What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone using 1 gallon bubble bags?

Dimebagg

Hey guys, its been awhile since my last harvest, patiently awaiting my first one from the new cab. Im wondering if anyone has used 1 gallon bags for making hash? I know it doesnt give me much room to work with, but Im growing small plants for myself and wont have much trim to begin with.

Anyone with experience with the smaller bags? I'd like to know after adding water and ice, about how many oz's of trim can comfortably and efficiently be added to a 1 gallon bag?

Dr.NO

I haven't used bubble bags, but I've read that you can use around 200 grams of material for the 5 gallon bags. So 1/5 of 200 grams would be 40-50 grams of material for the 1 gallon bags.

Dimebagg

Meh, Im not sure if thats worth it? Ive never used bags period, only hash Ive made was qwiso. should I suck it up and go with 5g bags, save a few harvests of trim and do bigger batches?

Dr.NO

If you are only going to do small grows then you should stick with the 1 gallon bags to save money. But if you are going to have larger grows in the future then make the investment in 5 gallon bags. You can always do a smaller amount of material in the 5 gallon bags for now.

T

THC_Decapitator

I know all the bubble guys hate bho , But for small amounts of trim/popcorn, bho is way easier and yeids great . BHO is way nicer then qwiso imo .Just do it safely.
I have 5 gallon sets , and love bubble hash also .

or maybe screen the trim and make some bomb ass kief ?

susantidad

hello,

sometimes I use a 1 gallon bags for little extractions, you can get something like 5/7 grams of good quality with the correct strain.

also if you have more plant material (no much more..!) you can mix the ice/water/vegeteal in a bigger can (just for confort) and then throw the water over the bags (without the 220 mesh) like usually.

in this way is more confortable (similar to use a washing machine) and allow to use more vegetal for the extraction (may be 20% more)

regards,
susantidad.

love?

I've got a 1 gallon bubble bag set. Only run a small personal grow so it's fine...

But with such small amounts multiple bags are a bit pointless IMO as yields with individual mesh sizes are so low. I just use two bags; 73 and 220 IIRC. If I was buying a new 1 gallon set I'd just get those two instead of the full set.

I've never weighed what I've put in but the trim of one harvest from my 250W cab is 1 or 2 runs depending on the strains if that helps

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
If you stop at 73u, you are throwing away a lot of your yield. A 25u bag will yield about as much, at least IM(admittedly limited)E, as what you get from the 73.

Dimebagg

I'll probably go ahead and settle for the 1 gallons, I think it will be just fine for me. probably 220, 73, and 25

R

Ronley

i gallon bags are way to small and incvonvieniant. Its hard to get your hands into the bags and srape all the hash out.
I made the error of buying the 1 gallon bags not realizing that 1 gallon is so small. tried it once and then bouht the 5 gallons.
Irrespective of how much you grow, the 1 gallon bags are just inconvieniant to work with.
buy yourself a 3 bag set. Its sufficiant.

toastfighter2

BHO is butane hash oil. I actually made my first batch the other day,and while I was out in the backyard the neighbor lady came out and saw me, then told me to be careful and went back inside.
Now to the question at hand, you could always get the 1 gallon bags and one of those portable washers and run about as much trim as you wanted in each batch. As for not having a lot of trim to do at once, it stores amazingly well in the freezer. I let mine set in a net cup until it is mostly dry, then it goes into a coffee can in the freezer.

you could go with the 1gbags. mix in a 5g bucket and have a friend hold the 1g bag over the 5 gal bucket. its just a funnel and filter.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GO WITH THE 5 GALLON 7 or 8 bag kit. speaking from experience very worth the dough

Dimebagg

GO WITH THE 5 GALLON 7 or 8 bag kit. speaking from experience very worth the dough

I dont produce enough trim to justify a 7 bag kit. I just want to get a little extra out of my harvest. As little has experience with hash as I have, Im sure 2 grades will kick my ass regardless :biggrin:

dubite

I use the 1 gallon 4 kit bag.
I never use the red bag. always going for 73 and 25. Most I did was around 50 gram of trim...
If you find a proper bowl that is the same size as the mesh in order to spread it out properly, you can scrape the hasj very easy.
Depending on the strain and if you trim when fresh or dry, you will get different quantity/quality.

Bubblebags are well worth!
picture.php

windsoft

Dubite what would be your preference in strains and timing or trimming? Mind telling for which effects? Whats in that beaker looks like a pool of goodness; I just want to dive into that golden hash.

Latest posts

Latest posts