What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Social Group - Liberals

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
It's really not just liberals, but open to anyone who is progressive or left leaning on at least some of the issues. The plan is to be able to have a place with intelligent reasonable conversation on different aspects of the issues and current events without being swarmed. :laughing:

PM me if you are interested and you will get an invite.

Z

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Good luck, sure hope you do better than your alt-right counterpart social group Not A Safe Place, that place has been dead ever since DocTim left.:)

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Ah politics, the one subject that can turn the best of friends in to enemies.

Personally, I think ICmag was better when political threads weren't allowed. I know there was a much more active community here back then centered on weed rather than social issues.
... considering the world BS we must endure daily, I am really surprise to see this. On 99% of the forums politics are taboo, for the reasons mentioned here. In my humble opinion it is nice to get away from it every now and again.
My vote -1

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Why do people insist on making these threads on a cannabis forum?

If you have spent anytime here or in a bar you would know that politics and religion discussions ALWAYS wind up in a fight.

Hell, we can't even discuss breeders and seedbanks without arguing.

Best of luck to your social group tho

armedoldhippy

Veteran
"liberal leaning on at least some issues" looks like everyone here (almost, lol) would qualify except for the asshat wearing folks that want to keep weed illegal to protect their profit stream while their customers got arrested...:tiphat: i'm in.:dance013:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Zeez bro, have you thought about or developed a secret handshake yet???

probably a subject best suited to discussion behind closed doors, cya there :good:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Fact of the matter is that people like to talk politics and religion, and as long as stuff like that stays in the appropriate forum (Tokers Den) or social group then I can see no harm so long as members behave in a civil manner during debates/threads, respect each other, and at least try to behave like adults so avoiding the thread/post from getting shut down/deleted and members sanctioned. If you don't like to engage in threads of that nature then don't go there, its that simple.

99% of everything else on the site is cannabis orientated.

CaptainDankness

Lol, the liberals are forming a safe space.:laughing:

Kind of pointless IMO, you still need to beat the Republicans if you want a true liberal Utopia.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well hopefully we dont see the same division show up on the site as we are having in USA. Because the politics in the USA has definitely divided this nation. Lets just work hard at not letting it divide us any more then it already has.

oldchuck

Veteran
I kinda don't like the name and I kinda don't like the exclusionary intent. What about us revolutionaries since the 60s who seriously look down on "liberals?" Then there is the annoying kind of discussion where everybody thinks alike and all you can say is yeah, yeah. Boring. Political discussions can be great but only when there is some spice in the mix.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I started the group. Anyone is welcomed but you enter knowing about the content. The intent is not to be exclusionary but to have conversation among like minded people without being swarmed and hassled. Chuck, if you join the group and propose a name change that the majority agrees with then it will be done.

I was a longhair too.

Gry

I kinda don't like the name and I kinda don't like the exclusionary intent. What about us revolutionaries since the 60s who seriously look down on "liberals?" Then there is the annoying kind of discussion where everybody thinks alike and all you can say is yeah, yeah. Boring. Political discussions can be great but only when there is some spice in the mix.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You may not vote on any more threads today. [/FONT]

Gry

Good luck, sure hope you do better than your alt-right counterpart social group Not A Safe Place, that place has been dead ever since DocTim left.:)

I thought it to be a worthwhile project, and have to say they made repeated efforts to be inclusive.

Many threads have an ebb and flow, and everything runs at it's own pace.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
The site is a reflection of its members and what they are going thru in their lives, in their nation, country or local and they have the opportunity to discuss what is good or bad about their individual situation here around being a growers/breeder cannabis enthusiast....or just someone who is interested in cannabis, whether that touches on politics or religion is not something that should be censored.

If we don't talk about what divides us, how will we ever be united?

Without knowledge and information from both sides of an argument how are we ever to make an informed decision?

You cannot expect everyone to have exactly the same opinion on every given topic and harmony to always exist......plus, so I have found, things start to get interesting if there is at least a little friction to solve.

Currently the Tokers Den is the busiest forum on ICMAG. so lets keep it interesting with threads that entertain and educate, and try keep it free of the nasty shit.

Well hopefully we dont see the same division show up on the site as we are having in USA. Because the politics in the USA has definitely divided this nation. Lets just work hard at not letting it divide us any more then it already has.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fact of the matter is that people like to talk politics and religion, and as long as stuff like that stays in the appropriate forum (Tokers Den) or social group then I can see no harm so long as members behave in a civil manner during debates/threads, respect each other, and at least try to behave like adults so avoiding the thread/post from getting shut down/deleted and members sanctioned. If you don't like to engage in threads of that nature then don't go there, its that simple.

99% of everything else on the site is cannabis orientated.

There's another forum I've been a member of for 17 years. It got so bad the owner of the site made a dedicated forum for political discussions. And the very first rule of it was "Have thick skin! No whining is allowed and your feelings will get hurt. If you don't like it, leave."

It's worked for the last 12 years or so.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
I thought it to be a worthwhile project, and have to say they made repeated efforts to be inclusive.

Many threads have an ebb and flow, and everything runs at it's own pace.

:laughing: ..... on a side note, it looks like I'm no longer a member of Not A Safe Place anymore, VTA gave me THE BOOT!!!! :biggrin::tiphat:

So much for 'inclusive'. :cry: