearing they will look more favourably at outdoor greenhouses for more efficient less carbon footprint of indoor. That is the direction I am trying to go if possible.:tiphat:

Hey OG_NoMan, that sounds interesting any links or sources to look at? I would like to learn more about those micro grow permits option.
I think we have it pretty good here in Ma based on what I've read on some of the icmag outdoor threads in Ky or Wv.
Course I just grow the limit numbers/personal for my lady and I.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Hey OG_NoMan, that sounds interesting any links or sources to look at? I would like to learn more about those micro grow permits option.
I think we have it pretty good here in Ma based on what I've read on some of the icmag outdoor threads in Ky or Wv.
Course I just grow the limit numbers/personal for my lady and I.

My only source for this is from a couple people in the business but they seem pretty certain this will be an option in the near future. Was talking with the people at canna care where I get my med card and they were under the same impression. Actually it makes alot of sense just look at the medical shops and how frequently they are out of meds. With the rec shops coming on line this year I dont think there are enough producers to supply everything.

NENugger

Thanks, I like the sound of that. Maybe one day we'll have roadside bud stands just like tomatoes and corn. I could dig that.

NENugger

Bangi Haze clone seems to like outdoors.

picture.php

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Hit the girls with a nice neem spray fully soaking under and top of foliage. Will start thuricide for the caterpillars in 2 weeks then alternating back to neem and so on. Still gotta get my mulch spread but I definitely have some time this wekend. Happy growin :)

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Shits supposed to hit 99 this weekend around here. Do ya'll do anything special if the temperature gets that high?

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Dam that was allot of rain. The girls loved it. The last one from indoors only had a couple days outdoors. It took a pounding. Today I'll get some plant stakes and straps on it.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Mine took the storm well. Gonna try to get the mulch spread today to trap the moisture, supposed to be pretty hot for the next week. They seem pretty happy with there home :woohoo: gotta start some training and topping, trying for bushes this year instead of trees.

picture.php

fatigues

Veteran
What up fellow Mass Holes :biggrin: I thought we could all share our comings and goings of this years season. This year I am gonna try keeping my plants shorter and bushier cause last year was a pain in the ass taking care of 13 foot christmas trees. I put my plants out yesterday from a t5 to shade with some filtered sun.

I've pulled up a chair here as I'm a noob when it comes to outdoor growing - but a pending change in the law in Canada has me keen to learn as much as I can before next spring's planting!

In terms of plants, it sounds like those were clones vegged under T5's? They look to be under the lights for a total of about 5-6 weeks or so from cutting? Is there a reason you did not top them a week before you transplanted to ground?

30 gallon a hole, so roughly a 2x2 with the top of the hole spread out? Is there a reason you went 30 gallon, instead of 20 or 40? What are your expectations here for harvest per plant?

The Biggie: My biggest question though concerns your choice to put these out in late June. I plan to put mine out around May 20, along with the rest of my garden as is traditional at 43'N - nearly a month earlier than you have put out yours. I expect a harvest between Oct 5-15th, assuming all goes well.

So why did you wait so late to put your plants in the dirt? Were your cuttings done too late and just not ready in late May?

With your 13 foot trees last year, were the plants the same size as you put out now, from cutting or seed, and when did you put them out?

(Sorry for all the questions!)

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
I've pulled up a chair here as I'm a noob when it comes to outdoor growing - but a pending change in the law in Canada has me keen to learn as much as I can before next spring's planting!

In terms of plants, it sounds like those were clones vegged under T5's? They look to be under the lights for a total of about 5-6 weeks or so from cutting? Is there a reason you did not top them a week before you transplanted to ground?

30 gallon a hole, so roughly a 2x2 with the top of the hole spread out? Is there a reason you went 30 gallon, instead of 20 or 40? What are your expectations here for harvest per plant?

The Biggie: My biggest question though concerns your choice to put these out in late June. I plan to put mine out around May 20, along with the rest of my garden as is traditional at 43'N - nearly a month earlier than you have put out yours. I expect a harvest between Oct 5-15th, assuming all goes well.

So why did you wait so late to put your plants in the dirt? Were your cuttings done too late and just not ready in late May?

With your 13 foot trees last year, were the plants the same size as you put out now, from cutting or seed, and when did you put them out?

(Sorry for all the questions!)

Pretty much a noob myself at least when it comes to actually growing plants. This is my 2nd outdoor grow but have been reading and learning for years just not able to practice due to multiple reasons. As far as hole they are in a garden so I consider the whole garden a big Pot. I dig out a @ 30 gallons so that soil is easy for the roots to grow into. Most of the plants have been topped and cloned a couple times, and a few are untopped clones all from indoor to out. I prefer clones because I know what they will do so I lay them out accordingly. They were the same size but I never topped them last year nor did I do any pruning. Taking what I learned last year to try to do better this year. They went in the ground when I could get them in the ground as I have alot of medical issues :tiphat: I am shooting for 1/2 - 1 per plant :biggrin:

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Out of 6 plants last year I definitely had 12 but @8.5 ended up in my woods due to pm,and bud rot from the caterpillars the 3+ i was left with was great. Got different genetics this year thanks to a lurker on this thread ;) so lets see how this goes hoping to harvest end of oct but we will see what life deal us. I got to get a surgery this fall some time so as always life is hectic.
Good luck out there :biggrin:

fatigues

Veteran
It certainly is not ideal to be starting this late. They will essentially skip veg and be flowering from the start. Your yield would be much lower than would ordinarily be expected. That said, last I checked, there are a lot of growers on ICM who are aggressive and go 12/12 from the very start.

Plus, it's outdoors. You are not paying for the light. If you are in an area where you can grow legally, you have the added benefit of being able to babysit them and make sure they get what they appear to need as they grow.

You won't get trees, but you'll get a plant that will produce weed. There are entire sub-forums on ICM devoted to growing in less space, with FAR less light, in about the same time as starting now from seed would bring.

Nobody growing in a cabinet, closet, or a PC case thought they were "wasting" their seeds if they got an ounce or two out of it at the end of the day. You should still end up with far more than that.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
GG4
OGKB 2.0
Scout Breath
Forum Cookies
Girl Scout Cookies TM
ECSD
White Widow
Strawberry Kush
picture.php

fatigues

Veteran
Thanks for the attempt but this is absolutely not true. We just had the longest day of the year. Flowering doesn't typically start until mid to late August when the days reach about the. 14 hour mark.

Depending on your latitude? Agreed. You'll get a plant at least before it goes to stretch. If it was grown inside, depending on method and light, 18" to 2' before it "flips". I have no idea how fast it will grow outside from seed if planted this weekend. I've never grown outside!

I do think we agree that it's not a waste of your seeds though. :)

Swamp Thang

Veteran
GG4
OGKB 2.0
Scout Breath
Forum Cookies
Girl Scout Cookies TM
ECSD
White Widow
Strawberry Kush
View Image

Oh, to live where one can plant at at home, right in the garden, with no hassles. Hope I live to see that day in this neck of the woods.

Sure am tired of wading through swamp and mud, getting bitten by nasty bugs, and sneaking about like a criminal, just to raise some plants for my own personal use. This picture put me in a melancholy mood. The law is indeed an ass.

Latest posts

Latest posts