What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OG Kush Hermie traits

Veggia farmer

I bought a pack of OG Kush from Humboldt seed Company and have seed round on it now. I Dont have much experience With OG, only mazar lines... Three females looks Nice, frosty and zero hermie traits at the moment.. The males are now starting to let pollen go, and I see two males that has females pistils. Hermie… How is the frequency With hermie traits in this line??? experinece?

Scenario one: f**k it let them just pollen and take the problem later Down the garden.

Scenario two: Take out the hermie males and HOPE the others dont hermie.. Down side of this way is if the others males also start showing hermie traits then i lose some to the Genetic pool....

lack of light is most likely the issue for males to hermie, since they are "just" pollen I dont give them always the best place in the garden. It just have to work.....

Look forward to practical thoughts!

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
breeding with hermies opens the door for herm progeny.

You should ditch the herms all together.

Like begets like!

Veggia farmer

I took a deeper look in the garden and noticed that proberly all the males are hermies..... OG`s have lots of hermies or is it just this line or was I just Unlucky??? Have karmas Biker Kush in the frigd waiting to sprout.. hope them have less hermies....

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
I took a deeper look in the garden and noticed that proberly all the males are hermies..... OG`s have lots of hermies or is it just this line or was I just Unlucky??? Have karmas Biker Kush in the frigd waiting to sprout.. hope them have less hermies....

Can't compare karmas gear to hso!!! If you get all herms in karmas biker u got a light leak or sumthin... karmas biker is one of his most worked lines and has excellent og representations in it ... haven't heard a single complaint except that there are occasional sweet phenos... but u will find og in a pack no problem.

kalopatchkid

Veteran
I wouldnt use any herm males for breeding. I spent several years looking for a solid OG from seed by all sorts of different companies.

Without a doubt, Karma's has been the best so far.

Veggia farmer

Dont have light leak, but I admit that the males are standing in a loong distance to the light, and that i saw it stressed them in strecthing also. So some stress from me, but I want true females and true males, and now I know that it isnt true sexes in the line....
Looking forward to karmas gear now! I actually was so impressed by LBH auto kush after a indoor seed round that I was considering it to indoor sog.. but will anyways start biker kush soon…

Veggia farmer

Long time but the biker kush is grown and saved as a mom, 3 different at moment. Damn thats some fine taste hehe. I can light up a joint, small roach after days. And know in a second thats its biker kush, still taste!

Booyah!

I bred my own Kush line outdoors using the Topanga PK as the basis of my project. Out of nearly 1000 seeds ran this year not one herm or questionable male. Don't use those males. DM me if you are in SoCal