What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I havent been high in ages!!

Wild Seed

Bangi Haze and 8 Miles High are sativa leaning hybrids that should be fine under a 400. 8MH, BTB and ACE KC all performed well under only 300w LED. Thai Chi or KC x ZamD would be my first choice on next ACE order.

Outdoors I'd think the Tropical King Congo or Durban Punch, Mandala Fast & Glorious, BTB or possibly White Magic, or the ACE Malawi crosses with Ethiopian, Mauritian or Zamal. And Real Seed Co has lots of untamed Thai cultivars.

Red October

Bangi Haze and 8 Miles High are sativa leaning hybrids that should be fine under a 400. 8MH, BTB and ACE KC all performed well under only 300w LED. Thai Chi or KC x ZamD would be my first choice on next ACE order.

Outdoors I'd think the Tropical King Congo or Durban Punch, Mandala Fast & Glorious, BTB or possibly White Magic, or the ACE Malawi crosses with Ethiopian, Mauritian or Zamal. And Real Seed Co has lots of untamed Thai cultivars.
man thanks for actually bringing up the 8 mile twice, I did actually ignore it the first time only because I grew something out from Mandala back in the day and wasn't that impressed but this 8 mile actually looks really good. Definitely going to do some reading up on it.
The thai chi comes very recommended by dubi, almost like he was championing it as an almost grown up high? not too strong and very functioning but with a certain quality in the high he really appreciated. as it's a limited addition I think I will rather follow his advice instead missing out.

King Congo came very recommended by another guy on here called mahla, what I like about it how it's been backcrossed to the correct apple pheno from Ciskei and guys are getting good results from it. the durban punch I was very interested in but it seems you have to do quite a bit of pheno searching and the same with the Ciskei.

We grew up here smoking Transkei which is what Ciskei is based on basically, swazi and Rooibaard

BTB I don't recognize the acronym unfortunately, would you mind letting me know the full name so I can look it up?

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Thanks man, I've pretty much overlooked it always but I am thinking the old solid lines might be a really good choice, any breeder specifically I should look at?
I've been running Peak's line for years and like it, many indoor people like it too. Boreal seeds has a Thai leaning super-auto I'm running this summer that's had great reports. Many different lines and all are a little different. Nl crosses are nice too, it crazy how many strains have it in their background.

Red October

I've been running Peak's line for years and like it, many indoor people like it too. Boreal seeds has a Thai leaning super-auto I'm running this summer that's had great reports. Many different lines and all are a little different. Nl crosses are nice too, it crazy how many strains have it in their background.

I'll definitely look into them, thanks for the suggestion man

Naturalgazda

Yeah I hear ya, that's really why I didn't want to do sativas under the 400 watt lamp, I could convert the ballast to MH which will help a bit but ideally I want some good hybrids to grow but everything is either a clone only or not easily available to me that seems good.

Like green crack, alot of people are raving about it but when you start reading in the forums, the guys aren't all that impressed except for the clone version.

Hello friends. Why is HPS light unsuitable for sativa growth? Well thank you.

Red October

Hello friends. Why is HPS light unsuitable for sativa growth? Well thank you.

a 600 watt hps should be good enough for most of the heavy sativas but 400 watts is a bit low. the blue spectrum you get from MH lamps helps the plant to not stretch as much compared to the redder spectrum from the HPS lamps. 400 watts is more suitable for hybrid and indica plants as they can produce more under the weaker light

not a full explanation but I hope it helps

Koondense

Veteran
Anyone familiar with sugar punch from ******s. I'm seeing alot of positive things being said about it

I tried it not long ago, a very pleasant hybrid with sweet smells mostly, has a pretty strong balanced high/stone, was a bit too stony for my taste but the effect was without burn out so that's a plus for me.
The yield was also ok, next time I'll try the Silver Fields, should be more "hazy".

Cheers

Red October

I tried it not long ago, a very pleasant hybrid with sweet smells mostly, has a pretty strong balanced high/stone, was a bit too stony for my taste but the effect was without burn out so that's a plus for me.
The yield was also ok, next time I'll try the Silver Fields, should be more "hazy".

Cheers

Thanks Koondense, maybe I'll give it a miss this time round but that silverfields does look very nice.

Wild Seed

No problem. Try the Vendor forums here or Seed finder has some reviews.
BTB is Beyond the Brain. Had 4 girls before all frosty and solid. Manageable height topped, with a comfortable but awakening effect that always delivered.

King Congo looks a good choice. The Congo PN parent is their favorite in house sativa. I'm sitting on some Old Congo beans, so it would be great to see your King Congos. Can't say the Bisho Purple I had stood out, but only ran 3 fems. I can say Tropical were generous with free seeds.

Red October

No problem. Try the Vendor forums here or Seed finder has some reviews.
BTB is Beyond the Brain. Had 4 girls before all frosty and solid. Manageable height topped, with a comfortable but awakening effect that always delivered.

King Congo looks a good choice. The Congo PN parent is their favorite in house sativa. I'm sitting on some Old Congo beans, so it would be great to see your King Congos. Can't say the Bisho Purple I had stood out, but only ran 3 fems. I can say Tropical were generous with free seeds.
spanks man, yeah funds are limited unfortunately so going to go with the 8 miles high and bb kush x nep jam for the indoor run this time with some early pheno SSH from a friend.

Really want to concentrate on my outdoor stuff this year for purchases. this is the list I have together so far from research and "Generous" growers, I think it is coming together but need to finalise my order as time is running dry.

OUTDOOR GROW

Zamal MC X Tom hill haze 10 x reg seeds

Tropical seeds King Congo 10 x reg seeds

Cannabiogen Destroyer 10 x reg seeds

Bushweed Mm X Thai 78 10 x reg seeds

Bushweed Super Laos 10 x red seeds

INDOOR

Ace seeds Bubba kush X Nepal jam 5 x fem seeds

Mandala seeds 8 miles high 10 x reg seeds

HOPEFULS

Beyond the Brain
Bangi haze
Red snake
Haze X bangi
Thai chi
Hawaiian spice
Oaxacan when available
Bshw / purple Zacatec when available

Would love any input from anyone is there are possible improvements to be made, wanted to do more Haze strains but there are so may good strains out there at the moment and my knowledge is super limited. I don't care much for smell and taste, it's all about the high.

Red October

man these are the type of genetics you can't pass up even with all the drama going on about it, I'm definitely willing to take the risk. there's so much reading up to do about them all, honestly it's alot more time consuming than your normal run of the mill stuff.

You literally have to follow all the growers lines to understand the bigger picture with the landrace and super sativa stuff and it's melting my brain a bit, but I think thats a good lineup and will probably be better than Anything I've smoked before.

Naturalgazda

Hi. I will recommend Lemon Shining Silver Haze for internal growth. It's from RQS seed bank. High yield mainly to the center. Amazing smell during cultivation. Perfect high. Really recommend. Also Amnesia Haze from them is very good. Good luck .....

Red October

Hi. I will recommend Lemon Shining Silver Haze for internal growth. It's from RQS seed bank. High yield mainly to the center. Amazing smell during cultivation. Perfect high. Really recommend. Also Amnesia Haze from them is very good. Good luck .....
Thanks man luckily I can get those two varieties here quite easily, I appreciate your input.

Red October

Now that I saw Kanga is back and planning on working again, I'll hold off on the BW stuff for now. Hopefully his beans will come to light and I wish him all the best.

Wild Seed

That's a fine looking selection, even if without the bushweeds outdoors.
Look forward to seeing what you can do with them all.

madalasatori

Veteran
I’d second amnesia. Very stable and good potency. Some of the Sativa phenos can be quite stretchy but are still managable and worth it for the effect.

Latest posts

Latest posts