What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First Semi-Professional Personal Grow Indoor Start/Outdoor Finish

BuddingIndustry

Little Intro About Me

Hey Guys I'm new to IC Mag been reading post's for years, first time posting. Have a an older family member who was very active on here back in the day introduced me to this site. I watched him build quite a few great friendships all over the world throughout the years and he gained vast amounts of knowledge from many skilled master growers. I'm hoping to eventually be able to do the same :tiphat:

That being said; Hello All, Southern Ontario Grower here,This isn't my first time growing I've helped multiple friends in large grows over the years picking up knowledge and advice through the way. I've so far only had 2 of my own grows in the past two years on a small scale (due to lack of space) and only ever done my own grows completely outdoors. I do have indoor growing experience but on the scale of 1/10 i would say 4/10 is my experience level. Good News is I'm related to 2 growers who've grown indoors only for the better part of 20 years to occasionally pitch in advice (very busy). This year I'm Planting 200 Plants outdoors :greenstars: and starting them indoors for maximum growth until the weather permits it to be outside. Please feel free to ask any questions and pitch in any advice. What do you think about my setup?, Am I Do anything wrong? What would you do different? Thanks in advance.

Setup

-7 600W Digital Ballasts MH BULB
-1 Vortex In-line 8 inch exhaust (Stronger Fan then Intake)
-1 Continental AXC 8 inch In-Line Intake (Speed Controller on it)
-1 6inch Vortex sitting on floor to move air (Had sitting around)
-3 Oscillating fans
-6 Batwing style reflectors 18-22inch
-1 UFO style 42" inch reflector

So far the room has about 80 plants in there and i need to fit about 120 more in there LOL, fuck my life :). Will probably have to expand grow room size. The majority of the plants in the picture are Green Crack Clones sourced locally. But inside the picture there is about 20 other genetics that have been cloned and and are rooting or the plant is too small at the moment to re-cloned/be cloned. So basically there is about 20-25 strains in the room and this years crop will be a fucking massive pheno hunt for next years crop. I'm trying to slowly get all my ducks in a row with good genetics is one of my most important goals for this year , hoping to find a good yielding skunky/gassy pheno that can grow good in my climate, so i can just put 200 of those beauties in the ground. But to be safe that's why i have the Green Crack to fall back on lmao. Below are the Pics of the room.

picture.php

picture.php

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
That’s a lot of greenery :tiphat:
Maybe a back support would be helpful for planting time :biggrin:
Best of luck

BuddingIndustry

The plants are growing too tall, too fast and its gonna be time to move them outdoors soon , just getting everything together at my site which should take another week or two max. Updates: Had to expand my grow room and add more lights but damn was it well worth it the ladies are looking mighty green and healthy. Got the remainder of my cuttings hardened off and planted them in the solo cups and now its just a matter of feeding them right and getting them new homes ready. My favorite strains in terms of smells so far and growth are Girl Scout Cookies (clone) , Green Crack ( Clone) , and I have a few OG Kush crosses as cuttings that look very promising with very vigorous growth, tight nodes, good smell, and pretty resilient hopefully the bud turns out well. Last but not least the 50-60 seedlings i have for a pheno hunt are looking very nice as well but ill wait until harvest before thinking i have anything worth raving about. :smoker:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

BuddingIndustry

They're going outside in about 10 days , the delay on it is mostly my fault, just needed to clear some Trees on my property and purchase the fabric pots for the transplant but waiting on my supplier, doing about 50 of them in 100 gal pots and the rest probably in 45 gals.

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
Lots of work but should be well worth the effort.
Looking healthy by the way

BuddingIndustry

Quote of the day and my mantra for now: " You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them" - Maya Angelou

Bad News for me fellas, I've decided to drastically tune things down and downscale massively due to some unforeseen circumstances. Basically I've been renting a plot and growing on a large piece of land (about 100 acres) for about over 1 year using roughly 1 acre of unused land (literally like the fucking jungle, massive amount of work to clear it first year) on the property, this year would have been the second year. Things started turning sour when the land owner all of a sudden had a massive interest in the plants (growing) , asking all sorts of questions about my methods and nutrients , strains , etc. I obviously answered but not with any information that pertains to my grow style and method, basically just sent him on a goose chase with a bunch of mixed information. So a couple weeks goes by and I'm back working on the property and notice a new fresh and clean patch of land. After inspecting the area i notice about 50 plants in basically the exact ridiculous methods i told him i grew in, I confronted him about it because before that he had no interest in cannabis, basically telling me hes going all in this year and next and then he asks me to buy about 50 cuttings of my strains and that he plans on making the 50 plants i saw into 100 plants and 500 more are coming this month. From that very moment I knew this man did not want to be the simple farmer that was renting me land and but was instead getting greedy and thought that he could use me for knowledge and my hard work and then just throw us to the side. I knew if i did the investments i was going to make this year there would have been for granted and that he would have been laughing with the fact we set everything up for him and he wont have to re-rent his land next year. Also the fact that I'm a licensed grower and I knew did not have one and was probably planning to bank on the fact that i did. These all led me to believe its better not to plant anything there.

So... I packed all my shit , took my plants to a buddy's house and then planted those fuckers right in his backyard, obviously much smaller pots 3gal-10gal and about 80 of them instead of the 200 (still haven't finished re-potting all of them.) My grow space went from 1 acre to about 400 sq ft LOOL. Im most likely going to use the rest of the plants to make cutting and try to pull some indoor for further strain hunting. But like my quote says I'm not gonna be reduced by this. I will still continue my strain hunt this year, obviously pull a much smaller yield, but I'm gonna move forward because i know this far from the worst thing that could have happened, we still have our health and I'm gonna try to make the best of my year. Since all this has happened i haven't had any time or much motivation to keep taking pictures and posting but I've come out my slump and am ready to do the best I can with what ever space/plants/or problems come up. Got to move forward or we only go backward. :wave:

P.S The one that is wilting is a male (let him die lol).
and I'll take some better/more detailed pictures tomorrow when I'm watering. Until then just look how happy my business partner is when She is in the garden always smiling when shes baked... sheesh. :muahaha:

picture.php

picture.php

LizardMan

Skunk/gassy pheno hunt!? Which strains have you chosen to hunt through?

Fuck id of culled many by the time they seen the sun off of stem rub and structure alone... Well kudos on the amount and the watering, tagged along to see some winners

BuddingIndustry

I have about 15 different types of OG crosses from seed , 5 so-called skunk crosses , and quite a few of newer genetics like Black gold, Quebec Gold 2.0 , and Ir diesel and Ir Chemdawg from Dr.Greenthumb , plus a quite a few cuts of OG from different breeders. Right now quite a few are stinking to high heaven can't quite call it skunky but boy does it dank.. alot of citrusy phenos though . Smells like a fruit garden back here lol. As for the culling I'm letting anything that doesent stand out have the end of its life outside this year , all of the promising ones are being cloned for mother's (about 12 of them) where il most likely run those 12 agian and thin the herd once agian. And for the watering , I just use a sump pump and a wand takes 5-15 mins to feed about 300-600 liters depending how thirsty these girls get.

Swamp Thang

Veteran
That grinning Labrador reminds me so much of the canine partner-in-crime to a once-frequent IC Mag poster called Back Country, who inexplicably vanished from radar a while back, never to be heard from again.