What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What has Cannabis helped you with, personally?

As we all hear and see the great medical benefits after all those cannabis seeds grow up to blossum like this:

:peacock:

It begs the question, what has Cannabis helped you with directly? What do you use it for, and how well does it work? Feel free to mention the strain too, just for reference for those that might want to know :)

Sorry in advance if there is a thread similar to this, but I didn't really see one. Just one's talking specifically about medical benefits and other's about particular conditions.

rykus

Helped me stay outa prison or a bell tower, lol, helped me endur schooling, working and basically dealing with herds of low intellect consumer meat sacks selfishly wandering about whining about, well ,themselves ,their troubles.Basically taking up space and air perfectly adept and useful nature could otherwise occupy. But yeah a nice joint and a coffee on a mountain with some plants and none of that shit matters...

I feel better just thinking about marijuana.

That and people just assume I'm really high and not a manic bipolar sociopath, helps...

Helped me stay outa prison or a bell tower, lol, helped me endur schooling, working and basically dealing with herds of low intellect consumer meat sacks selfishly wandering about whining about, well ,themselves ,their troubles.Basically taking up space and air perfectly adept and useful nature could otherwise occupy. But yeah a nice joint and a coffee on a mountain with some plants and none of that shit matters...

I feel better just thinking about marijuana.

That and people just assume I'm really high and not a manic bipolar sociopath, helps...

Ahh, so in your case it's to help with a lot of stress relief and more focus. Seem's like a pretty good use to me, I would think. Haha!

And yeah, they often do that eh? Makes me want to avoid big cities like New York like the plague.

So I guess you could say :thank you: to those little Cannabis Seeds growing into some awesome bud, eh?

sadpanda

1) CBD oil stopped my seizures and allowed me to completely stop taking prescription sodium valproate.
You could argue that cannabis saved my life there, as you never know which seizure is going to be your last. It's certainly given me back quality of life, and i now no longer fear going to sleep each night.

2) i was an alcoholic for a few years (havent had a drop in ~5 years), and when i quit cold turkey an interesting side effect was that it completely took my appetite with it, i guess my stomach wasn't use to the change either but my brain certainly didn't like it, and i dropped from ~90 to 48kgs in just a few months. Using cannabis and medicinal quantities of pizza and fried chicken I was quickly able to halt the downward spiral and send the scales heading back up into where i am now, which is "normal bodyweight for my height", and my appetite is normalized - i dont need pot and i can even eat breakfast which i never used to.
You could argue that cannabis saved my life a second time there, because it seemed impossible to get my appetite back without it.

But yeah lets use our taxpayer dollars to keep cannabis schedule I while methamphetamine & cocaine are schedule II and ketamine is schedule III and Xanax benzos are schedule IV, because we need to ensure the boards of private prisons and big pharmas and big liquor get ridiculously rich at the health and welfare of the people.

Cannabis saved my life.
It helped me with seizures brought on by extreme bouts of vomiting caused by a morphine dependency. I was hospitalized 27 times in 18 months, lost 100 pounds. I would vomit for 12-14 hrs at a time. A friend convinced me to smoke some Indica. We had an all night session with me puking and him being there having me smoke.
By morning, I felt better than I had in months, even though I lost 6 pounds in that 24 hr stretch.
I started smoking that day on a regular basis, sometimes up to an ounce a week, in order to control what was going on with me. I have only been hospitalized twice since then. both times I ran out of smoke.
I also used it help control withdraw symptons when I cut myself off of the morphine. Without Cannabis, I firmly believe I would have died.
I still use it today, and im off the prescription painkillers completely, even after 9 back surgeries and a total hip replacement .

AeroKush102

It helped me with my ADHD and ability to see through temporary situations. I started playing chess and I learned to slow down and think past my initial wanting to just move a man, or act on impulse. it help me focus and assisted my ability to apply intelligence and strategy to my life. Cannabis introduced me to friends that i never knew, and gave me common ground with other individuals with elevated mind-states. Cannabis brought me a wife and kids, and allowed change into my life. Cannabis helped me push bitch ass chumps out of my vision and kept me focused on life's marathon instead of quick reactions that carried stiff penalties. Cannabis kept me out of prison because I learned that I reap what I sow, synthetically or organically. Cannabis pointed me in the right direction of what to eat, because I saw how different nutrients reacted to similar plants when I feed it. Cannabis helped me understand my ka from ba, when I was trying to drive home high as hell on Thai with two daughters waiting on papa to walk through the door and I felt like i was driving on a wall for the last 4 miles. I can keep going for days....

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
im eatting moar tacos than eveah !!!

picture.php

MKGROW

I use alcohol infused tincher for diverticulitis and arthritis in my knees
And I smoke or vape to help with PTSD and sleep
Works for me every time

Koosmom

I have fibromyalgia, copd, anxiety attacks, ptsd, was in a wreck in 2006 so now I have a messed up back and arthritis in my back and both hips. I also suffer from depression. I also have skin that is so painful I can't hardly wear regular cloths. I have been on morphine for a number of years, then went to Percocet, oxycotton you name it I've been on it! Also on a number of psych meds. I came off everything, I had had enough! Started smoking in January 2017, don't know the strain it was street. To start with I was smoking 5 times a day. To date I smoke 3 times a day and feel so much better, its unbelievable! My pain, anxiety, muscle spasm everything is better. I can now wear cloths, and I can get in the tub. My pain is better too, but not gone because I don't have access to the correct strain I'm needing. Ill never go back to pharmaceuticals!

L

Livelyup

Helps with STRESS of daily life and having to deal with people who don't smoke weed. It reminds me that I'm not the insane one in this world.

Currently growing some high CBD/low THC strains so that I can smoke in the morning without getting high and not feel like I'm in the Brave New World or 1984.

Indicas like Black Domina definitely help with good sleep and evening relaxation.

Hort1

As a child I as troubled by night terrors to the point where I as afraid to even go to bed at night.In my teens I discovered that a few puffs as all I needed for peaceful sleep.When I travel and dont smoke I have found the nightmares return after 10-14 days break from smoking.

G

ganjygav

Ptsd,brain injury and depression.
Took a bash to the head. Had to be put in a coma for my brain to heal. After I was released from hospital I went through a complete personality change.

Suffered flash backs,withdrew into myself. I had massive rage problems. I thought people were out to get me so I got them first.

I had head and mind problems that no medication or head shrink could help with.

Started smoking Cannabis, my world changed. I'm still distant from people, I find it hard to hold conversations but life is so calm. I've got my shit together now.
I'm still different to what I was, apparently that's the brain injury but without Cannabis I would most certainly would have taken my own life or hurt someone.

Growing these plants also has had a positive effect on my mental health. It's the only thing I've managed to be constant with. I lose interest in almost everything real quick.
It's given me something I can talk about with passion. That is a rarity for me.

Unfortunately for me I'm an UK citizen

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
Once upon a time it helped me buy a new car...yeehaw....it helps me laugh at a holes instead of strangle them...

Easy7

Veteran
For me cannabis is a bit of a religion of sorts. Raised Catholic so religion is a bit scary in the past. Cannabis will be around longer than any of us and a source of healing and good vibes. Shame that it's been illegal. People usually get a long smoking the herb or whichever method used. Lot's of gold memories!

angelgoob

This gonna sound bad.

This was years ago. My girlfriend broke up with me. It hit me harder than expected. I cried outloud to God even.

I had a plan to jump from a high place onto concrete. So right before I do that. I smoke a bowl.

I stop crying. I am feeling good. In fact I am not bothered.

My rational thoughts have returned. My heart didn't hurt from anxiety.

I blew clouds from my metal bowl that day and it saved me literally. I would not be here speaking or thinking, doing anything. not changing the world. Not seeing my sister's kids grow up.

Now I live to get high another day. I would be dead if it weren't for the fact I smoked weed.

B

bigganjabud

My adhd
Depression at times
Bouts of insomnia
Stress
Loss of appetite
Daily routine
And the need to escape now and then

angelgoob

This is almost a bigger problem that suicide. Boredom and depression.

If you don't take care of those, life could lose meaning.

I suggest c99 or a sativa.

zilo

Inspiration is a big one for me.

Also, the herb helps reveal you to yourself.

Give thanks.