Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Well Wishes > Lester Grinspoon, legendary cannabis researcher, died at the age of 92

Thread Title Search
Lester Grinspoon, legendary cannabis researcher, died at the age of 92 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-25-2020, 07:12 PM #1
mexcurandero420
विएरॊक् लोवेर

mexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivor
Lester Grinspoon, legendary cannabis researcher, died at the age of 92

The day after his 92nd birthday, influential cannabis researcher and author Lester Grinspoon passed away. His son Peter reports this via Twitter. Grinspoon's books greatly influenced the debate about the cannabis ban in the United States and beyond.

Lester Grinspoon was born on June 24, 1928 in Newton, Massachussetts. For decades, he was a professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and a 40-year psychiatrist at the Massachusetts Mental Health Center in Boston. In 1971 he published "Marijuana Reconsidered", a groundbreaking book on the criminalization of cannabis. Marijuana: The Forbidden Medicine, published in 1993, had a major impact on the social and political debate about medicinal cannabis.

Grinspoon was a true convert: when he started studying cannabis in 1967, he was convinced that “it was a very harmful drug that was unfortunately being used by more and more foolish young people who would not listen to or could not believe or understand the warnings about its dangers. ” The more research he did, the more it became clear that he, and the rest of the American public, had been lied to about the dangers of cannabis.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lester_Grinspoon_cannabis-is-remarkably-safe.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	538839

In volcanic soil we trust

Quote:
The natural state in which hemp appears was and is dioecious. Monoeciousness is artificial in hemp, it can only exist with the help of man, and without selection, the dioecious state will return in two or three generations. I. Bócsa (RIP)
Quote:
BTW that pluton sucked. We grew it outside-looked awesome, smelled great, everything but when dried, it had 0% high.
Quote:
I see it as a kind of wonder drug of our time - Dr.Lester Grinspoon
mexcurandero420 is offline Quote

12 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-25-2020, 07:26 PM #2
Cvh

Cvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivor
RIP
Cvh is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-25-2020, 10:30 PM #3
clearheaded

clearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to all
sad to hear. cutting edge, really put his livelyhood on the line for cannabis.
clearheaded is offline Quote

Old 06-25-2020, 10:49 PM #4
Gry
One Nation Underground

Gry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivor
May the good lord bless his soul.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-25-2020, 10:51 PM #5
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivor
We probably wouldn't have legalized in so many states if it wasn't for Grinspoon. RIP and this bowl is for you Lester.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
AgentPothead is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-26-2020, 12:20 AM #6
sdd420

sdd420 has a brilliant futuresdd420 has a brilliant futuresdd420 has a brilliant futuresdd420 has a brilliant futuresdd420 has a brilliant futuresdd420 has a brilliant futuresdd420 has a brilliant futuresdd420 has a brilliant futuresdd420 has a brilliant futuresdd420 has a brilliant futuresdd420 has a brilliant future
sdd420 has completed 5 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Rip

dont count the days make the days count
Legal medical patient

_________
“Make the most you can of the Indian hemp seed and sow it everywhere.” – George Washington
"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye can see." - Thomas Jefferson
"Two of my favorite things are sitting on my front porch smoking a pipe of sweet hemp, and playing my Hohner harmonica.” – Abraham Lincoln
sdd420 is offline Quote

Old 06-26-2020, 12:26 AM #7
CosmicGiggle
Super Moderator

CosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivor
Unhappy

RIP, sad news on a bad day, his contributions will not be forgotten.
CosmicGiggle is online now Quote

Old 06-26-2020, 04:47 AM #8
Maple_Flail

Maple_Flail is just really niceMaple_Flail is just really niceMaple_Flail is just really niceMaple_Flail is just really niceMaple_Flail is just really niceMaple_Flail is just really niceMaple_Flail is just really niceMaple_Flail is just really niceMaple_Flail is just really niceMaple_Flail is just really niceMaple_Flail is just really nice
sad news, RIP
Maple_Flail is offline Quote

Old 06-26-2020, 05:42 AM #9
Gypsy Nirvana
Free'd P.O.W.

Gypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivor
- I don't think its so sad when someone makes it to 92 years old before passing on - especially if they have had a full and worthy life - publishing such groundbreaking information on cannabis too - He must have died with a smile on his face - I would have -

RIP Lester -

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-26-2020, 06:16 AM #10
flylowgethigh
grassyhopper

flylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivor
Great post Gypsy, I was also kinda thinking that at 92, he did OK. Isn't there a string of pearls strain named after him?

Born on June 24, died on June 25. Musta over-celebrated the 92nd B'day.

RIP Mr. Grinspoon

https://youtu.be/NUmIO_MG5IU?t=87

Last edited by flylowgethigh; 06-26-2020 at 06:14 PM..
flylowgethigh is offline Quote