What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

getting microbe products tested for confirmation?

mcnasty

Does anyone know where I could go to get some of these beneficial microbe products tested? After seeing those tests done showing that most of the products they tested contained little to none of the stuff they claimed, i'd like to check and see if the products im using are actually any good.

mcnasty

yeah I read those. There are a ton of products on there I've never even heard of, and almost none of the ones I use are on there. I saw microbe life stuff is there and they actually had the stuff they said they had. I been doing a ton of microbe research since I just switched from dead rez to microbes in my flood and drain and have seen a HUGE improvement. I want to make sure all the stuff i use is real (and i think the community would like that info). I'm also looking to find where these companies get microbes. Why can't I buy a ton of raw microbes bulk?!?! :p

mcnasty

Hey the guy who PMd me, can you send another msg? Im interested in what you were talking about, and can PM now. FOr some reason it didn't keep a log of the PM and I don't remember the name

Farm Hero

I know a fella that uses a microscope to look at his compost tea to know when it is at its peak.

I'm not sure of a lab that identifies microbes, sure someone does but it probably isn't cheap.

Good question.... "trust, but verify" is more important now than ever.

stim

some bacteria (microbe) products are made by growing plants like legumes that create large microbe populations. Then you dry out the plants during their final stage of life (don't water them) and take out the root ball and grind it up hence those white powder products. Others create their own microbes in a lab or have parent microbe farms that they harvest from for the products.