What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spider Farmer SF4000 vs 2 Mars Hydro SP250s

H

hard rain

Great to see a proper like for like comparison. You have thought of everything.
Stunning bud pics on page 2. Can you tell us a bit more about the varieties?
:lurk:

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
Doing a nice job GET MO im loving the show and your girls are loving the defol nice work m8.:good:

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Hard rain - thanks man, fasho! The sureshot is a cross my folks made in south sac, its a male raspberry kush x sherbert, then a male from that cross was crossed to gsc. The vibranium, which will be the test plant in this side by side is the sureshot reversed to a pheno #3 of brandy wine , which is pink champagne x grandpas breath bred by dungeon vault genetics. The creme de la blue is the sureshot reversed to the clone blueberry muffin.

Darksider - right on man, its a lot of disagreement on defoliation. Its one of those things that works well in certain situations, it works for me because I have a lot of plants packed way to close together, and trained for it. It wouldnt make sense to defoliate if I had a space between my plants. I like it cuz, also it decreases the top sie a lil bit, it allows for hard nugs down lower and more top like buds, plus it allows mire air flow so it decreases chances of pm and makes pests easier to spot or deal with. Before i spray anything in veg dealing with a pest problem i vill do a mass defoliation and it makes full coverage way easier.

THC123

Veteran
Looking good, I wondrr if you will notice anything with the uv in the sp250 spectrum potency or trich/terepene wise

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Looking good, I wondrr if you will notice anything with the uv in the sp250 spectrum potency or trich/terepene wise

I was wonderin same thing. Also if i will have decreased yield on that side since what i gather the uv doesnt add to yield so is kinda taking away from total used watts growth wise. Im willing to trade off a lil yield for quality tho! My market is myself and connoisseurs, quality is #1.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
week 5 update...

picture.php

picture.php

sp250 side

picture.php

sf4000 side

picture.php

Crowmax

Veteran
Looking great GET MO
Any opinion compared to your old 600w HPS light -if you had one-?

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Looking great GET MO
Any opinion compared to your old 600w HPS light -if you had one-?

I had 2 gavita 1000w de in here before. The difference so far is Im using less than half the power lightwise plus saving a lot on cooling the room. I ran a window ac the whole lights on with the gavitas, now I kick it on a few times for 15 minute intervals for a total of 2 hours of ac each night. Lot easier to manage. As far as weight goes I wont know until its finished, prolly be a little lower than the gavitas but not much cuz I was always battling the heat with them and it lowered my yields I believe. Im shooting for a lb off each side, but we shall see...

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
When u put these in the 3/5, are you going to put them side by side, or stagger them a bit to obtain more light on the long ends?

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn, i just noticed this amazing thread. :chin:

Thank you so much, GET MO. :flowers2:

Both sides look great so far.:hotbounce

Will you answer the question truthfully.... Does Mars make Spider Farmer lights?

Personally, I don't see how, as Mars has yet too show any real knowledge of building LED grow lights for cannabis

MindEater

Will you answer the question truthfully.... Does Mars make Spider Farmer lights?

Personally, I don't see how, as Mars has yet too show any real knowledge of building LED grow lights for cannabis

Are Mars user manuals written in broken English? I doubt there's a single person behind Spider Farmer that knows about growing plants. Just a Chinese factory that saw how bad HLG was ripping people off and undercut them. And it's still a rip off but I bought Spider Farmers cuz they come with fancy strain relieves/covers on the delicate wiring, (the one thing I couldn't figure out building quantum boards, since Cannabis growers are typically happy with loose messy wires and duct tape all over the place, and offer no help for that sort of thing)

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are Mars user manuals written in broken English? I doubt there's a single person behind Spider Farmer that knows about growing plants. Just a Chinese factory that saw how bad HLG was ripping people off and undercut them. And it's still a rip off but I bought Spider Farmers cuz they come with fancy strain relieves/covers on the delicate wiring, (the one thing I couldn't figure out building quantum boards, since Cannabis growers are typically happy with loose messy wires and duct tape all over the place, and offer no help for that sort of thing)

SF may not know about actual growing, but they sure seem to know what spectrums allow cannabis to reach its near full potential, at least for an all-in-one panel