What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anybody have Exiperience with any Good Cheaper Fans Valueline or GrowBright??

mtn121

Just wondering if any one has had a good experience with any of the cheaper fans like the valueline or the growbright. How loud was it? Did it last or break? Just curious before I spend the money on a Vortex. opinions and comments welcome and wanted. Thanks

Just wondering if any one has had a good experience with any of the cheaper fans like the valueline or the growbright. How loud was it? Did it last or break? Just curious before I spend the money on a Vortex. opinions and comments welcome and wanted. Thanks
I got the growbright 4 inch ..... its kinda lout but works great! I got the scrubber as well and am very happy. From HTG for a good price:joint:

I have the 6 inch growbright and agree that it is loud but works very well. The small clip-on growbright fan I haven't had such good luck with. Luckily the guys at HTG are really helpful.

America

Best bang for your buck is one of these cheaper fans. Don't be fooled, many of these aren't worth a damn but some are great! I've bought 5 of the hydrofarm active air 6" centrifugals, and alongside my vortex it is the same volume and just slightly less rated CFMs, but for half the price!

If you use insulated ducting they are even quieter. This is the cheapest place online to find them that I have seen, but I'm sure any local hydro shops wouldn't have any trouble getting them, albeit for more money probably.

Hydrofarm Active Air Centrifugal Fans (https for security, the fans are green)

America

It would be perfect for that filter. It is rated to 500CFM and the Hydrofarm Active Air is 400CFM. Good match

Best bang for your buck is one of these cheaper fans. Don't be fooled, many of these aren't worth a damn but some are great! I've bought 5 of the hydrofarm active air 6" centrifugals, and alongside my vortex it is the same volume and just slightly less rated CFMs, but for half the price!

If you use insulated ducting they are even quieter. This is the cheapest place online to find them that I have seen, but I'm sure any local hydro shops wouldn't have any trouble getting them, albeit for more money probably.

Hydrofarm Active Air Centrifugal Fans (https for security, the fans are green)
Gonna second the active air. Never had another fan, but its working perfectly for my 600w

natrone23

anybody know which one is quieter? or are they pretty much the same

the valueinline, the green hydrofarm or the growbright

America

Growbright -- 52 decibels (htgsupply)

Thats the only one I could find. Similar speeds will have similar ratings.

My fan is behind two closed doors and I can no longer hear it, if that helps any.

Growbright -- 52 decibels (htgsupply)

Thats the only one I could find. Similar speeds will have similar ratings.

My fan is behind two closed doors and I can no longer hear it, if that helps any.

It probably depends on ducting and other construction variables but my growbright was loud as a bitch. I could hear it through a closed closet and bedroom door. You can always buy a cheap fan speed controller though to help out with the noise.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
DIY duct siliencer that wont cost a dime look it up I got a LOUD 8" valuline and now it can barely be heard

Leafmold

Hi mtn121,
i built my own cab n i use computer fans from a server. They ar easy to get hold of, made to run for extrended periods, and are not to noisey. Hope this helps, Good luck

Lord Doobie

There are circulation fans and scrubber fans...If you're lucky, you'll find one powerful enough to efficiently do both.
Circulation? Scrubber? Who knows?

I

Iron_Lion

I have a growbright fan and so does a friend of mine, so far so good.