What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

R. I. P. CHARLOTTE. COVID 19 KILLS NAMESAKE OF CHARLOTTE'S WEB

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Charlotte Figi, namesake of Charlotte’s Web medical marijuana strain, dies with COVID-19
Colo. (KRDO) -- Charlotte Figi, the little girl who inspired the low-THC medical marijuana strain, “Charlotte’s Web,” has passed away with COVID-19.

Multiple family members tested positive for the virus, said those close to the family.

As of Tuesday, 179 people have died of coronavirus in Colorado, according to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment.

Figi had suffered hundreds of grand mal seizures when her parents, exhausted of heavy-duty drugs, sought out the help of the southern Colorado-based Stanley Brothers, who eventually engineered the non-psychoactive CW Hemp in 2011.

The advent of the CW Hemp plant spurred hundreds of families to flock to Colorado, seeking alternative treatment for a variety of health issues, including seizures, shortly after Colorado legalized medical marijuana.

Figi was just three months old when she started having seizures from Dravet Syndrome. After taking oil from Charlotte’s Web, her seizures reduced to two to three per month.

A Figi family friend Tuesday posted publicly on Facebook, “Charlotte is no longer suffering. She is seizure-free forever.”

The family asked for privacy during this time.

Charlotte Figi was 13.

X

xavier7995

I saw that, it's really sad. I am a giant softy for struggling kids.

q3corn

So sad. She will be remembered for what she unknowingly did to the world of compassion

Heard the terrible news this morning. We are so sad here at 5 Star Farms.
We started in the medicinal area with CBD, trying to help cancer and AIDS patients,
then got into helping children with epilepsy, Dravet Syndrome, and other terrible things.
Charlotte Figi was a pioneer in my eyes. RIP young lady....
and RIP my mentors OG Ringo and Subcool.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
Charlotte opened the worlds eyes to the cbd wonders...

She will be sadly missed.

Hope this tread is a tribute to her and the others who have sucome to this virus.

rolandomota

Yes this is sad I can't help but wonder how many people here will pass away from this virus this is some serious shit take care everyone

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
RIP Charlotte

281417-Candle-Burning.gif

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
“It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.“

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Latest posts

Latest posts