Forums > Marijuana Growing > New Growers > ALWAYS happens on FLIP

Thread Title Search
ALWAYS happens on FLIP Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2018, 08:28 AM #1
Packer420

Packer420 is on a distinguished road
ALWAYS happens on FLIP

Another noob question masters..
Why on earth do my plants look so lush and green and healthy during veg but then when I move them into the flower tent and gets flipped. they begin to yellow. Specially new growth.

Would there be common concerns when this transition happens, it is always the case. always.

Thanks in advance masters.

Packer420 is offline Quote

Old 09-10-2018, 08:38 AM #2
Chemdawggy Dawg

Chemdawggy Dawg is a jewel in the roughChemdawggy Dawg is a jewel in the roughChemdawggy Dawg is a jewel in the roughChemdawggy Dawg is a jewel in the roughChemdawggy Dawg is a jewel in the roughChemdawggy Dawg is a jewel in the roughChemdawggy Dawg is a jewel in the rough
You need to feed them more.
Chemdawggy Dawg is offline Quote

Old 09-10-2018, 08:59 AM #3
Packer420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemdawggy Dawg View Post
You need to feed them more.
Thanks so I feed with ewc tea only and sprinkled with kelp and some guano on the pantyhose. Also dressed with epsoms.

It always happens. Will feed more.

Old 09-10-2018, 11:53 AM #4
Lost in a SOG

Lost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud of
It shouldn't, is it old growth that yellows or new growth?

What size pots are you using?
Lost in a SOG is online now Quote

Old 09-11-2018, 03:19 AM #5
Packer420

New growth.. I think one of them is going hermie on me.. its a feminized NL from nirvana. :(

Old 09-11-2018, 04:24 AM #6
Mlewis1987

Mlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really nice
I noticed my plants looking worse on the flip also. Then last grow I left my MH bulb in for an extra week or so after the flip and realized what I was seeing was the difference between the MH and HPS bulbs. Not that your as dumb as I am lol but I never quite realized how different that HPS glow was that everyone speaks of. It made my noob eyes think I was deficient
Mlewis1987 is offline Quote

Old 09-12-2018, 08:55 AM #7
Packer420

I could really see the difference the color of the NEW growth from inside the tent and out though. so definitely not lighting.

Old 09-12-2018, 12:25 PM #8
Scrappy-doo

Scrappy-doo has a brilliant futureScrappy-doo has a brilliant futureScrappy-doo has a brilliant futureScrappy-doo has a brilliant futureScrappy-doo has a brilliant futureScrappy-doo has a brilliant futureScrappy-doo has a brilliant futureScrappy-doo has a brilliant futureScrappy-doo has a brilliant futureScrappy-doo has a brilliant futureScrappy-doo has a brilliant future
Could be transition shock if you're going from a somewhat weak light in veg to a more intense light for flower. I'll put new plants going into the flower room in the corner or place it so it's shaded by another plant that's already been in there and is adjusted.

Could also raise your light for the stretch if you're not perpetual. Once stretch is over the established leaves will harden and be able to handle full power.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=299402
Scrappy-doo is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:28 PM #9
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer420 View Post
Thanks so I feed with ewc tea only and sprinkled with kelp and some guano on the pantyhose. Also dressed with epsoms.

STOP top dressing with EPSOM...

Use it ONLY as a foliar.

It WILL funk up your soil mix and lock out everything.

Top dress with a balanced flower nute (5-5-5 or similar) and a little bit of gypsum.
MJPassion is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:05 PM #10
Switcher56
Confortably numb!

Switcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer420 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPassion View Post
STOP top dressing with EPSOM...

Use it ONLY as a foliar.

It WILL funk up your soil mix and lock out everything.

Top dress with a balanced flower nute (5-5-5 or similar) and a little bit of gypsum.
Stop screwing the pooch and get yourself a proper nutrient program. There is lots to choose from!
Switcher56 is offline Quote