What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Backpack setups and tool advice for the NeuGorilla in the neighborhood

G13Fan

If you find a couple of 25-inch shovels out there, they're mine.

:frown:

Il look for them !!. So the animals ruined everything almost. I have 3 ruined plants still alive but barely. Keep coming to my spot to water at night the animals tore up my granny skunk monster female and some others. So pissed. Keep coming to a turned over pot with the dirt dug out. Plants are not dead but close. Son I am very disapoint.

Treevly

I've had my best luck with mothballs. I break one in half, put each half in a bottle cap, & put the caps on opposite sides of the hole, not so close that rain will leach mothball juice into the plant's dirt area. Do it for each plant. It's not perfect, but it's good. Garlic powder & black pepper are useful too.

St. Phatty

that's the interesting things about outdoors.

i've had a relatively good year so far, animals only eating about 10% of my plants.

of course, one hungry deer could change that record overnight.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
if you have a dog, human or dog hair works as a great deterrent
/leave clumps of it around your plants to scare away pests
also urine; pee as much as you can around the garden perimeter to mark your turf
that sucks that the animals got to your patch but if you can still pull off a few nice buds that would be great
growing outdoors isnt easy; what you are really getting on this grow is a lot of knowledge
best of luck and be safe

G13Fan

Thank you for all the great info. So far I have another outdoor garden grow I haven't spoke of because it's not "Guerilla" The plants are labeled and so far so good ! Great info from you ICMAG and wow what a learning exp! In my stealth outdoor garden all tipped plants re potted repacked and back to life 2 days so far no animals. All watered and beautiful. Question do you think Dragonfly earth medicine fat flowers tea will attract coons or deer? I want to get that tea going but nervous my pots will get tipped again. May build some temporary wiring to keep pots upright. Do not want to make too much disturbance tho. I will try to get some late night photos of the spot as it's very dangerous access. 3 am only. Been very exciting and fun so far. Should have Crippy x all these plants in seed form by the end if nothing gets stolen. I tore out a G13 male in favor of the Crip it smells so delicious. P.S I don't understand why the Polecat has tons of 3 leaf sets not many 5 leaf but it seems to bve female. This is a very strange plant it smells divine but weird looking growth.

Last edited:

troutman

Seed Whore
Spraying bug repellents as a perimeter around your entire patch will help keep animals like deer away for a little while. :tiphat:

Mixing eggs, blood meal, garlic cloves, cayenne pepper in milk will stink like Hell and that can be used to scare deer away.
I buried solo cups to ground level around one patch a while back and filled it with the witch brew mentioned and it does
work on a limited basis.

Smells like pure shit though. So don't spill any on yourself. :biggrin:

An Egg-cellent Solution for Keeping Deer out of Gardens

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Spraying bug repellents as a perimeter around your entire patch will help keep animals like deer away for a little while. :tiphat:

Mixing eggs, blood meal, garlic cloves, cayenne pepper in milk will stink like Hell and that can be used to scare deer away.
I buried solo cups to ground level around one patch a while back and filled it with the witch brew mentioned and it does
work on a limited basis.

Smells like pure shit though. So don't spill any on yourself. :biggrin:

An Egg-cellent Solution for Keeping Deer out of Gardens

If deer are a problem, and you have access to deer blood, there would be no more powerful a deterrent than deer blood and fresh bones scattered about the place.

I have used cow blood and fresh cow bones hidden in the undergrowth, to cause a frantic stampede among cattle that were driven illegally into farmland, and I watched from a safe distance as the frenzied cattle went berserk and damn near gored the man who brought them in to destroy crops.

Obviously if you live in bear country, any type of animal remains would be verbotten.

Big Eggy

Veteran
If deer are a problem, and you have access to deer blood, there would be no more powerful a deterrent than deer blood and fresh bones scattered about the place.

I have used cow blood and fresh cow bones hidden in the undergrowth, to cause a frantic stampede among cattle that were driven illegally into farmland, and I watched from a safe distance as the frenzied cattle went berserk and damn near gored the man who brought them in to destroy crops.

Obviously if you live in bear country, any type of animal remains would be verbotten.

Venison sausages are available locally here might attract other pests though :D

G13Fan

So far so good here in NE Ohio been a beautiful growing season. I think the animals gave up on whatever they were looking for in the pots I have not had any knock overs in a few nights. I have to visit the site at night but soon I will move the plants to a more secure location in the woods. I knew doing this guerrilla thing would be difficult but wow it is very difficult to pull off a outdoor remote grow. One time being seen just 1 time it's all over for that year and the future for the locations

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
nice little plot g13! ive not heard of those strains before
thats good that the animals are leaving your plants alone for now but i would still add a bit of hair and pee to mark your area
you are so right about not wanting to compromise your spot, like you said if someone see you its pretty much game over
thats going to be some work moving the plants to a new location but if you think its worth it then go for it
is this a new spot youve found? what makes it better
good luck and stay safe

RizlaMan

powdered predator urine; menstruate tea

powdered predator urine; menstruate tea

you can get powdered or crystallized predator urine online or at outdoor stores. It works great at keeping away unwanted visitors.

Additionally, if there's a lady in your life, you can gather her discarded feminine hygiene materials, put them in a nylon stocking, soak them in water to make tea, and put the tea or diluted tea in a pressure sprayer then spray around your garden. This menstruate teat works exceptionally well at discouraging pests.

Big Eggy

Veteran
Additionally, if there's a lady in your life, you can gather her discarded feminine hygiene materials, put them in a nylon stocking, soak them in water to make tea

Err.. questions would be asked if I was doing this.. think we would have to have a "chat".

Lol

G13Fan

Hi ICMAG here is the update on the 2 grows I got going. Finally got into the spot where I could take some photos in the early morning light. Very risky spot have to go at night as mentioned . Some large animal is messing with the granny skunk keeps knocking it over will have to move them and get them to a better spot not so close to people. Smells a little bit from about 10 feet away but it seems to not be flowering yet . IS it still safe to move and plant them in the ground or should I just leave them in the 3 gallon betos? Daylight seems to still be long but the plants are tightening up the spaces on the tops is it too late to plant the ones in buckets? Thanks for all the great advice and words . I am learning alot about this sport .

Here is a updated photo of the wall of weeden

Pumpkin and corn are hiding the plants in my imagination !

G13Fan

Update i used the dog hair trick and the plants have not been knocked over , I managed to sneak in there during the day to the guerilla grow and get a few pics of Munson and Granny the others were males I had to cut them this morning (don't like to do that). The other garden is kicking ass Columbo skunk is a monster almost 6 ft tall as well as the 6 mill. Polecat and Delta Blues reaching for the sky,Shoreline Crippy Male pollen sacks popping open. I been making a airstone tea all getting EWC and Dragonfly Earth meds fat flowers every 2 days or so. Any other suggestions welcome, Granny and Munson in the big square Beto buckets maybe needs some cal mag or something getting yellow leaves. Thanks to ICmag and all of you this years grow is going really well! 12 colas on the columbo skunk and they all smell really good ! The smell is staying in the garden as well from all I can tell. So far so good so what !

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i must have missed your last post, the plants are looking nice for being on their own
how much are you having to water them now?
the hair trick really works and dosent leave anything that would seem too out of place
it shouldent be too late to put them into the ground, especially if they have not started flowering
yuo can also add some black strap molasses to your plain water and it will add some weight and you can feed them this right up until you harvest them
the plants love it and it helps feed the soil
looking good buddy! way to grow