What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Megayields VERT Paradise...c'mon in!

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok gang this is going to be a total Megayield event! :laughing:

Changes we made to the room;

1) Upgraded to 1150 cfm inline fan
2) Upgraded to 1400 CFM Phresh Filter
3) Adding new 3rd shelf this weekend for about 5-6 more plants
4) Ordered 2 rolls of Reflectix off Amazon, once it gets here I will cover everything in Reflectix that I possibly can. (should I do the ceiling?)

Strains this run;

C99, Purple Grape Skunk, Grape Skunk, Tangerine Haze (2/3 is this).

Some pictures for you folks that would rather look at pictures than read lol;

Here is a nice bud of Tangerine Haze to start us off (puff ..puff);
picture.php

Grape Skunk and Purple Grape Skunk;
picture.php

C99 and T- Haze;

picture.php

Here are the Strawberry Diesel's someone gave me...unfortunately it looks like the Ultimate Strawberry Diesel died, I am hoping for a Lazarus event to occur on the two at the top hehehe:laughing:

picture.php

Vegging up the rest of the Tangerine Haze for another week or so;

picture.php

The new fan and filter, so far NO more heat issues and I don't think exchanging air in the room every 3-4 min is ever going to be a problem again, I only hope it also helps to control the PM.

picture.php

Enjoy the run folks!:dance013:

D

DHF

Hell Yeah wrap the ceiling in reflectix....and anything else that ain`t green......ok ?.........I`ll be on my bucket over here watchin Bro.....Make me proud....

I do wish yas could exchange room`s air faster though......work on that....

Peace....Freds.....:ying:......

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hell Yeah wrap the ceiling in reflectix....and anything else that ain`t green......ok ?.........I`ll be on my bucket over here watchin Bro.....Make me proud....

I do wish yas could exchange room`s air faster though......work on that....

Peace....Freds.....:ying:......

Uhh Fred how fast should I exchange the air I can easily exchange it faster?

Ok ceiling will be covered lmao how I get it up their I'll figure it out and as you say "handle it".

DHF if I haven;t said this enough, thank you for all your help to us all here in the vertical section, I DOUBLED my yield with your and Bobblehead's (and many other's) help on my last run and I plan on even doing more this run, don't know if I will ever hit even 1 GPW but I am very pleased with the outcome.

Peace all!

bobblehead

Veteran
airflow if measured in cubic feet per minute... so you need to get the cubic footage of your room, L x W x H = cft... then double it, and that's how much air you want to be moving per minute.

Use a staple gun and staple the reflectix to the ceiling... get to work...

Grizz

Veteran
mega get the eagle 20 for the pm, been fighting it for 6 months and one spraying with the eagle and no more pm, well worth the 60 bucks.

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
mega get the eagle 20 for the pm, been fighting it for 6 months and one spraying with the eagle and no more pm, well worth the 60 bucks.

Josey,

Thank you I am making my morning list of things I have to do today, I will add GET SOME DAMN EAGLE 20 to the list lol. I think with my new exhaust fan/filter will go a LONG way to help resolve the PM issue as well.

One more added note: I have now been able to control the temperature to a 5 degree range basically I can now keep it between 72 - 77 degrees. I was getting heat spikes last time and could not keep it within 10 - 15 degree range so this also is a major improvement!

Keep it green folks!:tiphat:

Grizz

Veteran
i have found more exaust or more air in doesent seem to help with the pm issue. it spreads it. the eagle 20 will kill it. 4ml per gl. one bottle will last you a long damn time

bobblehead

Veteran
I know for a fact you have Ultimate Strawberry Diesel because of the 3 fingered leaves. It doesn't grow a normal set of 5 leaves... Just watch it grow, it's something special.

turbolaser4528

Veteran
yes my friend, I am here !

was also wondering about co2, and a/c.

where are you pulling air from? n how will you keep the room cool when outside temps are in the 80's-90's?? do u worry about exhausting smelly air?

I kept noided about my carbon filter not working properly and someone smelling exhaust air, even though its scrubbed.....

good luck main lookin good so far west coast amigo

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i have found more exaust or more air in doesent seem to help with the pm issue. it spreads it. the eagle 20 will kill it. 4ml per gl. one bottle will last you a long damn time

I got the Eagle 20 AND hit EVERYTHING today Josey....how many applications should I do? I also heard it is systemic so I do not want to do it later in flowering correct?

Thank you...

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I know for a fact you have Ultimate Strawberry Diesel because of the 3 fingered leaves. It doesn't grow a normal set of 5 leaves... Just watch it grow, it's something special.

Oh thank god..I am doing EvERYTHING I can to keep those last two alive...even praying and meditating, lol....thank you Bobble.

D

DHF

airflow if measured in cubic feet per minute... so you need to get the cubic footage of your room, L x W x H = cft... then double it, and that's how much air you want to be moving per minute.

Use a staple gun and staple the reflectix to the ceiling... get to work...
That`s my boy......room air exchange twice per minute ftw.....anything less in late flower leaves too much room for shit ta cling ta shit inside the room as in mold spores , fungus`s , pythium , budrot ......etc......

Hepa air intake filters cost out the ass , but usedta use panty hose over intake filters for nasties prevention in damp basements cuz I was a tight ass.....

Need I say more ?........Joesy...Respect on the help yas been slingin round lately.......Keep up da good job....but.....

With total environment control , NOTHING can take hold of yer bitches without grower error I assure you.....and now....

I defer to Bobble...Handle it....Freds....:ying:....

Grizz

Veteran
your right DHF but if the spores are already in the room you got to kill them or they will continue to spread.

mega i sprayed mine twice 7 days apart, as i understand it eagle has a 4 week wear off so i wouldent spray anything in the flower room after 3 weeks in.

bobblehead

Veteran
your right DHF but if the spores are already in the room you got to kill them or they will continue to spread.

mega i sprayed mine twice 7 days apart, as i understand it eagle has a 4 week wear off so i wouldent spray anything in the flower room after 3 weeks in.

funny thing about spores... Is they can be real hard to get rid of 100%... and if you are pulling in outside air, they can ride in on the intake.

What Freds said holds true. If you can make conditions unfavorable for the spores to grow, it won't matter how many spores are present... The sanitizing and air filters are good, but you don't want to create an environment where the spores can grow, period.

Eagle20 is great, I use it in veg... but the residual effect only lasts so long... and I would hate to get caught with my pants down in late flower.

And pantyhose are going to keep out dust and bugs... but the material really isn't fine enough to catch tiny things like spores... So keep that in mind if you're gonna use Fred's tight-ass method. I'm allergic to the plant, so I have the most expensive furnace air-filter I could find...

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
eeesh ok how much is a really quality intake filter going to cost? I think I saw some on the latest issue of "Maximum Yield" mag, I really want to do this right and I DO NOT want PM again, I think we lost like 200 - 300 grams to pm alone last run. We had to really cut up some buds to get them clean.

Josey - Ok I will hit the flower room one more time , then just hit the Veg room probably only a third time as we are getting ready to move those into the flower room in 3-4 day more. BTW - Thank you for your help ;=)

Turbolaser - RE> where are you pulling air from? n how will you keep the room cool when outside temps are in the 80's-90's?? do u worry about exhausting smelly air?

I am lucky in my basement room I have a window so I have attached a 4" HVAC tube and run it right to the screen (I do have a screen to keep bugs out) and then to a 450 cfm fan to bring in fresh cool air. RE> Temps - I seem to have those controlled so far (in a 5 degree range now 72-77), now I live on the coast in Cali so we have a very moderate environment here, RARELY do we see over 85....I only run my lights after 8:00 pm so temperature extremes from outside influences are not a real bad problem.

As far as C02 and A/C - I learned from DHF and BObble that c02 is really a waste of money and I have never really had the dollars to afford it so NO I do not run C02 as my room is also not a sealed system, now A/C I was actually thinking of having to go to that with last run temperature issue, but with the new fan it seems to be under control now, so no I do not run A/C atm.

AND FOR YOUR VIEWING PLEASURE:

Some really nice and true "bubble" hash...see the bubble holes oh yeah ..good stuff...puff..puf

picture.php

picture.php

Ok night all I'm done ....Thanks everyone for your idea's and help!

Grizz

Veteran
hey bobble your probably right about the perfect room not letting the spores grow but i guess i will never have that perfect of a grow room, like you im hitting the veg plants with the eagle 20 now and havent had to spray anything in the flower room sinse the first time using it, I grew for years and never had pm, then wham it hit, hate that shit almost as much as the borg.

mega i also agree with the non use of the co2, seems to me they do just as well with out it as long as the fresh air is brought in in quanity. good nite all

turbolaser4528

Veteran
damn bro !

thanks fo' the advice, looking good, btw..

No co2 for the win huh? Ill keep that in mind, I think Ill go with a hepa filter on the intake, passive or active. Don't want dust and spores on my bitches or I would grow outdoors!!!!!

D

DHF

I never needed any more protection other than from dust and bugs with panty hose on my active intakes with my tight ass cuz the rest was taken care of in the grow areas and lung room`s recycling controlled environment.......and for the record.....

I live in HELL where all that shit can grow at the drop of a hat if I aint on my game.....

It`s all good to know the Eagle 20`s and reactive products ta deal with what we`ve let get by us if we`re not on our game , but.......

I never liked sprayin shit on my bitches......regardless.....Dial yer shit.....you`ll not have issues if yer on top of yer game....

Just tryin ta say that all the nastie`s that happen in late flower or at ANY stage during a growth cycle are preventable with all yer p`s and q`s taken care of....

Not gonna say do yer homework , but do yer homework.....in a nice way though.....LOL....just tryin ta help guys ......

Peace....Freds....:ying:....

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
ahhhh shit, i really can not wait for this next run to finish so i can join the vert group!!!! mega, this shit is gonna be INSANE!!!!! bobble and fred are good peeps to have in your corner. just ordered my two 600 sockets, and by july ill be there! keep it green homeys.

aod

turbolaser4528

Veteran
COME ON FREDS! making us all look buds?! SHIT@!

Work has me slippin' on my game, inhaling dustoff in the corporate bathroom O GOD !!! hahahaha just joking of course. I apologize, I appreciate you steppin' in like that to guide us correctly. yes, we aspire to be great like the fredster on the real.s

But what about dust and dirt bro?! pulling in air from under a deck for instance? fuck that I want a god damn hepa filter i dont care !

:wave::jump: Life