What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MB DecarBox

Bubba Kushner

Anyone use this?

I find the directions a little vague i.e. it takes 10 minutes to heat up to 240F. So I never know when to start counting to get 40 minutes.

Also sometimes smells little like burnt popcorn is that normal or too much?

Thanks for any help!

Gry

You start the timing as soon as your cannabis goes in the oven.
The burnt popcorn smell is normal.
Had to look up the device.
Interesting.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Whoa! That was a ton of "lechithin" powder that went in to that butter making device on the magic butter website. And I only add the liquid lechithin when melting the butter to mix into the cookie batter. Small tsp for 1/2 cup.

Read the thread on cannabutter. Making it over water is a great technique because the water absorbs some nasty stuff that you don't want in the butter.

I cringe at the thought of wasting all those delicious terps by cooking them off in a decarb cycle in that box. Personally, I vape off those terps, and make butter with the ABV. Since I make the butter in a crock pot (WMT cheapo) over water, which never gets over 212*F, for about 6 hours, I feel the decarb process has been completed. I melt the frozen butter in a cup in the oven at 250*F, and there are no bubbles of CO2 when it is stirred.

Bubba Kushner

Thanks everyone!

IDK it does tell u the temp in the box for your particular oven which seems good but I guess there is a learning curve

Helps a bit with the smell too

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Anyone use this?

I find the directions a little vague i.e. it takes 10 minutes to heat up to 240F. So I never know when to start counting to get 40 minutes.

Also sometimes smells little like burnt popcorn is that normal or too much?

Thanks for any help!
Just like when they say place the turkey in a 350 deg oven, it means the oven is at 350 deg!

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Thanks everyone!

IDK it does tell u the temp in the box for your particular oven which seems good but I guess there is a learning curve

Helps a bit with the smell too
FWIW

I decarb in a toaster oven set at 250 for 25 min in the garage, in parchment envelopes. No popcorn smell here and it is decarbed.