What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MM X 78Thia was never released by Nevil

Raho

Veteran
Lemon Thai goes 8-9 weeks
It's off topic in Hempy's Thia thread, but . . . there are narrow leaf phenos to be found in the DP Lemon Thai, but they are not common. Wide leaf phenos are MUCH more common. Probably because that is what people keep selecting for in the F-gen seeds that go around.

Remember, the exchanges between Reef and Nev took place around 10 years ago, so the person Reef is today may be quite different than who he was then from a memory standpoint.

Raho

Veteran
Yes, 8-9 Weeks really match the oldschoolbas Thai78s pictures (the date i got the fresh pictures , autumnday, barely any flower.).

And like said very early: when i asked oldschoolba about thai78, he mentioned its a swiss Thai.. you heard me, he gave two Therms for the swissthai.

So, Nevil using the term Swiss Thai "already" doesent debunk the possibility that Reeferman called a Swiss Thai , a Thai78 aswell. Because thats what i see is what Reef did (when talking to oldschoolba).

Well, there is one small "possibility of logic" why Nevil would never stick to the term Thai78, and it is cause he already had another Thai78 Line..

But to say its impossible or unlogic Nev. would use the term thai78 for swissthai is not understandable for me atleast.
He just could have added Hempys Thai78 to the Name to differ the Hempys from Swissthai.
And Nev. was just confused from Reeferman himselve , got thai78 swissthai Names in his head..
Reef made the mistake when he made that post. That is not what he told Nev. It's what he wrote when asked on the forum about what he told Nev. and he corrected himself quickly.
Come on man. Look at the screen shot. It's obvious.

Do you think Nev was gonna waste time growing seeds that they guy he got them for had 3 different names and origins for?
He had a PILE of seeds from people all over the world to work through. Everything he planted would have had clear details on it's provenance and pedigree. He didn't have time to mess around with anything less.

How do I know?
Because that is how ANY serious breeder would have approached things when faced with the problem of more strains than time.

Raho

Veteran
oldschoolbas thai78 is said to go 14 to 18 weeks outdoors
Not sure if you saw the post where somebody spent more than a grand on different strains from them and they all looked like siblings when he grew them out side by side. He was pissed.

I don't know why you keep posting things from them as if they have a reputation as a good source of info. They started their business by stealing and apparently keep it going by lying.

romanoweed

may be quite different than who he was then from a memory standpoint.
well, in the case of relasing hoabac, he magically had an astonishing similar "problem", and relased it as Hoabac, Vietnamese Mindfuck, Silver Leave, and i guess gave it to Sam Skunkman labelled as Cambodain (thats a specaultion cause Sam Skunkman has Cambodian called: Hoabac....)
That are 4 Labels he provided for 1 Line. Or do you wanna tell me he kept The Hoabac Breeding-parents for 10 Years before relasing? I could go on forever about those cases that i already told you about, and are not after long time.
Come on man. Look at the screen shot. It's obvious.
Now you respond as if i refused to agree Reef made a misslabeling. I DID NOT. Ifact i told you before that reef labels multiple lines very confusing:

And i simply layed out that i disagree that it is logic how NEVIL would interpreted, or understood Reefermans confusing labeling of his Lines, WICH reflects trough in oldschoolbas Thai78 ..

Do you think Nev was gonna waste time growing seeds that they guy he got them for had 3 different names and origins for?
He had a PILE of seeds from people all over the world to work through. Everything he planted would have had clear details on it's provenance and pedigree. He didn't have time to mess around with anything less.
thats above my paygrade to tell. but i tell you that: for passionated peoples its about passion,.. therms like "time to mess" are not describing passionated peoples eventual obsession. The idea of Obsession says: You do whatever you can to get to reach your goals.

Further: That day, that Nevil acording my Hypothesis could have recieved Swiss Thai with the added description Thai78, why would Nevil doubted that? He would not read this fun thread, and said: wait something is wrong..
He would simply thought: oh a swiss Thai collected in 1978.. I mean, how is this an impossibility.

Infact my longterm interesse in Refermans Genetics, lead me to realize, that he is very weird when labeling his seeds. It took me 7 years, to like admit, yeah, he labels stuff really confusing.. Probably Nevil didnt reach this point.

How do I know?
Because that is how ANY serious breeder would have approached things when faced with the problem of more strains than time.
Thats the problem: It took myselve 7 years, of getting a first description of every strain, but only after a while he gives it another label, that doesent necessarly interfere with what it was first labelled..

It takes time.. Much research, to say: wait: Reeferman is now contradicting himselve after his third Label... Took me time.

Overall, i think you present your Imagination as Knowledge. I am not doing that, for me, i would never imply Thoughtprocesses that others do as a thing that i know or can predict. Its just a bit strange, but , haha

Last edited:

romanoweed

Not sure if you saw the post where somebody spent more than a grand on different strains from them and they all looked like siblings when he grew them out side by side. He was pissed.

I don't know why you keep posting things from them as if they have a reputation as a good source of info. They started their business by stealing and apparently keep it going by lying.
this is basically a loop. you told this exact concern to me already.

Look its basically a half Glass full, half empty discussion.

You say: Person XY found this Company to be fake, And i said: i grew it myselve and the 3 Strains i bought 100 percent matched what the original Strains should be..

so:
1: its a loop. we already had this exact discussion
2: its a Glass half Full/half empty discussion. update Fall 2022: I looooooove Cambodain Haze wich i tested the 2nd Year, its slightly soft potency, exactly how the guy with original reeferman gear describes it. Blue, red Hues, exactly how original should be.. Floweringtime matches.. everthign fine.. oldschoolba, yep, sexyest stuff sold.. IMHO. makes one apprechiate the world, is soft sativa, good for going out,., (no pics Cam is broken)
But again, you can now speak about bad experiences of a guy.. I can then speak about good experiences..

I can accept that a guy you know found oldschoolba fake. allgood.
Thats because i dont mean to claim truths , well, i cant change it but floweringtimes mached, thats indiscussable. the rest is subjective.. i subjectively think all 3 strains i ever bought form oldschoolba might be real based on effect.

Last edited:

romanoweed

but you still have to accept that a vendor called oldschoolba , who , whatever he sells (fake or real), has a thai78, and as i spoke with him he mentioned its from switzerland. So whatever this guy sells, he had exact knowledge about lines two three years ago .... pretty exact knowledge (or say exact missinformation from reeferman).
That was before any of those discussions.. YES , im shure it was before this thai78 trallala topic came up..

where did he get this exact knowledge about a misslabel of a uncircullated never sold Reeferman line?
Probably from actually carrying Reeferman Genetics?
Probably, or probaly not.. However, its astonding ..

Last edited:

Raho

Veteran
this is basically a loop. you told this exact concern to me already.

Look its basically a half Glass full, half empty discussion.

You say: Person XY found this Company to be fake, And i said: i grew it myselve and the 3 Strains i bought 100 percent matched what the original Strains should be..

so:
1: its a loop. we already had this exact discussion
2: its a Glass half Full/half empty discussion. update Fall 2022: I looooooove Cambodain Haze wich i tested the 2nd Year, its slightly soft potency, exactly how the guy with original reeferman gear describes it. Blue, red Hues, exactly how original should be.. Floweringtime matches.. everthign fine.. oldschoolba, yep, sexyest stuff sold.. IMHO. makes one apprechiate the world, is soft sativa, good for going out,., (no pics Cam is broken)
But again, you can now speak about bad experiences of a guy.. I can then speak about good experiences..

I can accept that a guy you know found oldschoolba fake. allgood.
I also dont mean to claim my smokereports and such as truth! they are just what i felt, seen, whatever. These are my strains, and i am happy. so are my thoughtprocesses about oldschoolba in a way..
Can't argue with your personal experience. Sorry I forgot we'd been through that before.

I just hate the thought of people being ripped off because they got tricked by a scam. There are plenty of them in this space. We disagree on whether oldschoolba is a scammer or not, but I trust your smoke reports and personal experience are true.

I know that they started out with original work from Nev and Reef. What their first time grower did with them in his repro's is another question all together. Maybe it's a testament to the quality of the work they started with that the F2's+ are delivering good results. Regardless, this is the last post I'll make on that seed store.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
It's off topic in Hempy's Thia thread, but . . . there are narrow leaf phenos to be found in the DP Lemon Thai, but they are not common. Wide leaf phenos are MUCH more common. Probably because that is what people keep selecting for in the F-gen seeds that go around.

Remember, the exchanges between Reef and Nev took place around 10 years ago, so the person Reef is today may be quite different than who he was then from a memory standpoint.
That is possible that there are nld phenotypes among Lemon Thai.The one i had was bld, but with a very nice cerebral high.

Reef was a nice guy to talk to in the time i had contact with him and that was about 12 years ago.

spitz

From @bushweed stock popped 10/2020. 11/13 from clone at day 92… took about 2 years for the pheno to mature into what it now produces:

IMG_0147.jpeg
IMG_0137.jpeg

IMG_0140.jpeg

Attachments

• EC9808BD-D241-44D8-93F4-73AA140A75D9.jpeg
    EC9808BD-D241-44D8-93F4-73AA140A75D9.jpeg
    196.8 KB · Views: 80

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
was just re reading some of this thread ,
kinda reminds me of some naive guy who has some hussy/slut for a girlfriend ,

she plays around on him , but he cant believe she ever would ,
even though she has played around on every other guy she has had ,
but somehow he is special because she told him she wouldnt do that to him ,, lol ...

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Doesn't look anything like Hempys Thai to me , but defo looks really nice and more like several NH21 x Mullumbimby Madness phenos that show up in Nevil's Grail project strains so I guess a more Mullumbimby Madness pheno

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Doesn't look anything like Hempys Thai to me , but defo looks really nice and more like several NH21 x Mullumbimby Madness phenos that show up in Nevil's Grail project strains so I guess a more Mullumbimby Madness pheno
looks a little like the one hempy posted being the "real" mm x thai 78 that nevil grew ,
but slightly better dialed in ,
also we only have pictures of hempy thai grown by hempy ,
goodness knows there may be better growers who could do a better job than him ,
its possible i guess ??/
picture below for comparison ..

picture.jpg

regseeds

looks a little like the one hempy posted being the "real" mm x thai 78 that nevil grew ,
but slightly better dialed in ,
also we only have pictures of hempy thai grown by hempy ,
goodness knows there may be better growers who could do a better job than him ,
its possible i guess ??/
picture below for comparison ..

View attachment 18886925
Looks very similar to my eye. The structure and calyx-to-leaf ratio is the dead giveaway. Nev's version has a more triangular pointed central cola top, but that's nitpicking at best.

There were two versions of this one. Donald, correct me if I'm wrong. One Kanga Made and One Nev made. One version was riddled with hermaphrodites (the first version you received way back when). The 2nd version has little to no hermaphrodites.

well grown by spitz. enjoy

Last edited:

spitz

Now, I am not the most experienced long-flowering grower, so perhaps this is a common occurrence to some... But, I'd like to point out that it took over two years to develop into this specific flower expression. I don't know, is that normal?

The original seed for this was popped April 2021 - and flowering out that mother plant looked nothing like this. As each successive clone was flowered out, the end result got better and better. The plant seemed to mature into something different with age... In contrast, the second MM78 bean that I popped (same april 2021 birth) went the other way, and got worse with age...

Each plant I have going (MM78-A and MM78-B), resemble the Hempy pic in their own unique way. The flower structure of this one (B), and the tri-leaf morphology with discerning middle blade of the other (A)...